Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aqwoah

Wow that was a fast response!
    I see the problem. The latest Apollo app is named "Apollo." The icon is named ApolloIM (the older version). There's the problem. I changed the name of your icon with finder and after a restart, there it was.
    Thank you for the help. This is the greatest theme!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captnroger View Post
    I downloaded this from installer.app, but the calculator skin and battery icon didn't install...how do I go about doing this?

Nice work btw, very well done, my favorite theme yet.

I didn't want to force people to have their calculator skin change when they just want to download the theme for icons and such. Hopefully customize will have the calculator option added. I will then add the calc & battery to the ThemeSourcePack for customize.

Edit: BTW, just updated theme on installer but I am sure most of you have checked installer like 10 times before coming into this thread,lol.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-10-04 at 06:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    I didn't want to force people to have their calculator skin change when they just want to download the theme for icons and such. Hopefully customize will have the calculator option added. I will then add the calc & battery to the ThemeSourcePack for customize.

Edit: BTW, just updated theme on installer but I am sure most of you have checked installer like 10 times before coming into this thread,lol.

Thanks! That's the answer I was also seeking. Already installed the new version showing up on Installer and love it. I can hardly wait to get the battery/bluetooth meter as well.

I cant find the theme on Installer. can i use it with summer board?
    I downloaded the theme and added the icons manually, but i dont know where to add (manually) the icons for the calculator.
    Any ideas? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post

I don't understand. Are you saying there's no way to incorporate your battery icon and calculator skin?

Hey guys.

I know some of you will probably want to go off at me coz the answer is probably somewhere obvious, but I've read through this whole thread and can't find an answer.

I've installed 1.5 in Summerboard, so I have all the icons working perfectly etc.

What I don't understand, however, is how to use all the different backgrounds that came with 1.5 and their corresponding dock images?

"The corresponding dock backgrounds are found in the "SpringBoard" folder. So install these into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app" I found that in the readme, and I know how to do that, but how do I pick the background I want to use etc? At the moment, all Summerboard lets me do is choose 'Aqwoah' which gets all the icons up and running, but with a black background.

Any help?
    Thanks.

Import the backgrounds you like through iTunes. Then go to the Photos application and select the image you like as background and make it your wallpaper. Then go to SummerBoard and set the Theme Wallpaper to Off. Scroll down to Advanced section and set the Wallpaper to On and adjust its Alpha value (transparency or darkness if you wish) to the desired level. That's it.

As an alternative (in case you want to make one wallpaper your permanent theme background), you can take one of the backgrounds and transfer it into /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Aqwoah/Dock.png. If you go this route, you should set the Theme Wallpaper in SB to On and the Wallpaper (the one in Advanced) to Off.

IOW, SB will set the background according to the settings in its prefs. So if you enable the Theme Wallpaper option, it will use the Dock.png image in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Aqwoah/ as the background. If you instead enable the Wallpaper option, it will use your current wallpaper as background. If you disable both, it will set the background to black. I think it's a great way to do it.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2007-10-06 at 07:46 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

ynogatna (2007-10-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captnroger View Post
    I don't understand. Are you saying there's no way to incorporate your battery icon and calculator skin?
    I think the answer from HighTymes was "I will then add the calc & battery to the ThemeSourcePack for customize." Until then, apparently we cannot add the battery/bluetooth meter. At least that's my take on it. But I am also curious, as I really love that battery/bluetooth meter and really want it on my phone also.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    I think the answer from HighTymes was "I will then add the calc & battery to the ThemeSourcePack for customize." Until then, apparently we cannot add the battery/bluetooth meter. At least that's my take on it. But I am also curious, as I really love that battery/bluetooth meter and really want it on my phone also.
    You can add whatever you want manually. Not everything has to be done through installer. Just download iphonebrowser and upload the battery and bluetooth that way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    You can add whatever you want manually. Not everything has to be done through installer. Just download iphonebrowser and upload the battery and bluetooth that way.
    Jasper? Sorry to belabor this, but can you give a little more detailed technique for doing this? For example:

Do you have a link for "iphonebrowser"? (I'm on a PC, not a MAC, btw).

Can the same thing be done using iBrickr?

What files need to be uploaded into the iPhone? and..

What directory do those files need to be uploaded into?

Is there anything ELSE other then these questions that need to be considered?

etc.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2007-10-07 at 12:03 AM.

Nikotalkie:

From another thread. I have made some Aqwoah package icons for Installer.app:

Rename the icons to package.png and newpackage.png, respectively, and put in Installer.app

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Jasper? Sorry to belabor this, but can you give a little more detailed technique for doing this? For example:

Do you have a link for "iphonebrowser"? (I'm on a PC, not a MAC, btw).
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/

Can the same thing be done using iBrickr?
    Yes, but you'll have to upload the files 1 by 1 which may be time consuming

What files need to be uploaded into the iPhone? and..
    For the battery: BatteryBG_1 through BatteryBG_17 from the battery folder in the download for this theme
    For the calculator: The 4 images in the calculator folder

What directory do those files need to be uploaded into?
    For the battery: navigate either ibrickr or iphonebrowser to /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    For the calculator: navigate to /applications/calculator.app
    With iphonebrowser just drag all the files at once into the right folder and with ibrickr navigate to the right folder then click upload file and upload all the files

Is there anything ELSE other then these questions that need to be considered?
    just restart your phone after you've uploaded the files

etc.

Thanks in advance
    my answers are within your quote

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

spongebobiwan (2007-10-07)

Thanks

Thanks Jasper. Did that and everything I wanted is up and running and lookin great. I sincerely appreciate your helpful reply.

I must say, that I've had more fun with my iPhone this past week or so, almost entirely due to this thread. I never imagined my springboard, battery/bluetooth meter, and calculator could look so "alive". Thanks to Armadillo, HighTymes, and everybody else in this thread who has contributed and made such an enjoyable iPhone experience.

Thanks

Armadillo, you are amazingamazing.

This is the best theme ever. I absolutely love your work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Whats next who knows

I uploaded just the battery icons to root/private/var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages and they APPEAR when viewed with customize, except ALL of them appear as options instead of just the one. And when I choose one, it doesn't utilize this battery, it stays with the previous one.

I have analyzed the other battery image folders and they seem to be the same with just all of the png files....any ideas?

Also, what package needs to be installed to have this be seen on Installer.app? I have community sources installed, but this theme does not show up.

iWoman:

Last edited by armadillo; 2007-10-16 at 11:13 PM.

Question Hey..
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro View Post
    I uploaded just the battery icons to root/private/var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages and they APPEAR when viewed with customize, except ALL of them appear as options instead of just the one. And when I choose one, it doesn't utilize this battery, it stays with the previous one.

I have analyzed the other battery image folders and they seem to be the same with just all of the png files....any ideas?

Also, what package needs to be installed to have this be seen on Installer.app? I have community sources installed, but this theme does not show up.
    Was about to ask that same last question. I've read back and saw people mention using Installer to get it up and running.. but I just checked my installer and this theme doesn't show up. In my installers Sources tab, I have Nullriver Software, Conceited Software and Ste Packaging. What am I missing?
    8gb iPhone - Gray zCover case

Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast