Page 355 of 397 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7934

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf

Quote Originally Posted by iSeezAll View Post
    i found where the springdots are located , anyone know the directory/name of the battery/airplane mode/blue tooth icons on the status bar for ios4 ?
    They are located in the directory /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Shared.artwork. Unfortunately the folder can't be accessed as normal and needs to be extracted first. Someone else has posted a link of the extracted files here: 4.0 Stock Theme.zip

Edit the following files and put them in /Themes/Buuf2.theme/UIImages/:
    Battery:
    • Black_BatteryCharged.png
    • Black_BatteryCharging.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingBG.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow.png
    • Silver_BatteryCharged.png
    • Silver_BatteryCharging.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingBG.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow.png

Bluetooth:
    • Black_Bluetooth.png
    • Black_BluetoothConnected.png
    • Silver_Bluetooth.png
    • Silver_BluetoothConnected.png

Airplane Mode:
    • Black_Airplane.png
    • Silver_Airplane.png

If you're looking to change other statusbar icons, they are intuitively named Black_... & Silver_...

Quote Originally Posted by zoranais View Post
    Thanks sihlouette85!! You rock
    I don't know if it is to much asking but could you also make the clock application background? The one with the stripes and the world map?
    :-)
    Sorry, i can merely play around with photoshop & tweak existing icons, but the creative side is lacking.. As u can see @Stereo89 is a lot more creative, maybe he can help u out there.

@Stereo89, I have a few requests as well:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silhouette85 For This Useful Post:

iSeezAll (2010-09-06)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjsantos View Post
    @ stereo

what is the exact name for this file and it goes in /themes/XXXXX.theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard?.....thanks again stereo
    can someone upload the original icon that replaces this? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette85 View Post
    They are located in the directory /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Shared.artwork. Unfortunately the folder can't be accessed as normal and needs to be extracted first. Someone else has posted a link of the extracted files here: 4.0 Stock Theme.zip

Edit the following files and put them in /Themes/Buuf2.theme/UIImages/:
    Battery:
    • Black_BatteryCharged.png
    • Black_BatteryCharging.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingBG.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png
    • Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow.png
    • Silver_BatteryCharged.png
    • Silver_BatteryCharging.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingBG.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides.png
    • Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow.png

Bluetooth:
    • Black_Bluetooth.png
    • Black_BluetoothConnected.png
    • Silver_Bluetooth.png
    • Silver_BluetoothConnected.png

Airplane Mode:
    • Black_Airplane.png
    • Silver_Airplane.png

If you're looking to change other statusbar icons, they are intuitively named Black_... & Silver_...

ah , thanks alot
    btw anyone has suitable status bar battery icons for the buuf2 theme that you could share ? I'm using the buuf2 default battery icons and would like a new set
    Last edited by iSeezAll; 2010-09-06 at 01:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

@iSeezAll

Dodonpachi resurrection, infectThemAll, ITARUS, Stupid Test 5, My M1 -> page 443, iLoader, To kill a Mocking Bird, Thesaurus, BlurFX, 7.0 mpx camera -> page 431, PandaDaemon
    Attached Images Attached Images          

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

EfremMartins (2010-09-07), iSeezAll (2010-09-06), Mimh (2010-09-06)

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    @iSeezAll

Dodonpachi resurrection, infectThemAll, ITARUS, Stupid Test 5, My M1 -> page 443, iLoader, To kill a Mocking Bird, Thesaurus, BlurFX, 7.0 mpx camera -> page 431, PandaDaemon
    thanks alot stereo !

anyone has any idea why im stuck with the defualt icons
    for phone pictures calculator weather etc..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0023.png  

Thanks

@Synactix

ZDarma (Is Vodafone ok?)

@thomastonghy

Airport Madness Mobile, Airport Terminal, MADDEN NFL 11, Comic Zeal Comic Reader, Heroes Comic Reader

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

EfremMartins (2010-09-07), Mimh (2010-09-07), thomastonghy (2010-09-07)

Default Just 2 new requests...
    Hello!

Just recently installed buuf2, and I must say, it ROCKS! Stereo89 et all, your work is just awesome - thanks a million!

There are two apps I haven't been able to find an icon for - PhotoFunia and Stickbound (see below). Think you could find some spare time to do them? Thanks in advance!

@elad.chen,

Looks like the DisplayName on your apps (contacts, phone, sms) was changed to some arabic-looking version. You could either a)rename the buuf2 icons to match those or b)edit the info.plist for the apps and fix the DisplayName to Contacts, Phone and Messages (the original ones, at least in English!)

Cheers...
    Last edited by JGraterol; 2010-09-07 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@MinGem

iDaft, ModMyI -> page 469, Icy, BackBoard, SpringBack

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

EfremMartins (2010-09-08), MindGem (2010-09-07)

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by JGraterol View Post

@elad.chen,

Looks like the DisplayName on your apps (contacts, phone, sms) was changed to some arabic-looking version. You could either a)rename the buuf2 icons to match those or b)edit the info.plist for the apps and fix the DisplayName to Contacts, Phone and Messages (the original ones, at least in English!)

Cheers...
    Thanks for the reply.
    first of all it is an Hebrew font ,
    i cant name files with that font it just turns it to gibberish
    funny thing is that it used to work fine on 3.1.3
    but i guess 4.01 renders the theme differently..
    how do i edit the info.plist file and where is the one i need to edit is located ? (using 3GS 4.01 OS)

Edit.

did some testing when phone language is set to English
    the icons shows up fine but not with an Hebrew language
    (how did it work with 3.1.3??) any workaround that will
    give me the theme icons with the proper Hebrew text?
    Last edited by elad.chen; 2010-09-07 at 02:43 PM.

Just after posting my reply I realized it was Hebrew - also checked the pelephone site to make sure - sorry for the mix-up!

Not sure how/why it worked in 3.1.3, possibly the info.plist structure was slightly different. As I said, you can edit it to fix the name, but be advised that with every app update you'll have to edit it again for it to work. Having said that:

1. Although it's possible that a tool exists to edit it directly on the iPhone, the easiest way is to copy it to your computer and do the editing there.

2. The file you want to edit is located in /var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/yyyyyy.app, where 'xxxxxx' is unique to each device (easily found though) and 'yyyyyy' is the app name (Contacts, MobilePhone, Messages, etc). There are a few utilities that will let you access the full iPhone file structure (I use iPhoneBrowser on Win7, love it) or you could directly ssh into it.

3. Copy the file to your computer and open it with a plist editor (Win: plistEd end of page; Mac: Apple's very own, part of xcode pack)

4. Look for the line that says "CFBundleDisplayName" towards the top of the file and change the '<string>xxxxx</string>' line immediately below it, changing the 'xxxxx' to whatever you want it to be.

5. Save the file and copy it back to the same folder on the iPhone

6. Respring your device and presto!

Be aware that if you changed the device language to English then you have to rename also the buuf2 icon to match the new app display name. The rule is that those two have to match in order for the icon to show up. Renaming the icon to something with non-roman chars involves a different procedure, easiest done from a Mac - let me know if you need help with that.

I'd recommend you switch your device language back to Hebrew, since that's what you had before and you'd need to rename the icon anyway. In that case, the above procedure does not apply.

Cheers...

so im forced to use english app's name now?

Post Hebrew is ok
    Mmm.... maybe you want to re-read the last part of my post?

Mmm.... maybe you want to re-read the last part of my post?
    i read your post
    all it says is what i already know
    there is no way to keep the Phone icon
    with hebrew text i have to change it to
    match the icon name e.g Phone.png for Phone icon
    since there's no way to have an image with an hebrew name
    am i right?

Thanks

@iPhoneFeen

Your Rights, UDecide, Marvel (x2), iForum, HiddenSMS,
    GoodGuide (x2), SBSettings (x3), Cures A-Z, 365 Devotions

...and search Bing here -> http://modmyi.com/forums/misc.php?do...hments&t=32178 (Ctrl+F for a faster search)
    Last edited by Stereo89; 2010-09-08 at 02:36 AM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

EfremMartins (2010-09-08), iPhoneFeen (2010-09-08), Mimh (2010-09-08)

Post How to Hebrew-name icon
    Quote Originally Posted by elad.chen View Post
    i read your post
    am i right?
    There is indeed a way to have non-roman chars in the icon name.

I've never tried this with Hebrew (for obvious reasons), but it should work anyway - I've used it with latin (accented) chars without a problem. I will assume that you have access to a Mac, (although the Win procedure must be very similar) and that you are also able to type Hebrew chars into it, at least by means of the Keyboard Viewer or Character Palette (I prefer the latter).

For this you do have to ssh into your iPhone, and that's what you do from the Mac by using Terminal. I included a link to the ssh how-to in my previous post. The key step is to set Terminal to escape non-roman chars - that'll do the trick. That setting is in the Advanced part of Terminal preferences - sorry, don't have my Mac right now (it died on me day before yesterday, hope to get it back soon) and can't remember exactly where; just look for the Advanced button somewhere in the Keyboard tab.

Once you have set Terminal to do the above, it just a matter of ssh'ing into the Icons folder of the Buuf2 theme (BTW, here's all you want to know about it, recommend reading it) and renaming the icons to the Hebrew name (you do that with the mv command, just in case), using the Character Palette. It'll look funny, I know, and even more, the resulting icon name will definitely not look very Hebrew, but once you respring your iPhone it'll be worth the effort

Let me know if it works - cheers!

Thanks once again!

Quote Originally Posted by elad.chen View Post
    i read your post
    am i right?
    If i'm not mistaken, you can SSH into your phone, browse to /var/themes/Buuf2.theme/Icons/, and rename the icon "Phone.png" to "xxxxx.png" where xxxxx is the Hebrew name for Phone. It should work.

EDIT: Ooops.. Didn't realise there was already an earlier reply.
    Last edited by silhouette85; 2010-09-08 at 07:59 AM.

There is indeed a way to have non-roman chars in the icon name.

I've never tried this with Hebrew (for obvious reasons), but it should work anyway - I've used it with latin (accented) chars without a problem. I will assume that you have access to a Mac, (although the Win procedure must be very similar) and that you are also able to type Hebrew chars into it, at least by means of the Keyboard Viewer or Character Palette (I prefer the latter).

For this you do have to ssh into your iPhone, and that's what you do from the Mac by using Terminal. I included a link to the ssh how-to in my previous post. The key step is to set Terminal to escape non-roman chars - that'll do the trick. That setting is in the Advanced part of Terminal preferences - sorry, don't have my Mac right now (it died on me day before yesterday, hope to get it back soon) and can't remember exactly where; just look for the Advanced button somewhere in the Keyboard tab.

Once you have set Terminal to do the above, it just a matter of ssh'ing into the Icons folder of the Buuf2 theme (BTW, here's all you want to know about it, recommend reading it) and renaming the icons to the Hebrew name (you do that with the mv command, just in case), using the Character Palette. It'll look funny, I know, and even more, the resulting icon name will definitely not look very Hebrew, but once you respring your iPhone it'll be worth the effort

Let me know if it works - cheers!
    how do i do that escape non-roman chars in winscp?

Page 355 of 397 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast