Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ** RELEASE ** Windows Per7ection

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    ill help you do this but im not exactly sure what you mean by the positioning

do you mean across the top instead of down the side?

i dont think all these widgets would fit across the top with the 5 rows
    First of all, thanks for all the support Ice. youve helped a ton of people with this.

What i was talking about was the new (came out less than a week ago) five ROW icon app in cydia that allows five rows down (the dock beign the sixth row) not the five collumn spring board. So five widgets down the right side. It actually makes the theme waaaaayyyyy more believable when u add the fifth row of icons, and looks way better.

ill help you do this but im not exactly sure what you mean by the positioning

do you mean across the top instead of down the side?

i dont think all these widgets would fit across the top with the 5 rows
    hey Ice I will be waiting for you on that... are you going to make the cpu live? or not?

If ur talking about the rpm widget thing, that would be an insane waste of battery to run live imo but ill leave that up to the pro's

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    I want my widgets to be set up (spaced correctly) with the five row spring board like:
    1.) clock - to work with the liveclock app (im hearing that this is much faster, and better for the battery than the clock widget)
    2.) weather - stock from this theme (nothing to improve there, just repositioned to fit niceley with the others in the five row setup)
    3.) Calendar - again, just needs to be repositioned
    4.) picture - I don't want this to actually work/change. Just a standard image.
    5) settings - I just want this rpm image to fit in the fifth spot.

Can anyone program this into one efficient theme for me?? I would really appreciate it.

First of all, thanks for all the support Ice. youve helped a ton of people with this.

What i was talking about was the new (came out less than a week ago) five ROW icon app in cydia that allows five rows down (the dock beign the sixth row) not the five collumn spring board. So five widgets down the right side. It actually makes the theme waaaaayyyyy more believable when u add the fifth row of icons, and looks way better.
    ok i see what you want done ...i will help you out with it but i need some info from you:

1:what folder setup are you using?
    ebls 5 folder or the setup i posted above with only 2 folders?

2: you dont want the clock from this theme?
    you want to use live clock app?

3:what image do you want for your photo app?
    also do you want the image to look like the slide show but just not change?

and one last thing i dont use the live clock or the 5th row mod so if you can send me a screenshot showing me the the springboard with the 5 rows and also send me the live clock or link me to where i can get what you want to use...

and i can start working on it today...i dont seeing it being that hard to get going for you...i juat need alittle info from you and youll ahve to work with me and send me screenshots so i can see what to adjust for you

let me know
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres my setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0006.png  
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllSystemGo View Post
    Hi all,

First thank you EBL for the great theme, I can't wait for an update on your Android!

I would like to know if you could:

1. Change the calendar widget to have the orange background with the current date only like the vista widget ?
    2. Is there a way to load the actual iPhone calendar when you click on the calendar widget ?
    3. Could anyone create that clock: http://cdn4.libsyn.com/sellinggeek/p...2a3b45bf86a993

Thank you for the help it's greatly appreciated!
    If you delete the calendar widget from your setup and use the calendar icon ebl provided in the icons folder from the Windows Per7ection folder and then move the calendar app over to that location and it would show todays date that way and then when you clicked on it it would load

or if you want the calendar widget you can place a transparent icon in you icon folder for the calendar app and position it over ther calendar widget and when you press it the calendar opens ..thats the way i do it for the weather calendar photos and clock

and as far as creating that clock im sure someone can do it but i dont know how...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Heres my setup
    Can you please post your C: icon?

Thanks

leram,

Would you want something like this?

remember i dont use the 5th row mod so im only guessing so i can adjust things for you when you get it on your phone..

But here is how i have this setup:

One folder for the whole theme

The analog clock is in there for now...the way its setup up now is nice...the phone is more responsive b/c the picture slideshow is not there...i dont think you would benifit from the Live Clock app

The Photo i have there does not change b/c you said you didnt want that

The Clock, Weather, Calendar and Photos have transparent icons over them so when you click on them they open the app for you

I have the icon labels set to transparent but you can change that if you want and use that rename app from cydia and go that route but i never used it so i cant help you out there

I just pasted that Setting.app icon there to show you what it would look like...let me know if you like it or want it smaller...we can make adjustments to what you like

So its ready for you like this let me know about whatever photo you want to use and i can finish it up for you and if the settings app icon is how you would want it

Heres a screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0020.png  
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2009-02-17 at 09:56 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Can you please post your C: icon?
    here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-02-17), Zehlek (2009-02-18)

ok i see what you want done ...i will help you out with it but i need some info from you:

1:what folder setup are you using?
    ebls 5 folder or the setup i posted above with only 2 folders?

2: you dont want the clock from this theme?
    you want to use live clock app?

3:what image do you want for your photo app?
    also do you want the image to look like the slide show but just not change?

and one last thing i dont use the live clock or the 5th row mod so if you can send me a screenshot showing me the the springboard with the 5 rows and also send me the live clock or link me to where i can get what you want to use...

and i can start working on it today...i dont seeing it being that hard to get going for you...i juat need alittle info from you and youll ahve to work with me and send me screenshots so i can see what to adjust for you

let me know

Ok, well first of all, i guess im kind of busted. Im really trying to steal some more of ebl's hard work, lol.
    I'm actually not really using this theme, im just trying to get the widgets over to the VMP theme.

Basically i want to package all the widgets, (or anything that eats up battery/memory) into one theme, and throw that on top of the rest of the theme (second WB folder) so that while on the go, can just flip the theme off and conserve. So that theme needs to include the live clock, weather widget (same as the one here) and the calendar. I don't want the picture slideshow to work, just the stationary png is fine, and i don't want the rpm widget working either. So:

1.) Right now my wb folders are a mess. but when i am done modding the theme should be in one folder (two if i have to) with the widgets in another folder set up so that if turned off, the second folder will contain static pngs for each of the widgets.

2.) I have heard that the liveclock app runs much faster, eats up less memory, and is waaaayyyyyy easier on the battery, so i would rather use that app than the widget. This will require the hands to be reprogrammed to be centered to the clock. Also if you could remove the top <>+ bar from the clock png i think it would be much better.

3.) I want the standard first image for the photo widget, so no change there. Same as the RPM widget. (although that may need to be slightly rotated to fit)

As for the liveclock app and the five row app, they are too complicated for me to post. I don't even know were the five row app is located in the root, and i get shutdown errors when trying to navigate through the liveclock theme, but if you wouldn't mind dling, they are both very stable apps, and won't do any harm to ur i if u want they are both in cydia, liveclock from ispazio's repo, and FiveIRows in Touch-Mania.

Here are a bunch of screenshots showing various levels of progress, and I have posted anything that might be usefull. Also if you (or anyone) wants to see anymore info or work that we used to get to this point, there is a pretty active vmp mods thread here:
    VMP Mods - Page 19 - iPod touch Fans forum

And one last thing, I also just saw a new mod to the original calendar widget (the one that just says the date with the orange background, not the whole month) that shows the day of the week, the date, the month and the year. If I can get that to work, I think I will rather use that than the whole month, but ill work on that after.

If there is anything else you need let me know, and again, Ice, thank you very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bitesms.png   -clock.jpg   -img_0027.png   -ipod.png   -liveclock.png   -mail.png   -phone.png   -photos.png  

-progress.jpg   -progress2.png   -sbdockbg.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

sorry, i didn't see ur last post before i posted. That setup looks sick.
    I would like to try to make it work with the live clock if possible, (if not, i will probably just go with a static png, just becuase of battery conumption) But don't go crazy over it, if its too much work, ill live, lol.

Also, how do u make the icon description invisible? is there a command for the info.plst?? i have been trying to figure that out for a while. I like that idea way better than renaming.

And i get that the weather/ calendar (and probably the clock too) will all have to be tied into the background, but can't the settins (the rpm widget) and photos just be normal icons? The reason i ask is tha i want to make the theme with as few blank icons as possible, because i am trying to package up a simple noob version of the theme for a lot of poeple that are having trouble with it, and they are gonna have issues with blanks icons. And yes i do see the irony in a noob helping other noobs, but while i can't really program anything, i have been pretty decent at simplifying these more complex themes.

To make icon description invisible:

Go to info.plst

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace; font-size: 13px;*/ color: transparent</string>

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>

Basically make undocked icon label from white-->transparent
    Hope this helps.

As for the weather/calendar/clock, as far as I know, they cant be "live" if they are just icons. Sure, you can make icons that look like those widgets, but they would be just that- icons with pictures that don't change- that would defeat the purpose, I think.

I'm pretty much a noob myself, and I dont find anything particularly difficult with using blank icons. Especially helpful is "iBlank" an app from Cydia that makes blank icons for you, and you can keep on making them. These are "visible" blank icons that appear when you move your apps, so they're a lot less difficult to use than the completely invisible blanks for which you have to keep tapping random places to find....

leram,

Would you want something like this?

remember i dont use the 5th row mod so im only guessing so i can adjust things for you when you get it on your phone..

But here is how i have this setup:

One folder for the whole theme

The analog clock is in there for now...the way its setup up now is nice...the phone is more responsive b/c the picture slideshow is not there...i dont think you would benifit from the Live Clock app

The Photo i have there does not change b/c you said you didnt want that

The Clock, Weather, Calendar and Photos have transparent icons over them so when you click on them they open the app for you

I have the icon labels set to transparent but you can change that if you want and use that rename app from cydia and go that route but i never used it so i cant help you out there

I just pasted that Setting.app icon there to show you what it would look like...let me know if you like it or want it smaller...we can make adjustments to what you like

So its ready for you like this let me know about whatever photo you want to use and i can finish it up for you and if the settings app icon is how you would want it

Heres a screenshot
    looks good but is it going to be live cpu? or not?

hey it seems like u figureed a way to change the face over the clock right? howed you do it?
    Last edited by mashimarowu; 2009-02-18 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Actually this one was easy, I had another one that used the same type of images. I just overwrote the ones I had and got rid of the grey background

Thanks

Ok, well first of all, i guess im kind of busted. Im really trying to steal some more of ebl's hard work, lol.
    I'm actually not really using this theme, im just trying to get the widgets over to the VMP theme.
    sorry, i didn't see ur last post before i posted. That setup looks sick.
    I would like to try to make it work with the live clock if possible, (if not, i will probably just go with a static png, just becuase of battery conumption) But don't go crazy over it, if its too much work, ill live, lol.

Also, how do u make the icon description invisible? is there a command for the info.plst?? i have been trying to figure that out for a while. I like that idea way better than renaming.

And i get that the weather/ calendar (and probably the clock too) will all have to be tied into the background, but can't the settins (the rpm widget) and photos just be normal icons? The reason i ask is tha i want to make the theme with as few blank icons as possible, because i am trying to package up a simple noob version of the theme for a lot of poeple that are having trouble with it, and they are gonna have issues with blanks icons. And yes i do see the irony in a noob helping other noobs, but while i can't really program anything, i have been pretty decent at simplifying these more complex themes.
    i can seperate the widgets from the theme and put them in a seperate folder and make transparent icons for you and you can activate them seperate ....and it will work just like your looking to do

i can take out the clock widget for you and you can use liveclock app and just place it up the top

i can take out the calendar widget and have that orange background there for the just the date

i can change the pic to whatever on you want just let me know which one

and i figured you would use that RPM icon as an icon i just pasted in to show you what it looks like...

i can resize it to be a little smaller and cheat it up a little in the springboard so its not on the dock

i dont have the repo for the 5row mod if you ahve the actual address ill try it for you

i will do it tomm for you and post a screen shot and we will see whatelse you want done...but i know now what you want to do and its easy to setup for you

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    looks good but is it going to be live cpu? or not?
    no its not
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2009-02-18 at 02:41 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-18)

Actually this one was easy, I had another one that used the same type of images. I just overwrote the ones I had and got rid of the grey background
    do u think you can get something for simple... the one u have is kinda bulky looking... maybe like without the bars betweek hours and miniutes. I want something with numbers then a rectangle around it... and like neon blue or green

to ice:

I'm using ur format of 2 folders but my calender is off... how do I fix it?
    its like off by a day
    Last edited by mashimarowu; 2009-02-18 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Out right now, will work on this tom. but touch-mania is community source in cydia.

Thanks

do u think you can get something for simple... the one u have is kinda bulky looking... maybe like without the bars betweek hours and miniutes. I want something with numbers then a rectangle around it... and like neon blue or green
    That's what I want also, but I unfortunately don't know how to get it to work

Thanks

to ice:

I'm using ur format of 2 folders but my calender is off... how do I fix it?
    its like off by a day
    That's the calendar that ebl released. There is a fix for it to auto update. I posted a link to it a few pages. It was posted by bacman in the osx addon thread. But I don't use it I just do a respring

Out right now, will work on this tom. but touch-mania is community source in cydia.
    Thank you but I was thinking about something

If I take out the clock widget, the calendar widget and the slideshow widget. All that is left is the weather widget

So I can still make a sidebar back ground to load with it so everything is place properly with transparent icons over there so they still open the right apps and have it as it's own theme in Wb if that's what you want?

Im not talking about blank apps I'm talking about transparent icons

Correct me if I'm wrong are we still on the same page?

I'll post the two options tomm for you

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

leram84 (2009-02-18)

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast