Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple, Elegant, iPhone w/Leopard Dock

Smile Simple, Elegant, iPhone w/Leopard Dock
    This isn't really a theme but I thought I should post it. With all this customization there's a lack of... elegance. Almost everything I've seen is tacky and ugly. I missed the simple home screen that came default with the iPhone. I missed the blank space between the 3rd row and the bottom icons. So this is what I came up with.

I replaced the Dashboard-like dock at the bottom with something I photoshoped to look like the Leopard dock, with reflections and everything.

I replaced the Stocks widget with Installer.app for two reasons. One, I didn't use Stocks. Two, that's the row of internet utilities (YouTube, Weather, ect.) so I thoguht it belonged there. I use Dock 2 (via Installer.app) to open up all 3rd party applications.

I didn't want to insult anyone else's theme here, everyone's modding is quite impressive. I'm still shocked how far we've come in hacking the iPhone. I just thought someone should remember that simpler is sometimes better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

I agree with you for the most part. I like custom icons, but I like the gap between the dock and 3rd row. I have gotten caught up in wanting to try every new app that comes out, that my iphone looks so cluttered... But I am not a fan of the dock 2 app, I just think it looks messy and wierd when you are using it... No solution for me as of yet....

Check out my V for Vendetta theme over here. I went with a 5-button dock and added a launcher to launch all my 3rd party apps (including launcher). Now I can keep the clean look of the 3 rows, but keep the functionality of the new apps.

Just an idea..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -launcher.png  

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. I like custom icons, but I like the gap between the dock and 3rd row. I have gotten caught up in wanting to try every new app that comes out, that my iphone looks so cluttered... But I am not a fan of the dock 2 app, I just think it looks messy and wierd when you are using it... No solution for me as of yet....
    I've reverted all my personal iSwitcher themes to this format, the MMi logo is iLauncher, which of course can launch everything else

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:03 PM.

If anyone wants my Leopard-looking dock at the bottom, here's the image. Just replace it with the one in SpringBoard.app titled SBDockBG2.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sbdockbg2.png  
    Last edited by nato64; 2007-09-05 at 06:00 AM. Reason: had to add the SBDockBG2.png part

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nato64 For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-09-06)

Quote Originally Posted by nato64 View Post
    If anyone wants my Leopard-looking dock at the bottom, here's the image. Just replace it with the one in SpringBoard.app titled SBDockBG2.png
    Thanks... and you can do ^ that ^ very easy with iSwitcher

can you supply the .psd of that dock