Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make um or shake um...

Default Make um or shake um...
    Make um or shake um... News Icon Shape Ideas..
    I put them on different backgrounds to see the depth.
    Well?
    Going... gooooooing... gooooing..

Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

I likes, can we get a set for all current 3rd party apps, i will use them.

Yep, bigger icons give more opportunities for fancier designs, but I'm afraid that losing 25% of icons per screen is too much...

I know! I actually make all my icons even bigger then this! Its easy to make them smaller.
    I usually make them all Very big and script them to different folders in different sizes. 85 if about the size when "Icons Rub" on the homescreen. So I make 3 sizes for whomever wants them
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Me likes I could see big ones like that for the dock and smaller sized for the scrolling ones.

Except for the bottom transparent circle being a little to "out there", they look amazing!

Oh so this is why we haven't gotten any of the new third party apps in the square thread...you've been working on something new. Your stuff always looks good but when we have your set and then new third party apps come out it looks goofy...the standard to do list and tap-tap revolution icons look horrendous next to your square icons but I suppose with so many new third party apps always coming out it's going to be impossible to always have a full set.

Well, I took the image and scaled it to "standard" 60x60 size and the 3D effect is clearly reduced. So the icons look gorgeous at the size you posted, but smaller icons simply don't offer the same "pop".

Also, this design limits the amount of detail you can give your icons. It lends itself more to larger, less detailed objects. So the AIM symbol is good, but Mario is already problematic... Who am I telling this, you know it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Well, I took the image and scaled it to "standard" 60x60 size and the 3D effect is clearly reduced. So the icons look gorgeous at the size you posted, but smaller icons simply don't offer the same "pop".

Also, this design limits the amount of detail you can give your icons. It lends itself more to larger, less detailed objects. So the AIM symbol is good, but Mario is already problematic... Who am I telling this, you know it.

I wonder if the bottom line of the glass or whatnot was thicker(more visible), if the 3d effect would look alittle better then they are smaller?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

look good but now with Sumer board you have to make all the icons :-/

I like the Aim icon, but maybe without the half circle of glass thing, that way it would fit in with my other ones

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Make them Loring! I am always watching out for your new work. Keep on making the amazing icons!

hey don't forget about your small/medium/large icons! im rockin those right now but gotta hide some apps cuz no new icons!! loring cough*cough
    Hit Thanks!

Great input guys!! I like it!
    I take ideas well. And I decided to scrap it =) In the midst of reading these.. you all gave me a WAY better Idea!
    =)
    Oh.. and check the square Icons Tread.. I posted my official "to-do list" Add to it, Ill get those soon!