Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UPDATE] Shining INSPIRATION

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    This is just my honest opinion.. and its not because i made a dialer too. But i really dont feel that the dialer mesh's very well with the rest of your theme.. The rest of your theme is really shinny and pops while the dialer doesnt have the pop the rest of the theme has..

I only say this for constructive criticism and again thats only one opinion..
    I NEED you guys' opinions on this....How does this one look?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post
    Awesome. Can you post your LATEST zip folder with everything that's updated in it? I'm having trouble following the thread with all the posts in it now lol and I want to get it updated.
    I will collect everything together here in a bit, give me a few...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    I NEED you guys' opinions on this....How does this one look?

I will collect everything together here in a bit, give me a few...
    Dialer looks good. speaking of which, can you take the GTA 4 loading screen off the phone lol. It was highly over rated

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post
    Dialer looks good. speaking of which, can you take the GTA 4 loading screen off the phone lol. It was highly over rated
    Yep its gone...Ill pack something new...

iPhone? More like MyPhone uglyboygq's Avatar
    Thanks

You seemed to be on the right path with the new dialer. No offense to suby's good work, but your new dialer is more of a match to this theme. Suby's was too pastel or had a dull powder look that was opposite of the shiny inspiration look. This one has more of shine and matching blue. The add button image, imo, throws it off though. It's as if the image is out of place with the rest of the dialer. You can try to add anther image to the other side (the delete button) to balance it out. Or you can just remove the add pic and just replace it with "add". Try replacing the call button image with an all white phone instead of blue with white trim.
    Don't take life so serious...no one comes out alive anyways.

Default for phone will this work?? I cant tell what I like and dislike anymore, I stare at this thing day in and out and it is hard for me to pick up on what looks good. I am doing my best, I will see what I can do about the bottom row of the dialer...

The updayed--from my phone package is coming soon, just tweaking a few more things....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-3-.jpg   -default.png  
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-08 at 03:14 AM.

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tweaked the glow on the Dock and the Wallpaper, I think I have it just where I want it...

Sweet....I like the little weather, looks like the infamous Katra's icons....Mind sharing with the gang?
    I really like the new dialer- it shines more than the other one. As for the weather, it is the live weather icon mod from cydia, and I just replaced the icon with a transparent one. The thing was that I had to go into WeatherIcon.theme, and create a folder called Icons. Then, in that folder, I took a blank webclip and named it Weather.png. After I respringed the phone, I just moved the icon to the upper right hand side of the first springboard screen.

The new phone default looks sweet. Any way we could get a royal blue status battery?
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 2009-02-08 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Added comment and request.

Default Updated....
    Link to latest updated theme..If anyone wants a custom LockBackround let me know...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1.jpeg   -2.jpeg   -3.jpeg   -4.jpeg  

Thanks

Link to latest updated theme..If anyone wants a custom LockBackround let me know...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    The theme looks great. I only have one question. On the dialer, on the 7 it says pqrs , and the 8 has stuv. Shouldn't it just be tuv on the 8?

And, if you are taking requests for lockscreens, I would love a larger version of my carrier logo centered in royal blue. That would be amazing.

Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 2009-02-08 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added attachment

Quote Originally Posted by pierrechampoux View Post
    The theme looks great. I only have one question. On the dialer, on the 7 it says pqrs , and the 8 has stuv. Shouldn't it just be tuv on the 8?

And, if you are taking requests for lockscreens, I would love a larger version of my carrier logo centered in royal blue. That would be amazing.

Thanks again!
    Nice find!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lockbackgroundstarr.png   -dialerkeypad.png  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Andis Jackson (2009-02-08)

Thanks

Nice find!!
    For some reason, I can't get the lockscreen or dialer files to open in a new window in the correct size so I can save them. Could you try uploading them again? Maybe as jpgs?

Thanks again- can't wait to get these on my phone!
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 2009-02-08 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added more detail

For some reason, I can't get the lockscreen or dialer files to open in a new window in the correct size so I can save them. Could you try uploading them again? Maybe as jpgs?

Thanks again- can't wait to get these on my phone!
    here you go....

I am currently working on a matching calculator!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Andis Jackson (2009-02-08)

Quote Originally Posted by uglyboygq View Post
    You seemed to be on the right path with the new dialer. No offense to suby's good work, but your new dialer is more of a match to this theme. Suby's was too pastel or had a dull powder look that was opposite of the shiny inspiration look. This one has more of shine and matching blue. The add button image, imo, throws it off though. It's as if the image is out of place with the rest of the dialer. You can try to add anther image to the other side (the delete button) to balance it out. Or you can just remove the add pic and just replace it with "add". Try replacing the call button image with an all white phone instead of blue with white trim.
    I made the dialer to go with the set up i was using of his theme.. and in my case it fits perfect. The royal color is nice but to dark of a blue for me so i reverted back to the original shining teal color it went with my set up a little better

on my lap top so dont have my homescreen screen shot..lol so this is the wallpaper im using.. the only thing differnt to mine is that i kind of mixed the carbon fiber behind this so it has a faint carbon fiber look to it.

Thanks again!
    Another custom for STARR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -starr.png  

I made the dialer to go with the set up i was using of his theme.. and in my case it fits perfect. The royal color is nice but to dark of a blue for me so i reverted back to the original shining teal color it went with my set up a little better

on my lap top so dont have my homescreen screen shot..lol so this is the wallpaper im using.. the only thing differnt to mine is that i kind of mixed the carbon fiber behind this so it has a faint carbon fiber look to it.

I think you did a good job on your setup, I moved off of the Original setup shortly after I posted it...Sorry for that. Once I finish up on this royal kick that I'm on I will be back to do the mods with the teal.... Accually now that I look at that original folder, I think I may go back to it and get it up sto speed with the blue....Stay posted...

First thing done, LockBackground....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lockbackground.png  
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-08 at 06:40 PM.

this is way of subject, but just saw ebl released windows per7ection.. wow.. just when i think im doing some good work that guy comes out with something that blows my mind.. Probably wont use his theme cause im a big apple fan so dont really want my phone to look to much like windows.. but i would like to learn that guys ways!!! lol

ok im done back to subject at hand.. thanks for the ups on my setup.. and good fix on the dialer bars.. it pops a lot more now

this is way of subject, but just saw ebl released windows per7ection.. wow.. just when i think im doing some good work that guy comes out with something that blows my mind.. Probably wont use his theme cause im a big apple fan so dont really want my phone to look to much like windows.. but i would like to learn that guys ways!!! lol

ok im done back to subject at hand.. thanks for the ups on my setup.. and good fix on the dialer bars.. it pops a lot more now
    Thnaks Bro, I watch 7 come out last night...It is very nice, but I am with you, NO WINDOWS on my APPLE!! lol I dont mind some windows hints like you may see in inspiration but not the whole revert...

Working on Original inspiration!! Cricket will be happy...

agreed.. thats what drew me to your theme was because its prob the nices non replica theme out there.

Waht kind of burnt me out on perfect storm was the fact that yeah it looked like a storm, but there are some functions of the storm that the iphone just doesnt do right now.

I just like clean non cluttered themes and this fits the bill.. great job

On a nother note, pm me if your interested in this.. but once you get some stuff starting to finish up, im down for a suby/bars theme tailored around the skinning i have been doing.. just have no idea how i would like to do the main gui. So if you have any other ideas on the back burner let me know via pm of course so we dont get off topic on your theme.

But first is first.. FINISH YOUR ORIGINAL THEME..lol.. i laugh cause it was kinda my input that got you started on a different color...

Thanks

Another custom for STARR
    Could you zip this one too? Anyone know why I can't download these? I'm using my mac, and it doesn't work using safari or mozilla. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT- nevermind- I figured it out.
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 2009-02-08 at 07:05 PM.

black outlined icons on this would be sick

Default mikey
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydooodie View Post
    black outlined icons on this would be sick
    like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpaper7.png  

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast