Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ** RELEASE ** Windows Per7ection

Thanks

OMG! You have really outdone yourself this time! Nice work!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    That's the calendar that ebl released. There is a fix for it to auto update. I posted a link to it a few pages. It was posted by bacman in the osx addon thread. But I don't use it I just do a respring

Thank you but I was thinking about something

If I take out the clock widget, the calendar widget and the slideshow widget. All that is left is the weather widget

So I can still make a sidebar back ground to load with it so everything is place properly with transparent icons over there so they still open the right apps and have it as it's own theme in Wb if that's what you want?

Im not talking about blank apps I'm talking about transparent icons

Correct me if I'm wrong are we still on the same page?

I'll post the two options tomm for you
    so all i do is respring?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

another great theme!
    i may just have to give this one a shot while im waiting for Vista 4.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    so all i do is respring?
    yes just respring. I didn't change any of his code I just combined some together
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

AllSystemGo (2009-02-18), leram84 (2009-02-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

yes just respring. I didn't change any of his code I just combined some together
    Can we get a screenshot please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Can we get a screenshot please?
    sure what would you like a screenshot of?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-18)

Thank you ICE for your answer on my post. I only have 2 more questions for you. You won't be able to help me probably but you seem to know alot so here it goes!

1. Were could I post my clock request ??
    2. I can't seem to be able to add the Video, cause I have an Ipod Touch, in on of my category. When I try to add it I don't see the icon to be added, but when I'm on my main screen I see the icon.
    3. I saw you talking about having only one folder for the theme, how can I accomplish that??? Do the fact that you put everything under one folder save battery?

Thank you again for your help it's greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by AllSystemGo View Post
    Thank you ICE for your answer on my post. I only have 2 more questions for you. You won't be able to help me probably but you seem to know alot so here it goes!

1. Were could I post my clock request ??
    2. I can't seem to be able to add the Video, cause I have an Ipod Touch, in on of my category. When I try to add it I don't see the icon to be added, but when I'm on my main screen I see the icon.
    3. I saw you talking about having only one folder for the theme, how can I accomplish that??? Do the fact that you put everything under one folder save battery?

Thank you again for your help it's greatly appreciated!
    umm its not 1 folder. its 2. go to the pg. 11 I think and you should find how to do it

what kind of clock request are you thinking of? like changing clock faces? you can make a new thread and ask someone to help you do it

Quote Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
    To make icon description invisible:

Go to info.plst

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace; font-size: 13px;*/ color: transparent</string>

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>

Basically make undocked icon label from white-->transparent
    Hope this helps.

As for the weather/calendar/clock, as far as I know, they cant be "live" if they are just icons. Sure, you can make icons that look like those widgets, but they would be just that- icons with pictures that don't change- that would defeat the purpose, I think.

I'm pretty much a noob myself, and I dont find anything particularly difficult with using blank icons. Especially helpful is "iBlank" an app from Cydia that makes blank icons for you, and you can keep on making them. These are "visible" blank icons that appear when you move your apps, so they're a lot less difficult to use than the completely invisible blanks for which you have to keep tapping random places to find....
    i can seperate the widgets from the theme and put them in a seperate folder and make transparent icons for you and you can activate them seperate ....and it will work just like your looking to do

i can take out the clock widget for you and you can use liveclock app and just place it up the top

i can take out the calendar widget and have that orange background there for the just the date

i can change the pic to whatever on you want just let me know which one

and i figured you would use that RPM icon as an icon i just pasted in to show you what it looks like...

i can resize it to be a little smaller and cheat it up a little in the springboard so its not on the dock

i dont have the repo for the 5row mod if you ahve the actual address ill try it for you

i will do it tomm for you and post a screen shot and we will see whatelse you want done...but i know now what you want to do and its easy to setup for you

no its not
    That's the calendar that ebl released. There is a fix for it to auto update. I posted a link to it a few pages. It was posted by bacman in the osx addon thread. But I don't use it I just do a respring

Thank you but I was thinking about something

If I take out the clock widget, the calendar widget and the slideshow widget. All that is left is the weather widget

So I can still make a sidebar back ground to load with it so everything is place properly with transparent icons over there so they still open the right apps and have it as it's own theme in Wb if that's what you want?

Im not talking about blank apps I'm talking about transparent icons

Correct me if I'm wrong are we still on the same page?

I'll post the two options tomm for you

Ok, were to begin.
    First of all, DonMoosavi. I think your misunderstanding what Iím talking about (at least I hope its just you, lol) but what I was talking about with the removing of icon labels, was removing them for one specific icon, not all of them. The plst that u posted was one of the default themes that comes w/ WB. And as for the blank icons, thatís not what I meant either, lol. I was talking about TRANSPERANT icons that will be used for whatever app people want to open when clicking on the various widgets,and that will require custom sshing. Not the iblank that just loads spacer apps. Hopefully this clears that up, but if its not, let me know.

Ice, I think we are on the same page, but if any of what I just said is news to u, let me know.
    Yes, I want all the widgets to go, except the weather one. However the weather app should be the only app with an invisible icon. The icon for the clock should be the clock that I posted with no hands (and like I said if u can edit out the top bar that would be great too), the calendar icon should be the orange icon that I posted, the photos should be the photo icon I posted, and the settings icon should be the rpm icon that I posted (maybe rotated slightly).
    Again, the reason I am favoring the icons be spaced out in this manner as appose to posting all the widgets (working and static) to the wallpaper, is because as I said earlier, that would get somewhat confusing to others, but more importantly, because the images will all stay when scrolling through ur screens on the SB. Personally, neither of these issues bother me because I have no problem sshing blank icons, and I only have one SB screen, so if its not any harder to do it my way, it would be preferred, but ill leave that up to you.

Oh, and if it is possible to make a plist that makes the label of one specific app invisible, please let me know the command. Thanks again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

sure what would you like a screenshot of?
    Your finihed product?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post

Ice, I think we are on the same page, but if any of what I just said is news to u, let me know.
    Yes, I want all the widgets to go, except the weather one. However the weather app should be the only app with an invisible icon. The icon for the clock should be the clock that I posted with no hands (and like I said if u can edit out the top bar that would be great too), the calendar icon should be the orange icon that I posted, the photos should be the photo icon I posted, and the settings icon should be the rpm icon that I posted (maybe rotated slightly).
    Again, the reason I am favoring the icons be spaced out in this manner as appose to posting all the widgets (working and static) to the wallpaper, is because as I said earlier, that would get somewhat confusing to others, but more importantly, because the images will all stay when scrolling through ur screens on the SB. Personally, neither of these issues bother me because I have no problem sshing blank icons, and I only have one SB screen, so if its not any harder to do it my way, it would be preferred, but ill leave that up to you.

Oh, and if it is possible to make a plist that makes the label of one specific app invisible, please let me know the command. Thanks again.
    leram,

ok here you go the first pic is of just the theme no widgets all icons...there is no running widgets and the second pic shows wb open for that

the third pic is of the Live clock, weather widget with a blank icon over it, the calendar icon the way you want and the photo icon the way you want...and your rpm icon down bottom....if this is what you want i will post a link for you to dl i will save the rpm icon as rpm and you can change the name to whatever you want to use it as

i can also space them out different if you want just let me know...the only icon that cant move is the live clock background b/c the hands need to be in the middle...

the forth pic is of wb with the two folders highlighted

let me know if this is what your looking for

i can also set it up to have a wallpaper rotation in the widget folder...i have my setup with all the widgets and a 10 wallpaper rotation...it works nice

i just saw you post i can edit the clock to have that background if you want

also about the lable names...im not sure if winterboard supports this file but if you go to
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/English.lproj

and open:
    LocalizedApplicationNames.string
    and change the names of the apps you dont want to have lables to:
    for example:
    <key>com.apple.weather</key>
    <string>Weather</string>
    to:
    <string> </string>

make sure you put a space i would think that the weather app name now would be blank..i know there is a program that does it for you from cydia ...or amybe winterboard supports this file and you would be able to do it with that...im not sure but ill try it when i get back i have to run out but ill keep you updated on that and let me know of any chanegs you can see from those pics

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>com.apple.AppStore</key>
    	<string>App Store</string>
    	<key>com.apple.Maps</key>
    	<string>Maps</string>
    	<key>com.apple.MobileAddressBook</key>
    	<string>Contacts</string>
    	<key>com.apple.MobileSMS</key>
    	<string>Text</string>
    	<key>com.apple.MobileStore</key>
    	<string>iTunes</string>
    	<key>com.apple.Preferences</key>
    	<string>Settings</string>
    	<key>com.apple.calculator</key>
    	<string>Calculator</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobile.radio</key>
    	<string>Radio</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobilecal</key>
    	<string>Calendar</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobileipod</key>
    	<string>iPod</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobileipod-Movie</key>
    	<string>Videos</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobilemail</key>
    	<string>Mail</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobilenotes</key>
    	<string>Notes</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobilephone</key>
    	<string>Phone</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobilesafari</key>
    	<string>Safari</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Camera</key>
    	<string>Camera</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos</key>
    	<string>Photos</string>
    	<key>com.apple.mobiletimer</key>
    	<string>Clock</string>
    	<key>com.apple.purple.KeyboardDemo</key>
    	<string>Keyboard</string>
    	<key>com.apple.stocks</key>
    	<string>Stocks</string>
    	<key>com.apple.unitconverter</key>
    	<string>Converter</string>
    	<string>Weather</string>
    	<key>com.apple.widget.phonebook</key>
    	<string>Business</string>
    	<key>com.apple.widget.translation</key>
    	<string>Translator</string>
    	<key>com.apple.youtube</key>
    	<string>YouTube</string>
    </dict>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0024.png   -img_0023.png   -img_0021.png   -img_0022.png  
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2009-02-18 at 08:44 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Your finihed product?
    what im posting now is what im working on for leram...but ill post something i started working on for this later...after i added the 5row springboard thanks to leram..it gave me an idea...nothin much i want to try something and see how it looks...ill keep you posted

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-18)

Ok, were to begin.
    First of all, DonMoosavi. I think your misunderstanding what I’m talking about (at least I hope its just you, lol) but what I was talking about with the removing of icon labels, was removing them for one specific icon, not all of them. The plst that u posted was one of the default themes that comes w/ WB. And as for the blank icons, that’s not what I meant either, lol. I was talking about TRANSPERANT icons that will be used for whatever app people want to open when clicking on the various widgets,and that will require custom sshing. Not the iblank that just loads spacer apps. Hopefully this clears that up, but if its not, let me know.

attached blank icon for anyone who doesnt have PS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-18 at 09:05 PM.

where is the time for when in a call? how can i make it show?

Jesus Ice WTF?!?!?! haha. i guess "helpful" was a bit of an understatement, lol. That is some seriuosly good work buddy.

The only thing that i would really appreciate changed would be to use the vista clock that i posted (without the <>+ thing) And if u do that, could u also position it down like a milimeter cause im using a status bar, and the current position of the clock would run over that. But other than that, id say it really is "perfection" lol.

As for the .string stuff, i was thinking, that if winterboard does support modding them (and i read on saurik's page that it does to some extent) I would rather use a command that makes the labels transperent, not renames them. The reason is becaue i have over 40 blank apps, and they all have different number of spaces, and it is getting unmanagable, and categories is waaaaaayyyyyyyy to glichy to try to remove any. So i would like to stay away from " " named apps. Here is what saurik posted on his site:

Theming .strings Localization Files
    When a program needs to support multiple languages, what it does is it constructs multiple folders in its bundle of the form <language>.lproj. Inside of these folders it has .strings files, which are serialized property lists (which, in turn, can be in one of a number of different formats). These .strings files are called "tables" and map from "keys" to localized strings.

As an example, SpringBoard.app has a folder English.lproj, which contains a file SpringBoard.strings, which maps the key "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" to the value "slide to unlock". This string is what is displayed on the main lock screen under the slider.

This file is stored in the binary version of the property list format, but you can convert it by first installing Erica's Utilities from Cydia and then running plutil -c xml1 on the file (I'd recommend doing this to a copy so you aren't changing your original).

If you'd like to change this text you can mirror that same structure in your theme under Folders/SpringBoard.app/. Inside your SpringBoard.strings you will want to map just that one string to a different value. The simplest format you can use is the string table format, which looks like this:

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "slide to saurik";

A quick note on the naming of a language: it used to be that, if you wanted English, you used English.lproj. This naming scheme was used for a few more languages until it became obvious that it didn't scale, at which point the localization system switched to using ISO country codes. The software on the iPhone, though, continues to use the older names for its .lproj folders.

However, I actually haven't figured out yet how to get these old names, so I don't support them. If you want to theme something in English you will need to use en.lproj, not English.lproj, even if the original folder on disk was using the older name.

But im not sure this applies to icon labels. Let me know if u have any luck.

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcraven8081 View Post
    where is the time for when in a call? how can i make it show?
    That's a good question, actually, not just the time, but i have noticed another weird thing lately, and i have no idea what in the theme is causing it (my best guesse is that it is the contents of the com.apple.AddressBookUI folder, but im not really sure). And that is that it makes it so that when im speaking with a contact who i have a picture for, some of them it will make that picture the whole background, and some of them it will make the picture a small thumbnail size image in the top right corner with the lockscreen background as the main background.

And while im on the subject, there are a few mods i was wondering if anyone knew how to do
    1.) Is it possible to have a different deffault image show when on a call than the lockscreen background?
    2.) Is there a way to remove the bar behind the large red "END CALL" button that shows when on a call?
    3.) Is there a way to remove the bar behind all the options in the center of the call screen?

Oh, i forgot one thing. Ice - When u dl liveclock, it comes with the theme to turn off the seconds hand. Would u mind adding this command to the plist that ur making for me? Thanks.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>enabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>update-interval</key>
    <real>15</real>
    <key>layout</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>type</key>
    <string>hand</string>
    <key>source</key>
    <string>hour</string>
    <key>color</key>
    <array>
    <real>0</real><real>0</real><real>0</real><real>1</real>
    </array>
    <key>origin</key>
    <array>
    <real>28.5</real><real>28.5</real>
    </array>
    <key>points</key>
    <array>
    <real>0.0</real><real>-12</real>
    <real>2.5</real><real>0.0</real>
    <real>-2.5</real><real>0.0</real>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>type</key>
    <string>hand</string>
    <key>source</key>
    <string>minute</string>
    <key>color</key>
    <array>
    <real>0.0</real><real>0.0</real><real>0.0</real><real>1</real>
    </array>
    <key>origin</key>
    <array>
    <real>28.5</real><real>28.5</real>
    </array>
    <key>points</key>
    <array>
    <real>0.0</real><real>-17</real>
    <real>2</real><real>0.0</real>
    <real>-2</real><real>0.0</real>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>type</key>
    <string>ellipse</string>
    <key>color</key>
    <array>
    <real>0.25</real><real>0.25</real><real>0.25</real><real>1</real>
    </array>
    <key>rect</key>
    <array>
    <real>26</real><real>26</real>
    <real>5</real><real>5</real>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-19 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-02-19)

I don't know if it matters taht the formatting didn't take. so here is the file
    Attached Files Attached Files

soory for the quintuple posts, but i am gonna forget this stuff if i don't put it up.

Im having two problems with this picture.

1.) The FST_BG png is won't stretch to the end of the screen and looks weird. (i really doubt this can be fixed, but i figured id give it a shot anyway)
    2.) and this is the real problem im having. the NowPlayingBottomOverlay png (the image that goes behind the play/ff/rewind buttons) won't display.

Anyone else having this issue??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hk.png  

soory for the quintuple posts, but i am gonna forget this stuff if i don't put it up.

Im having two problems with this picture.

1.) The FST_BG png is won't stretch to the end of the screen and looks weird. (i really doubt this can be fixed, but i figured id give it a shot anyway)
    2.) and this is the real problem im having. the NowPlayingBottomOverlay png (the image that goes behind the play/ff/rewind buttons) won't display.

Anyone else having this issue??
    is it named correctly and has .png?

Thanks

Jesus Ice WTF?!?!?! haha. i guess "helpful" was a bit of an understatement, lol. That is some seriuosly good work buddy.

The only thing that i would really appreciate changed would be to use the vista clock that i posted (without the <>+ thing) And if u do that, could u also position it down like a milimeter cause im using a status bar, and the current position of the clock would run over that. But other than that, id say it really is "perfection" lol.

As for the .string stuff, i was thinking, that if winterboard does support modding them (and i read on saurik's page that it does to some extent) I would rather use a command that makes the labels transperent, not renames them. The reason is becaue i have over 40 blank apps, and they all have different number of spaces, and it is getting unmanagable, and categories is waaaaaayyyyyyyy to glichy to try to remove any. So i would like to stay away from " " named apps. Here is what saurik posted on his site:

And while im on the subject, there are a few mods i was wondering if anyone knew how to do
    1.) Is it possible to have a different deffault image show when on a call than the lockscreen background?
    2.) Is there a way to remove the bar behind the large red "END CALL" button that shows when on a call?
    3.) Is there a way to remove the bar behind all the options in the center of the call screen?

Oh, i forgot one thing. Ice - When u dl liveclock, it comes with the theme to turn off the seconds hand. Would u mind adding this command to the plist that ur making for me? Thanks.

No problem I'll edit the clock background and use the no seconds version for you and I'll post it for you tomm

And about the lockscrenn backgound, I never looked into it so I'm not sure but I'm thinking prolly not

The bottom bar can be made transparent so than you will just have the red buttons..its located in TelephonyUI.framework and i think its bottombarbkgnd.png

And as for the background of the incall buttons they are in the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file and i believe they can be changed using winterboard.
    in your theme they would go in Folders/MobilePhone.app
    andthe winterboard names are:
    sixsqbutton_1.png
    sixsqbutton_2.png
    sixsqbutton_3.png
    sixsqbutton_4.png
    sixsqbutton_5.png
    sixsqbutton_6.png
    and when you press them the names are:
    sixsqbuttonsel_1.png
    sixsqbuttonsel_2.png
    sixsqbuttonsel_3.png
    sixsqbuttonsel_4.png
    sixsqbuttonsel_5.png
    sixsqbuttonsel_6.png

So I'll adjust those little things tomm and post the theme setup for you to have it so you can turn the widgets on and off
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2009-02-19 at 03:44 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-19)

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast