Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: And on we go..

Default And on we go..
    With the release of summerboard and Dock.. Theres really not much need for "custom" skins anymore. More for icons.
    Update
    Ok Guys.. Heres the updated "Twisted Icons" Have fun
    Comes in 3 sizes Full color.

Get them Here > MMI Downloads

-Josh
    pss.. I do have a little something else up my sleeve that I will release later on for you all wanting "different".

Update
    Like the other treads.. Requested Icons I create I will add here instead of re-zipping the download package everytime.
    See attachments below for added Icons.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-09-09 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

unknownentry (2007-09-10)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

that would be sweeeet..thank you. Great work.

I agree with you. With the recent flurry of new native apps, every theme is likely to look awful no matter how nicely it is done. The icons simply have to blend and there needs to be some consistent look and feel to the icons.

I also predict that Dock will not survive in its present form, since there is a limit to the number of apps the rainbow can reasonably handle. I also predict that SummerBoard will not remain as it is. What we need is some type of coverflow mechanism that groups applications into folders that are paged in and out.

So I think that icon themes are the way to go and I am making my contribution with Aqwoah and the new Stone and Precious icon sets. I'm glad to see you making icon sets as well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

love IT KEEP GOING!

i want it! i've been waiting on something like this....i havent been satisfied yet because i can find matching icons for all my apps...thank you loring studios

May I suggest that we open a new section in the forum that concentrates on complete icon themes? There are now at least two complete sets (burnt icons and Aqwoah) that have a full complement and I suspect (at least hope) that we will get more. I will be uploading 7 complete icon themes tomorrow (possibly 14 if I get to it).

Thanks

Your best, IMO! Please upload!

could i request matching icons for a few 3rd party apps?

Installer
    MobileFinder
    MobileRSS
    UIctl
    Mines

I understand you're probably busy, but if you have the time, I know most of these apps are pretty popular around here.
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-09-09 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm I completely disagree, sorry. While we can make complete icon sets for today's iPhone applications. What about tomorrow, two days from now, one week from now? You just know there will be this uber cool, what did we do with out it iPhone application released. So once we install it we'll have 28 of 29 icons all matching and that 29th one standing out like a sore thumb. Then another app will be released, so on and so forth.

I guess I'm just saying unless the icon (theme) providers are willing to continue to support each new app that is released, whether they use that app or not there is no way to keep a 100% matching icon set on your iPhone.

WOW, that just gave me a thought, you 'could' change the default app to a plain, empty icon (that matches your icons set) and then once you install that new app that doesn't match (and you know you will ) you'd simply delete it's icon and then the default one would load.

<shakes head>I'm not digging that, sorry....

Hmmm... I don't see what you completely disagree with, since I don't actually see dissent, unless you advocate to simply stop making custom icons and themes for that matter. What you are saying is of course true. Every new app will come with its own icon and then it's up to the modder to supply a custom icon that matches the theme. I am willing to do that for my themes. I have demonstrated that I'm quite responsive in providing requested icons. Yeah, there will be one or two icons missing, but I'm willing to include blank templates of my icons, so anyone can update the icon theme in case one is missing. I also am happy to take requests for those apps that I don't know about.

Updated more Icons =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

unclear (2007-09-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Updated more Icons =)
    thank you, thank you, thank you!

hey loring can we get

ishare
    dockswap
    ircm
    mobilePreview
    balls
    butterfly

thank you, thank you these icons are sweet.
    i like the twisted style.
    Last edited by 2002ss; 2007-09-11 at 06:12 PM.