Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loring Icons on Installer.app

Default Loring Icons on Installer.app
    Hey guys. I did not package my icons for installer.
    I just want you to know I gave it a shot and whomever packaged them has them installing ALL of the icons whether or not you have the apps installed.
    If you click those apps it will freeze your phone.
    I have asked them to remove the icon sets and will try and get the correct format from installer for install to prevent this.
    I have sent installer a message for format and hope to hear back soon =)
    I also and packaging some other wallpaper sets and whatnot for upload and once I get the installer format dialed in I will add Myself as a source.
    So please dont install the current icon sets.
    If you want them get them in the forum or.. wait until I post my own package source and you can download directly from Loring Studios =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

EZO (2007-09-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This rules. Thanx Loring.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yea, I just downloaded from here.. Installer makes a directory and an icon.png for every app, regardless of whether you already had it installed. Installer is awesome for installing other apps, but not the greatest theme switcher..

btw Hey Loring! Do you think you could make Twisted Icons for the following apps (and maybe Square Icons Set):

SMBPrefs (SummerBoard Preferences)
    TTR (Tap Tap Revolution)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DAMMIT! had to restore my phone last night and when i got everything back on i go to redownload the twisted icon set and they've been removed. The iswitcher ones are still there but in the oversized form which make the dock retarded and they're the ones that crash the phone i think cause i never had a problem with the ishapeshifter ones. Crap after 3 weeks i had finally settled on a theme for more than 3 days and now its gone...
    Last edited by a13bfiend; 2007-09-12 at 05:50 PM.

whoever is redoing Lorings theme's in the download section do not download them, when switching themes crashed apps and the displayorder is not correct
    Hit Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

we are trying to figure out how to get installer to recognize if a certain program is not installed to not put the icon in. If anyone knows a preflight script that will do this it would be a great help. I am kinda on a stall on putting up more themes until this is figured out. Any info on this would be awesome.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    we are trying to figure out how to get installer to recognize if a certain program is not installed to not put the icon in. If anyone knows a preflight script that will do this it would be a great help. I am kinda on a stall on putting up more themes until this is figured out. Any info on this would be awesome.
    Thanks
    iSwitcher DOES NOT have this problem. It only installs the icons you have apps for regardless of what icons are included in the theme pak

"by design, since version 0.1..."

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    iSwitcher DOES NOT have this problem. It only installs the icons you have apps for regardless of what icons are included in the theme pak

"by design, since version 0.1..."

Ya thats dope Greg! I wish I knew some programing. I would love to package them myself and host from my site to ease updates for icon sets. Hmm. Your pretty good with installer coding.. What would it take to get you to write me an installer package I can learn for icons? =) wink wink.
    Then I could update and package myself!
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Loring, what about a Wallpaper package on installer? I suppose once greg hooks you up with Installer scripts...