Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vista Live SideBar

why isnt mine working?

it looks like this

Doreen, this along with your VistaBliss Weather theme are some of the best springboard themes out there. Very much looking forward to your next theme idea.

man this is different

Cool What Font Was Used?
    I was just wondering what font you used for the phone, sms, mail, and music player icons. I am trying to make some more icons like them but I can't find the same font and it looks funny. Thanks.

Default weather icon not working on os 3.0
    does the weather icon work with os 3.0 caz it aint workin 4 me
    it looks like this 4 me

Where can i find that icon theme on your homescreen?

Default Help with Vista Live setup on iPhone 3.0!
    Hello, I really love this Vista Live theme and am so excited to get it set up properly. The two issues I'm having so far are; on the bottom where the 5 icons are, Start, Text, iTunes, Safari, Mail, the Text part is missing on mine. The rest are there and I have moved them around so that they are all working what they are suppose to be working. Only there is no Text writing it is just blank in that spot. I did try dragging my regular Text icon down into that empty spot but that did not work either.

I did download this theme from Cydia and the other items as suggested on this site as well as downloading to my desktop the zip file supplied "Vista Sidebar Package". In addition I ssh'ed into my iphone and navigated to the Vista SideBar Theme Icons to see if the Text.png was there and it was. I did replace it with the zip package downloaded from this site and rebooted and still no Text in the bottom bar!?!

I also arranged the 3 files in Winterboard as suggested.

The other issue I am having is for what ever reason the SideBar is either too tall meaning it aligns itself on top of the top bar where the battery icon is and therefore the Notes/Mail icon at the bottom of the SideBar is too short to fit properly over the invisible Mail icon and does not work. Nor does it look right.

If I adjust the 4 Sidebar icons down one slot then there is a huge gap at the top and the bottom of the mail lays over the bottom bar. So therefore no matter what I do thus far I cannot get the whole Sidebar aligned properly. There is either a big gap at the top and over laying at the bottom or over laying on the top bar and too short at the bottom.

I do have the 5 column turned on. I'm running a PC with Vista. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks so much for providing this AWESOME theme.
    Blessings,
    J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by jdopry View Post
    Hello, I really love this Vista Live theme and am so excited to get it set up properly. The two issues I'm having so far are; on the bottom where the 5 icons are, Start, Text, iTunes, Safari, Mail, the Text part is missing on mine. The rest are there and I have moved them around so that they are all working what they are suppose to be working. Only there is no Text writing it is just blank in that spot. I did try dragging my regular Text icon down into that empty spot but that did not work either.

I did download this theme from Cydia and the other items as suggested on this site as well as downloading to my desktop the zip file supplied "Vista Sidebar Package". In addition I ssh'ed into my iphone and navigated to the Vista SideBar Theme Icons to see if the Text.png was there and it was. I did replace it with the zip package downloaded from this site and rebooted and still no Text in the bottom bar!?!

I also arranged the 3 files in Winterboard as suggested.

The other issue I am having is for what ever reason the SideBar is either too tall meaning it aligns itself on top of the top bar where the battery icon is and therefore the Notes/Mail icon at the bottom of the SideBar is too short to fit properly over the invisible Mail icon and does not work. Nor does it look right.

If I adjust the 4 Sidebar icons down one slot then there is a huge gap at the top and the bottom of the mail lays over the bottom bar. So therefore no matter what I do thus far I cannot get the whole Sidebar aligned properly. There is either a big gap at the top and over laying at the bottom or over laying on the top bar and too short at the bottom.

I do have the 5 column turned on. I'm running a PC with Vista. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks so much for providing this AWESOME theme.
    Blessings,
    J.D.
    Text icon doesn't show up because the icon file is named Text.png. For OS 3.0 that icon name changed. Change Text.png to Messages.png and it should show up.

Remove 5 column springboard. If that doesn't solve the springboard issue with the right aligned icons, hold down on an icon to get them to wiggle as if you are moving them, take a screen shot of your springboard and post it here.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Default Help with Vista Live setup on iPhone 3.0!
    Hi, thank you very much for your help. I got the Text to show up and working on the bottom as you suggested I renamed the Text.png file and fixed it.

Don't know what happened or why it would effect it but after I renamed the Text.png file so it would show up, my weather icon now does not show anything? Weird. The weather icon has worked fine all along, and I did not touch that file fyi.

I disabled the 5 Row program and rearranged as best I could but actually run into the same issue either I am to high up or too low. I am attaching a photo of my home page. Just know if I adjust it to fit the bottom, there is the same gap on top and the mail icon over laps the bottom a bit. Or as you can see if I try to make it fit at the top, it over laps the top a bit and is short on the bottom. Also I did try to get a photo with the icons wiggling but the photo was not very clear on the computer, sorry.

One other change I need help making. I have not been able to find the file to edit. That is for the Lock Screen that shows the calendar at the top and the weather at the bottom. Where is the file to edit the weather location to show for my area? It shows Cupertino! The files I have changed in the past like this was a .js file I think? But I have looked all over and have not seen that extension. Thanks again for any help. I am very grateful. J.D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-4-row-iphone-screen-9-5-09.png  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12