Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2220

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aqwoah

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^^^^^ditto^^^^

hello I to am having the problem with the time zone it shows the same time for all countries
    great theme by the way.

I like the subtle changes like switching RSS feeds by swiping instead of trying to click on the title.

This time zone issue has been driving me nuts, but I have a temporary fix. US users can ignore all of this, since they are not affected by the time zone bug. All others who use Aqwoah LockInfo III may download the following file:

http://homepage.mac.com/reinholdpenner/clock.js

If you can wait until tomorrow don't bother, since I will be updating the world times with a different script. If you really are desperate and can't wait, go ahead. The file will work for all UK users and possibly many other countries (see below).

Background: I load city times from

The World Clock – Time Zones

to determine time offsets and DST settings. Unfortunately this site is too smart for its own good and it will generate localized html depending on the request's origin. So US clients will get different html (AM/PM), UK clients will get 24-hr times, and Germany will get different day abbreviations etc. I have not found proxy servers for other countries. So this is a nightmare to parse. What I have now is a temporary solution that will work for any country that receives English day abbreviations (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.) for either 12- or 24-hr times (this includes US and UK as well as a number of other European countries.

You should verify what format is returned by the above URL. If the format is like this

Bangkok Wed 6:30 PM - or - Bangkok Wed 18:30

simply replace the clock.js file you downloaded and replace the one in the theme's js folder and the time zones will work.

If the timeanddate.com page has a different day abbreviation, you will have to edit a specific line in the clock.js file you just downloaded:

Code:
    function processWTReqChange() {
      if (wtHtmlRequest.readyState == 4) {		// only if "OK"
        if (wtHtmlRequest.status == 200) {		// we got data
          var wtNow = new Date();
          wtDayLastUpdate = wtNow.getDate();	// update occurs every day (using updateDayNight timer)
          var wtContent = wtHtmlRequest.responseText;

var weekday = ["Sun","Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat"];

I cannot tell what to put in, since I don't know what your page looks like that is returned from timeanddate.com, but I'm sure you can figure it out. It will be day abbreviations like e.g. "So", "Mo", "Di" in German or equivalent abbreviations in other languages if those are given. Simply edit the abbreviations and then replace clock.js on your iPhone.

Sorry about this complex set of instructions. This really is just for the impatient folks. I will provide a proper update Cydia hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

5. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

barneyrubbleuk (2009-12-16)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Top man, I'll wait for the update.
    Any ideas on my rss problem, I'm not too bothered as it's only a minor glitch.

There is a problem with the schedules of levying and of bedtime of the moon

Look :

Good schedules

False Schedules

The time for the sun is good

For the moon, it's false.
    The real time is

Rise of the moon : 08:35 CET
    Bedtime of the moon : 16:24 CET
    Last edited by Ramses2; 2009-12-16 at 11:14 PM.

Well, don't shoot the messenger. All I do is retrieve the moonrise times from Accuweather. If they are wrong, then yes, I will report the wrong times. I wonder how you can determine correct times. You post a website screenshot, but that could be wrong as well, no? We're talking 9 minutes and 18 minutes difference here. I honestly wouldn't worry about that too much.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

armadillo:

FYI: My past problem with Aquoa LockInfo II has been fixed in Aquoa Lockinfo III. I've been using it for more than a day and no problem with bars not collapsing or expanding.

How do I center headers? Weather, RSS, Calendar, Mail, Twitter?

If you prefer for me to e-mail you I can. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Well, don't shoot the messenger. All I do is retrieve the moonrise times from Accuweather. If they are wrong, then yes, I will report the wrong times. I wonder how you can determine correct times. You post a website screenshot, but that could be wrong as well, no? We're talking 9 minutes and 18 minutes difference here. I honestly wouldn't worry about that too much.
    The difference is not for 9 and 18 mn but for the Rise the difference is 3 hours and for the Bedtime the difference is 6 hours

@Ramses2: ooops, my bad, I looked at the sunrise/sunset times. Sorry about that. So accuweather seems to have a problem with the moon times. So I went to the ultimate authority timeanddate.com:

Moonrise, Moonset and Moonphase for France – Nancy – coming days

For December 17 they list moonrise at 9:20 and moonset at 17:25. This is close to what your other website says. I don't know if Accuweather accepts feedback, but maybe you can write them. I will also check if there is a pattern in offsets that I can use to compensate, but it could just be temporary glitch. I will also check to see if the the error is the same for other locations.

@dv8ed: This can be edited in the style.css. My suggestion would be to test this out in your desk browser. Just open lockinfo.html in Safari and change the text attributes of the headers in style.css.

Update: I just checked New York and the moonrise in Accuweather(timeanddate) is 8:17(8:16) and moonset is 17:32(17:32). So they match exactly. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch in the Nancy data.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-12-17 at 07:32 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thank you for your answer

Version 1.1 of Aqwoah LockInfo III just released. Make a backup of your edits, since this version will override the theme on your device. Let me know about remaining bugs.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

14. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Ramses2 (2009-12-17)

What does the update do?

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Version 1.1 of Aqwoah LockInfo III just released. Make a backup of your edits, since this version will override the theme on your device. Let me know about remaining bugs.
    Thank's

What is the corrected bugs ?

And the but for the time of the moon ?

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks for your fast update!
    worldwide time is working now but it shows am-pm format but without am or pm near the hour. How can i change it for 24h format?

@armadillo...I love this theme, I've been out of the loop for a while and can't believe how far it's come along since the last time I checked. I think the page was under 100 pages the last time I saw and all this lockscreen stuff is new to me, just fantastic. Anyway I just Paypal'ed you a small donation to get on your repo. Thanks and keep up the great work!

(You'll see the payment from [email protected])

Edit - And another thanks for the fast email with the repo address! By the time I posted this message and switched back to my Gmail tab your email was there!
    Last edited by swizzle23; 2009-12-17 at 07:38 PM.

Fixed the Fahrenheit/Celsius settings after respring. Fixed the global collapsing after right swipe (unfortunately I just saw that this has revealed another bug in left swiping). I wanted to primarily fix the weather world wide and that I did, but I probably should not have rushed it. Anyway, this is a decent working version and I will work on the global collapse (I actually don't use that feature).

As to the moon times, I tried to explain that I cannot do anything about it, since the wrong times are apparently just for Nancy. All other locations I have tried (Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York) are fine. It's not a bug, it's an Accuweather problem.

@banjod: Sorry, but it's impossible to display am/pm in world view without cluttering the view. So what I did is color code the times. You may notice that am times are white and pm times are blue. You can switch to 24 hour format in the strings file of your language (e.g. en.js)
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-12-17 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Many thank's armadillo.

I'm waiting, if find the bug of Accuweather

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Woo-hoo, latest update sorted the rss glitch as well.
    Just one question, is there anyway to sort that when you collapse the rss it kills the feed without editing it out in the config file? as it is quite a battery drain!!

Spoke to soon, now the todo drop down has stopped working

notice the arrow pointing down to should it should be expanded.
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 2009-12-17 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, one of my bug fixes introduced the Todo bug. Sorry about that. I'm fixing it. For now, avoid global collapsing via swipes.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-12-18 at 12:23 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast