Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide for Transparent dock labels in 2.1

Default Guide for Transparent dock labels in 2.1
    I couldnt find transparent dock labels for winterboard so I wrote this..

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

1) Set permissions to 755.

2) SSH into your phone to /private/var/stash/themes.xxxxx

xxxx being a random series of letters and numbers..I had two "themes" folders you only need to place it in the folder where your other themes are located.

3) Open winterboard and select "No dock labels"

When it resprings you will have labels for all other icons but the dock will be blank

Here is an example of what it does..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrissurra For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2008-09-22), picassolsus (2008-09-24), zoom8112 (2008-09-27)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for your work

Anyway to get this without it also turning the time WHITE on a WHITE background when I use Safari?

what theme is that and where can i get it? i like the dock and how its setup

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mad_llib View Post
    Anyway to get this without it also turning the time WHITE on a WHITE background when I use Safari?
    You need to edit the plist file, delete "navigation bar style", "time style", and "undocked label style" leaving ONLY the "docked icon label style" then save it and ssh into your iphone. A simple plist editor can usually be found free with internet search.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

mad_llib (2008-09-24)

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    You need to edit the plist file, delete "navigation bar style", "time style", and "undocked label style" leaving ONLY the "docked icon label style" then save it and ssh into your iphone. A simple plist editor can usually be found free with internet search.
    As I have a sluggish windows machine that is already covered in bloatware... would any kind soul who has already figured out how to edit the plist files upload a modified version that will ONLY remove the dock labels?

I would be much obliged...

Here is an updated plist with just the dock labels removed, the clock on top will be stock.

Here is a zip of my theme, its a mix of a bunch of themes, with iHour backgrounds. If someone wants to add it to the cydia repo feel free..

Last edited by chrissurra; 2008-09-24 at 10:36 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chrissurra For This Useful Post:

mad_llib (2008-09-24)

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Here is an updated plist with just the dock labels removed, the clock on top will be stock.

Here is a zip of my theme, its a mix of a bunch of themes, with iHour backgrounds. If someone wants to add it to the cydia repo feel free..

Thank you very much! The Dock file works great... your theme, although interesting.... isn't setting up properly for me (the dock)... but it looks fantastic! I like my current set-up though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know how one gets stuff put on cydia, but I am sure there are others that would like your "no dock icons" put on there. I just took the "transparent icon labels" already on cydia and tweaked it to just remove the dock labels. Anyway, good work.

I successfully configured the transparent dock labels. I have the default theme, and after I apply it in Winterboard, under the dock icons, there are still little dots. This gives me the impression that something is missing in the transparency - I don't know.

Great script, thank you. Is there a way to remove the colored bar on the bottom as well? I am using a Florida Gators theme and I think that is putting the orange bar on the bottom. Your script removed the labels, which is great, but not the colored bar.

Thanks.