Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UPDATE] Shining INSPIRATION

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Hey Bar.....

I fixed your preview image you were having issues with.
    YOU F'n Kick A$$!!! ROCK AND ROLL AMIGO!!!!

Oops....Was I supposed to say that

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Oops....Was I supposed to say that
    Yes....yes, you were

Bar.. I think what he is talking about is the skinning i have been doing tailored to your theme. You shouldnt take affence man.. Everyone that makes a theme, will start a thread and there is going to be people adding to it, by showing there screen shots and showing everyone how they took your vision and made it there own.. No one is trying to claim anything. I am not claiming some insparation suby spawn or anything. But some people do like what i have put up, and some people dont.. Im just simply using your theme and thought i would share stuff i am doing.

But i mean if you want i will stop posting in here and completely make my own so you can feel creditable for everything his theme has to offer. Not saying that in a rude way, i just dont want to cause bad feelings.

Look at the perfect storm thread, it was a great thread and people added to it with the weather widgets and everything and made it look like there own.. Even though your making the theme, you have to realize people like there individuality.. I mean, your theme started off a square version of glass orbs, and look what it has turned into..
    Last edited by subywrex; 2009-02-07 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Bar.. I think what he is talking about is the skinning i have been doing tailored to your theme. You shouldnt take affence man.. Everyone that makes a theme, will start a thread and there is going to be people adding to it, by showing there screen shots and showing everyone how they took your vision and made it there own.. No one is trying to claim anything. I am not claiming some insparation suby spawn or anything. But some people do like what i have put up, and some people dont.. Im just simply using your theme and thought i would share stuff i am doing.

But i mean if you want i will stop posting in here and completely make my own so you can feel creditable for everything his theme has to offer. Not saying that in a rude way, i just dont want to cause bad feelings.

Look at the perfect storm thread, it was a great thread and people added to it with the weather widgets and everything and made it look like there own.. Even though your making the theme, you have to realize people like there individuality.. I mean, your theme started off a square version of glass orbs, and look what it has turned into..
    A SQUARE VERSION OF GLASS ORBS!! ROTFLMAO... This is in my opinion and a few other peoples opinions one of the nicer themes created.....And again I appreciate your assistance, and if people want to grab up your artwork then then can hit you up about it. Im just skinning the MOFO to the BEST of my ability. Check the new Screenies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1.jpeg   -2.jpeg   -3.jpeg   -4.jpeg   -5.jpeg  

no need to laugh that hard, it wasnt meant as a dig at your.. If you look at your original inspiration theme, it really started off as a glass orb ish theme, and then you added some windows styling to it. There is nothing wrong with getting inspiration off other people.

And yes i agree this is one of the best themes out there.. why do you think i use it and have started to skin stuff for my own liking off your design.. So there is no question there.

no need to laugh that hard, it wasnt meant as a dig at your.. If you look at your original inspiration theme, it really started off as a glass orb ish theme, and then you added some windows styling to it. There is nothing wrong with getting inspiration off other people.

And yes i agree this is one of the best themes out there.. why do you think i use it and have started to skin stuff for my own liking off your design.. So there is no question there.
    Good, lets keep it at that. keep getting these updates..Let me know if there is any suggestions. We'll get it in. Theme on.

Got the glow back...

When this release to Cydia it will be called Royal. The first 40Mb Winterboard theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-12-.jpg  
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 06:33 AM.

Did anyone update the wallpaper html that was in the first post in the royal link? Just wondering if the time date switched at 12:00. I have been respringing all night.

Who thinks that I need to open an Icon thread?
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 06:51 AM.

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't have to respring for the date to change. BTW, SB settings looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I really hope you are making the full theme of the original shining inspiration. I see all of this going to royal but I'm a fan of the original. I guess I'm kinda asking/begging/hoping updates come out for the original

Quote Originally Posted by pierrechampoux View Post
    Didn't have to respring for the date to change. BTW, SB settings looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Did you get the DL link? I posted the files for it. Thanks for letting me know about the wallpaper.html. Hopefully you got the one that is packaged in the first post at the very bottom. I changed the fixed one to have the larger clock and no AM/PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    I really hope you are making the full theme of the original shining inspiration. I see all of this going to royal but I'm a fan of the original. I guess I'm kinda asking/begging/hoping updates come out for the original
    I can keep that one updated ALSO. It may push back the final cydia release....What are we missing so far, I need some things to work on it...
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I checked the sendspace link, but I didn't see it. Is it in a separate folder?

I checked the sendspace link, but I didn't see it. Is it in a separate folder?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3284571-post180.html

SBSettings skin is in this post with an updated dialer....
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 09:12 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Andis Jackson (2009-02-07)

Thanks

Can't believe I missed that!!

Thanks for pointing that out, Bars.

Oh, and I love the dialer- especially the look when the buttons are pressed.
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 2009-02-07 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added comments re:dialer

Default Dialer
    No comments on the dialer?? Does anyone like it or should I mod it?

This is just my honest opinion.. and its not because i made a dialer too. But i really dont feel that the dialer mesh's very well with the rest of your theme.. The rest of your theme is really shinny and pops while the dialer doesnt have the pop the rest of the theme has..

I only say this for constructive criticism and again thats only one opinion..

This is just my honest opinion.. and its not because i made a dialer too. But i really dont feel that the dialer mesh's very well with the rest of your theme.. The rest of your theme is really shinny and pops while the dialer doesnt have the pop the rest of the theme has..

I only say this for constructive criticism and again thats only one opinion..
    Sweet thanks....back in the lab....

Banned
    Thanks

Everybody still GLOW?? Let me know guys...this will be on cydia, but I want it as close to perfect as we can dream it...

And you do mean the Wallpaper and the dock right?
    Yes that's what I meant. It makes the BLUE pop IMO. Keep it definatly.

Waiting for a final release to update! can't wait.

Thanks

Default Here's What I've Got...
    This is what I've got on my phone. I modded the carrier image, and added my last name.

I changed my mind about the glow. I think it looks better with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0031.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post
    Yes that's what I meant. It makes the BLUE pop IMO. Keep it definatly.

Waiting for a final release to update! can't wait.
    I have tweaked the glow on the Dock and the Wallpaper, I think I have it just where I want it...

This is what I've got on my phone. I modded the carrier image, and added my last name.

I changed my mind about the glow. I think it looks better with it.
    Sweet....I like the little weather, looks like the infamous Katra's icons....Mind sharing with the gang?
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-02-07 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

I have tweaked the glow on the Dock and the Wallpaper, I think I have it just where I want it...

Awesome. Can you post your LATEST zip folder with everything that's updated in it? I'm having trouble following the thread with all the posts in it now lol and I want to get it updated.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast