Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ** RELEASE ** Windows Per7ection

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks a lot I'll try it out.
    Last edited by Zehlek; 2009-02-11 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Has anyone fixed the calendar refreshing problem yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakemix007 View Post
    I figured out how to use EBL's widget with the 24hr theme from Doreen. Attached is the edited wallpaper.html file which needs to be placed in "WinSideBar Weather (1st)" Directory

on another note...

I am having another problem... When i am on a call and someone else beeps in, i am unable to press "ignore" or "hold call + answer". Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Nice job man.. it does work now! The only thing that looks weird is those forward slashes in the upper left hand corner.. any clue how to remove them? See my screenshot attached.. it's also in your screenshot too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0005.png  
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    here you go ..drag this folder into you themes folder in winterboard and activate it and it will load the clock....it can be easliy combined with one of the html files for the theme....like i said in the above post i combined 3.html codes into one ...and the phone runs alot better...
    Any chance you can just upload your whole theme. I want to combine the stuff as well to speed up the phone, but I am unsure how to go about it.

Thanks

What if we use Winterboard strictly for html files only and overwrite the images on the iphone without using Winterboard?

Would that speed this thing up? I've heard several people just back up the images on there computer somewhere and just overright the actual images on the phone and it runs 10x faster.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    What if we use Winterboard strictly for html files only and overwrite the images on the iphone without using Winterboard?

Would that speed this thing up? I've heard several people just back up the images on there computer somewhere and just overright the actual images on the phone and it runs 10x faster.
    This is a very good question and one that i have been tryng to figure out for some time now. Could one of the experts on this forum please give a definitive answer. I'v hear a lot of speculation, but no real fact.

Also Ice9812. I think there are a lot of noobs (myself included) that really like this theme, and can do basic sshing, but are afraid to make any mods beyond swapping png's. could you possibly either post your (faster, efficient) widget theme (preferably by itself, not including the whole per7ection theme so we can break it down easier) or post a step by step walkthrough. It would be much appreciated.

And Ebl... what can i say man, u really go above and beyond on these. keep up the good work.

Wait, do you not need live clock for this theme to work?? has ebl made his own live clock program and put it in the theme??
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-11 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xcdogx View Post
    Any chance you can just upload your whole theme. I want to combine the stuff as well to speed up the phone, but I am unsure how to go about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post

Also Ice9812. I think there are a lot of noobs (myself included) that really like this theme, and can do basic sshing, but are afraid to make any mods beyond swapping png's. could you possibly either post your (faster, efficient) widget theme (preferably by itself, not including the whole per7ection theme so we can break it down easier) or post a step by step walkthrough. It would be much appreciated.
    Sure
    ill let you know what i did and you can take out or add what you want..

ive noticed in the past if you pack the UIImages and the keyboard images into the .artwork files and load them on that way ...it helps some apps load faster...
    and also the less theme folders you have in winterboard active or inactive the more responsive the phone is.....

ill post a zip folder ....

heres a pic of my winterboard open so you can see my two theme folders:

Inside the windows Per7ection folder:
    1: i moved the slideshow widget.html and images
    2:i also edit the image.png to load the background of the calendar
    3:i have the wallpaper.html that runs the wallpaper rotation
    and wallpaper folder that has the wallpapers inside it

Inside the Win7 WeatherCal folder:
    1:i have the widget.html that has the weather/Calendar/Digital clock in one along with the private folder you need for you weather information

i do not use the analog clock so i did not work on combining that with any other html....i use the clock icon that was provided from ebl and place that in the first row above the weather so it looks like a clock there....

if someone does not want the digital clock i can upload a .html without the digital clock only the weather/calendar combo..

so if you want to use it this way

Step 1:
    download Combo.zip and open below

Step2:
    delete all the folders except for the Windows Per7section for this theme

Step 3:
    add the Win7 WeatherCal folder i provided and edit for you current weather location

Step 4:
    add the files from the Windows Per7ection folder i provided to yours...
    Step 4a:
    ONLY add the wallpaper folder and wallpaper.html to the Windows Per7ection if you want rotating wallpaper and delete any wallpaper.png if you use the rotation
    Step 4b:
    if you dont want the rotating wallpaper add a wallpaper.png of your choice
    Step 5:
    Respring

DO NOT REPLACE THE WHOLE WINDOWS PER7ECTION FOLDER ONLY THE FILES INSIDE IT

i donot use any of the Lockbackground.html or lock screen so you will have to add the Lockbackground.html to the weather folder if you use it

I have not tried this with the analog clock so im not sure of any other adjustments that might be need to have the anolog clock with using the theme this way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Nice job man.. it does work now! The only thing that looks weird is those forward slashes in the upper left hand corner.. any clue how to remove them? See my screenshot attached.. it's also in your screenshot too.
    yea... im going to look into this tonight.

First of all Ice, that was one of the most helpful/explanatory reply i have ever gotten (clarified several winterboard issues and concepts i have been struggling with).

Thank you very much.

I would like to use this without the digital clock tho, if its not too much trouble, i would really appreciate it.

Also, I'm on the fence about the analog clock, can we get some posts about peoples impressions on that (ie strain on batter, proccesor speed. etc.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

To the people that are having problems with the theme slowing down your phone, This theme contains Clock, Weather, Calendar and photos streaming in real time. That is the reason. All you have to do is uncheck the clock,weather,calendar and photo sidebar in winterboard and it will run much faster without the widgets, BUT i created icons so it still looks like you have a sidebar.....sorry i havnt been on this thread alot, i been hard at work on Vista.

What are you doing with vista?? if u get a chance, can u take a look at the VMP mods thread, and see if u have already, or are working on anything there?

VMP Mods - Page 14 - iPod touch Fans forum

hey i have a question.. my calender's date is a little messed up.like the calendar in the sidebar shows the date to b the 10th of feb while today is the 11th of feb. but my main calendar's date is fine. any ideas???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirulzz View Post
    hey i have a question.. my calender's date is a little messed up.like the calendar in the sidebar shows the date to b the 10th of feb while today is the 11th of feb. but my main calendar's date is fine. any ideas???
    respring

Sure
    ill let you know what i did and you can take out or add what you want..

ive noticed in the past if you pack the UIImages and the keyboard images into the .artwork files and load them on that way ...it helps some apps load faster...
    and also the less theme folders you have in winterboard active or inactive the more responsive the phone is.....

ill post a zip folder ....

heres a pic of my winterboard open so you can see my two theme folders:

Inside the windows Per7ection folder:
    1: i moved the slideshow widget.html and images
    2:i also edit the image.png to load the background of the calendar
    3:i have the wallpaper.html that runs the wallpaper rotation
    and wallpaper folder that has the wallpapers inside it

Inside the Win7 WeatherCal folder:
    1:i have the widget.html that has the weather/Calendar/Digital clock in one along with the private folder you need for you weather information

i do not use the analog clock so i did not work on combining that with any other html....i use the clock icon that was provided from ebl and place that in the first row above the weather so it looks like a clock there....

if someone does not want the digital clock i can upload a .html without the digital clock only the weather/calendar combo..

so if you want to use it this way

Step 1:
    download Combo.zip and open below

Step2:
    delete all the folders except for the Windows Per7section for this theme

Step 3:
    add the Win7 WeatherCal folder i provided and edit for you current weather location

Step 4:
    add the files from the Windows Per7ection folder i provided to yours...
    Step 4a:
    ONLY add the wallpaper folder and wallpaper.html to the Windows Per7ection if you want rotating wallpaper and delete any wallpaper.png if you use the rotation
    Step 4b:
    if you dont want the rotating wallpaper add a wallpaper.png of your choice
    Step 5:
    Respring

DO NOT REPLACE THE WHOLE WINDOWS PER7ECTION FOLDER ONLY THE FILES INSIDE IT

i donot use any of the Lockbackground.html or lock screen so you will have to add the Lockbackground.html to the weather folder if you use it

I have not tried this with the analog clock so im not sure of any other adjustments that might be need to have the anolog clock with using the theme this way
    in your picture how did you get a blue battery? and where did you get the swirly wifi?

also when you were talking about combining stuff to make your iphone faster... can you just put all the folders into the windows 7 folder? to make it faster? becuz i don't want to lose my clock or claneder or picture slideshow or weather.

EDIT: I tryed to combine the folders but all the widgets were lost.

EDIT AGAIN: I found out what you did... you combined the weather with calender and clock with picture...
    Last edited by mashimarowu; 2009-02-12 at 01:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Ebl, I have a Digital Clock icon but I have no idea on what to edit in the widget.html to make the clock show up digital instead of analogue. Here is an example of the clock I wish to use.

Hi

i love this theme but it was slowing down my phone so i made some changes and combined some codes to make my phone run a little faster..

First i elimated the analog clock and combined the weather and calendar and added a digital clock to that .html

than i added the little photo slideshow into the windowPer7ection folder and edited the image to load the background of the calendar..

So basically i have the theme running in only 2 folders with just 2 .html codes instead of 4 ..but i dont use the analog clock so if yuo like that than my setup wouldnt work for you..

i also have the wallpaper rotation running with this theme...

it helped with speeding up my phone...
    how did you change the font? and what font did you use for your digital clock and stuff?
    in your picture how did you get a blue battery? and where did you get the swirly wifi?
    Last edited by mashimarowu; 2009-02-12 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    this zip folder has ur wallpaper u want and a bunch more
    i download your FILE, but some how i could not open it ?
    can you tell me why ? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by romo View Post
    i download your FILE, but some how i could not open it ?
    can you tell me why ? thanks.
    you can't open the folder right?
    ok go search on google for WinRAR. it is a application that will help you zip folders and open them. it is very useful since lots of people zip folders to .rar

so go download that app then open my folder and extract it to your desktop.

please give a thanks if it helped

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you much. I ll try now

Quote Originally Posted by romo View Post
    Thank you much. I ll try now
    if it works
    give a THANKS

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mashimarowu For This Useful Post:

romo (2009-02-12)

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast