Page 45 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf

heyllo ppl, i'm new here but ive been trying to follow this post since i installed buuf2 theme. actually joined because i got addicted to the buuf2 icons and came across some snags that i cant figure out. please hit me up if any of you have the info
    - ive gone thru ssh with iphone tunnel and winscp ( the non wifi way) and copied out all the icons of buuf2 to a folder on desk top since a large part of my icons havent changed with installation like winterbaord an app store etc i wanted to see if any could be applied
    - i found some that i could use to replace those, like the apple.com icon for appstore, somebody here put a picture frame of winter for winterboard that i used, both videorecorder and cycorder. they all worked
    - problem lies with banner free app (i want it ledbanner icon) ypmobile ( i want it yellowpages icon) to do (i want it the to do clipboard icon) as well as wedict, wikipanion, paypal, itrans nyc to name a few others. when i drag these into the app folder and rename it to icon... either the app doesnt function, it comes up in a square, blank, and or doesnt effect it at all. what do i do or am i doing wrong.
    -just to get it all out (sorry for the lengthy post) can i request a buuf2 icon for:
    shazam, loopt, aim, gflash, monkeyball, tap tap, crash bandicoot, pear me, aurora feint, blue pulse, idrummer. take your time, whenever u get around to it, dedicated to buuf2 and dont want anything else on my springboard.
    AXERO is the man! thanks in advance

btw seems the problem is mostly with app store downloaded app icon changes.
    Last edited by grc; 2008-08-26 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i read somewhere on this that your on holiday or something but i wanted to stop by and say thanks for this awesome theme. works great. looks great.. hell it is great. im missing a few icons if you are taking requests for when you get back.

App Store
    AIM
    Palringo
    CraigsMobile
    WinterBoard
    iScopes
    HoldEm
    Teleport
    VNC
    Cubes
    OneTap
    Bejeweled 2
    Koi Pong
    DVDDash
    EndlessWalls

thats about all that i need. looking forward to your update bro!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, if you guys crave more buuf icons you can download the original buuf icon pack (theyre linux icons i think?) here ( http://www.deviantart.com/download/7...8_by_djany.zip ), find which one suits which app best and rename/resize it. If you find some good ones i would love for you guys to post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by grc View Post
    heyllo ppl, i'm new here but ive been trying to follow this post since i installed buuf2 theme. actually joined because i got addicted to the buuf2 icons and came across some snags that i cant figure out. please hit me up if any of you have the info
    - ive gone thru ssh with iphone tunnel and winscp ( the non wifi way) and copied out all the icons of buuf2 to a folder on desk top since a large part of my icons havent changed with installation like winterbaord an app store etc i wanted to see if any could be applied
    - i found some that i could use to replace those, like the apple.com icon for appstore, somebody here put a picture frame of winter for winterboard that i used, both videorecorder and cycorder. they all worked
    - problem lies with banner free app (i want it ledbanner icon) ypmobile ( i want it yellowpages icon) to do (i want it the to do clipboard icon) as well as wedict, wikipanion, paypal, itrans nyc to name a few others. when i drag these into the app folder and rename it to icon... either the app doesnt function, it comes up in a square, blank, and or doesnt effect it at all. what do i do or am i doing wrong.
    -just to get it all out (sorry for the lengthy post) can i request a buuf2 icon for:
    shazam, loopt, aim, gflash, monkeyball, tap tap, crash bandicoot, pear me, aurora feint, blue pulse, idrummer. take your time, whenever u get around to it, dedicated to buuf2 and dont want anything else on my springboard.
    AXERO is the man! thanks in advance

btw seems the problem is mostly with app store downloaded app icon changes.
    any anwsers?

Quote Originally Posted by grc View Post
    any anwsers?
    Sounds like you're changing the icon in the app folder, if so that's wrong.

Assuming you're using Winterboard, SSH in and browse to /Library/Themes
    This is a symlink to where the Winterboard themes are kept, go into the Buuf2/Icons folder, this is where you should be putting your icons, named the same as the app of course. I have changed the Banner Free icon and it's working fine (ensure the icon is called Banner Free.png)
    Last edited by gothi; 2008-08-31 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Sorry - I've obviously not explained myself well.

I have renamed some (category) icons in your set so that they work with the categories I have set up. For example, one is renamed to Bookz. This works as it should.

However, twice when I have updated Buuf2 using installer, something unexpected happened;

The icons I have renamed in your icon file seem to be wiped during the upgrade as my category icons default back to the original (non Buff2) icons. I would expect your install to ignore any icons that didn't have any of your standard names (and just leave them alone...)
    For example, why should my "Bookz" icon disappear after the upgrade?

It is as if your Buuf2 upgrade is wiping the directory of all icons before replacing them all.

So you see, you don't need to rename any icons - just stop wiping the ones I have renamed!
    I was just scanning the thread for any icons not used in the last update and spotted this post.
    To avoid this happening make a new Winterboard theme (it's really easy) and put all your custom icons in there. When Buuf2 gets an update via Cydia none of your custom icons are replaced so you never lose anything. Just make sure that you place your custom theme above Buuf2 in Winterboard and you're all set (see pic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002.png  

Quote Originally Posted by gothi View Post
    Sounds like you're changing the icon in the app folder, if so that's wrong.

Assuming you're using Winterboard, SSH in and browse to /Library/Themes
    This is a symlink to where the Winterboard themes are kept, go into the Buuf2/Icons folder, this is where you should be putting your icons, named the same as the app of course. I have changed the Banner Free icon and it's working fine (ensure the icon is called Banner Free.png)
    -exactly what i was doing, it had worked for a few of the apps by putting in the icon and renaming it icon.png in that apps folder... but your way has made everything perfect, thanks tons!!!!!!!!
    -now the problem is winterboard was in the recent changes part of cydia and was available for update. after i did everything was gone, had to reinstall 80% of my changes. putting buuf2 reinstall however came back with all the icon renames i had previously done but lost all my other changes in themes... sounds, battery etc. i did gain the ability to 5 icon dock though. my concern is somewhat similiar to how itunes will keep putting/allowing/importing the same song in the library as a duplicate but not showing it until asked, am i overwriting previous apps/changes on my iphone or am i clogging up my root/media space with duplicates

btw there was a tap tap icon already... its in there as ttr.png, after seeing all the icons it's apparent that the colored balls on a light path named ttr was the one... duh me, but whomever else has a brain fart, before asking axero for a new icon... copy paste all the icons in buuf2 to a new folder on desktop check 'em out, rename the ones you want and drag 'em back in
    Last edited by grc; 2008-09-01 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

See my post above yours for how to avoid any updates from Cydia affecting the changes you've made

can you make a icon for AIM? thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG READ

@Honly
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Axero,

thanks for the awesome theme. Enjoy your vacation.

Here is a quick version of the Dialer pad for Winterboard. I had to add the "pressed" buttons myself, so axero may later create a better version (although mine does not look bad at all).

Just unpack and copy to /Library/Themes and enable it in Winterboard.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Buuf 2 and Winterboard:

As WinterBoard is way more powerful and flexible than old SummerBoard (that's also not available for fw 2.0) we can use some of it's features as well as some Unix incantations to simplify the icon set.

First, Winterboard allows for a single icon to be used for all languages!

Second, when an Icon is used for more than one App, use a simbolic link. Both TAR and ZIP will preserve symbolic links. The drawback is that it needs to be maintained under a Unix like system (windows do not support it).

And finally, we can have separate WinterBoard packages for different parts, such as "Buuf 2 icons", "Buuf 2 dock", "Buuf 2 Dialer Pad", "Buuf2 WP Set #1" (with 2 or more rotating wallpapers), etc.

Now a request for Axero: AppStore
    Last edited by aviegas; 2008-09-08 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aviegas For This Useful Post:

Ale_lock (2008-09-09), dstein (2008-09-08), motamedn (2008-09-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aviegas View Post
    Here is a quick version of the Dialer pad for Winterboard. I had to add the "pressed" buttons myself, so axero may later create a better version (although mine does not look bad at all).

Just unpack and copy to /Library/Themes and enable it in Winterboard.
    Hey, I just want to thank you for adding the dialer for Winterboard! Due to insomnia and bordem, I decided to see how you got it working and how others got their themes working, one thing lead to another, and I end up popping out a more complete Buuf2.theme for those who'd want an all in one solution like myself.

This theme includes:
    Buuf2 base theme (icons, wall, dock)
    Buuf2 sliders, red badge, & chat bubbles
    Buuf2 dialer
    Buuf2 notes
    [Updated]
    Buuf2 battery
    Buuf2 weather

Link: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Thanks to:
    Aviegas for inspiring me to do this at the ripe time of bordem, from your dialer theme addition I ended up figuring out the chat bubbles.
    Allen of Cool notes, Chormium notes, etc for figuring out...notes!
    MacCiti from the MacCiti Vivid theme for Winterboard for badges.
    Zachary Chisenhall from the Why So Serious? Batman theme for the sliders.

I'm going to do a Buuf2 edition of the weather widget for myself, I'd like to contribute what I do to everyone else but looking at the base icons for the widget compared to the one for buuf's weather.app, some resizing might be needed for other CSS styles.

edit: So I found all the buuf icons in the 128x128 format, maybe the widget theme might show up after all.
    Last edited by Ale_lock; 2008-09-09 at 06:30 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ale_lock For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2008-09-29), motamedn (2008-09-10)

Better than having a single theme with it all, is to have separate themes for the parts, like a buff2 icons, buff2 baterry, etc.
    That way we can use the flexibility of WinterBoard to combine the parts....

And place the icons, each on their own directory (and use symlinks)

With others helping we can do it!

Question thanks to all of you
    Hey guys, thanks for all your hard work. Its nice that everyone's helping out. I do have a quick question though. I found tutorials for making themes but how do I make a theme battery?? Is there anywhere I can download 1.1.4 themes to my PC from? I really liked the customize battery "Flamebattery". You can see it herehttp://customizeapp.com/browser/FlameBattery/preview

PS I agree about adding buuf separately (in case you're layering over another theme and don't want it all. i'm surprised at this limitation of winterboard; customize did well with that!!)

Thanks guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can put them up in seperate packages if need be, I just tend to use buuf2 exclusively to where I'm downloading buuf icon packages to find icons for the AppStore purchases, hehe.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ale_lock For This Useful Post:

DeMoney30 (2008-10-12)

Hi i'm having problems installing buuf2 v. 2.7 in my iphone , it always says package download failed is there a work around to sucessfully install buuf2 on my iphone?

Thanks

Default sliders
    hey guys
    Does anybody know why the notes app doesn't change? I mean, all the arrows and buttons change, accept for the background. and the default.png is replaced correctly.

many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dnewayz; 2008-09-20 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Fixed

this theme is amazing........ great icons !!!
    iPhone 3G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dnewayz View Post
    hey guys
    Does anybody know why the notes app doesn't change? I mean, all the arrows and buttons change, accept for the background. and the default.png is replaced correctly.

many thanks in advance!
    anyone?
    no one?
    Last edited by dnewayz; 2008-09-20 at 05:23 PM.
    Music Comes First!!!

Page 45 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast