Page 18 of 397 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf ²

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axero View Post
    copy the file callglyph_big.png and rename it to callglyph.png
    copy both of them on the phone, i think now it must work.

Still not approved since update! should take about 1-2 day!
    till then use this: Buuf_2.zip (2.6 MB)
    Very very cool!!! Thanks a lot!!!

I have a question, I'm "new" in customizing my iPhone, like putting new themes on it via WinSDP. I just downloaded the Buuf2 theme, that's just AWESOME !!!! Really like it!

But I don't know how I put this on my iphone, it says:

Slider: \System\Library\Frameworks\TelephonyUI.framework\
    Badge: \System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app\
    SMS Bubbles: \Applications\MobileSMS.app\
    Calculator: \Applications\Calculator.app\
    Dialer Pad: \Applications\MobilePhone.app\
    Battery: \System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app\
    But when I go to these folders, when I want to put the new files from the Buuf2 theme in it, I cope the original ones right? That's a thing I don't want. I want to keep the original. How can I solve this that I'm keeping the original files and add the Buuf2 theme too?

What I want is this: Adding these new Buuf2 files, and When I want these files installed, I want to do that with Customize.app. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Diageo View Post
    I have a question, I'm "new" in customizing my iPhone, like putting new themes on it via WinSDP. I just downloaded the Buuf2 theme, that's just AWESOME !!!! Really like it!

But when I go to these folders, when I want to put the new files from the Buuf2 theme in it, I cope the original ones right? That's a thing I don't want. I want to keep the original. How can I solve this that I'm keeping the original files and add the Buuf2 theme too?

What I want is this: Adding these new Buuf2 files, and When I want these files installed, I want to do that with Customize.app. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
    ehm, i don't use customize!
    maybe it is possible to use it with customize.
    how to: search the forum.
    If you like my work on Buuf2 you can donate... Here

Quote Originally Posted by axero View Post
    ehm, i don't use customize!
    maybe it is possible to use it with customize.
    how to: search the forum.
    But can someone tell me how to put it on with WinSDP, I tried, but it copies the original ones and I don't want that. So How can I copy these files on the iphone without replacing the original ones?
    Last edited by Diageo; 2008-03-26 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But can someone tell me how to put it on with WinSDP, I tried, but it copies the original ones and I don't want that. So How can I copy these files on the iphone without replacing the original ones?
    What i know about customize is...

it has its own folder, the files must be stored there.
    but no idear where it is located.

Default Tapper
    A tapper is a "bigger" slider, but unlike the slider buttom you just tap it.
    It's like this one :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bladerunner_white.png   -ipodtouch_1.png  
    Last edited by EfremMartins; 2008-03-26 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks

Sorry about that.

If you need help with anything let me know. I can make day & night weather backgrounds, but I wanted to run it by you first.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a good understanding of the working of Customize and have packed all the Sliders, Badges, Battery, SMS Balloons and Calculator files to be used on either Customize or Customize2.
    Instructions will be included and I will be uploading a link shortly.
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-03-26 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Mistakes
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by EfremMartins View Post
    A tapper is a "bigger" slider, but unlike the slider buttom you just tap it.
    It's like this one :
    I would like to see a Tap To Unlock button as well
    pretty sweet thing (I just got to know it a minute ago )
    I already got annoyed by the "Slide to Unlock", it's fun at first but then just kind of annoying..

If you want a full tutorial about Tap to Unlock watch here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1E6ja3LwDE"]YouTube - iPod Touch: How To Tap To Unlock Screen![/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Sorry about that.

If you need help with anything let me know. I can make day & night weather backgrounds, but I wanted to run it by you first.
    That would be awesome (weather backrounds), I liked your battery for Buuf² so far, would be great if you could make weather backrounds
    Last edited by The_Ben; 2008-03-26 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, that was kind of directed towards axero. I'll whip something up and if he wants to make new ones that's fine. I'll see what I can do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:

The_Ben (2008-03-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I have packed all of the elements into one file with instructions showing you how to install Buuf onto your phone/touch. This uses Customize and SummerBoard.
    If there are and errors, bug, etc. please tell me and I will correct them asap.
    Axero, if you have any problems with this, let me know and I will delete the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X1MARC4C

I only have the MegaUpload mirror at the moment. I will add more if the popularity increases.

Hope it helps some people out there.
    Matt
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-03-26 at 07:54 PM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

Ok, even though they seemed painfully simplistic while I was working on them, they actually look much nicer than expected once applied.

These overwrite the originals located in /Applications/Weather.app/. I recommend you backup the originals - just in case. Save them to your HDD, then apply them using WinSCP or a similar browser.

I highly recommend replacing BacksideBackground.png with a transparent PNG so it loads smoothly. I've included one; it's to the right of the purple screen below, you just won't be able to see it.

I'm always lurking around if you need anything.

I took a look at the "tapper" video, but it seems unnecessarily over-the-top. My guess is that it's just a slider with the same dimensions as the slider track, that way the x-axis value is already met as soon as you "tap" it. That being said I'll try my hand at that too, though I can't guarantee anything great.

Ok, I made one of these "tapper" things. My hunch was right; just replace bottombarknobgray.png in /System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework with this PNG. The dimensions are that of the track, so when pressed it'll unlock. I prefer axero's slider myself. Feedback appreciated.

Last edited by Dylan; 2008-03-27 at 01:34 AM. Reason: OCD

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:

axero (2008-03-26), EfremMartins (2008-03-27), The_Ben (2008-03-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I took a look at the "tapper" video, but it seems unnecessarily over-the-top. My guess is that it's just a slider with the same dimensions as the slider track, that way the x-axis value is already met as soon as you "tap" it. That being said I'll try my hand at that too, though I can't guarantee anything great.
    That's exactly what it is! It's measures are 275 x 51.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    I have packed all of the elements into one file with instructions showing you how to install Buuf onto your phone/touch. This uses Customize and SummerBoard.
    If there are and errors, bug, etc. please tell me and I will correct them asap.
    Axero, if you have any problems with this, let me know and I will delete the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X1MARC4C

I only have the MegaUpload mirror at the moment. I will add more if the popularity increases.

Hope it helps some people out there.
    Matt
    Rapidshare Mirror if anyone interested :
    http://rapidshare.com/files/102588336/Buuf_Repacked.zip

Enjoy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EfremMartins View Post
    That's exactly what it is! It's measures are 275 x 51.
    Got it. It's finished. It's in my earlier post.

Also, I touched up axero's sliders; with these you can slide them all the way to the end (still go in the /System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework directory:

Last edited by Dylan; 2008-03-26 at 09:58 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:

EfremMartins (2008-03-27), The_Ben (2008-03-26)

Now you can install Buuf² from installer!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axero For This Useful Post:

flrdotcom (2008-03-27), wPz (2008-03-27)

Thanks

Congratulations!! ^_^

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks in advance,
    i added all of the badges, sliders, chat bubbles to customize..

goto var> library > customize > (pick a folder for example mainslider) > add a folder ( i named mine buff > add the sliders....

worked like a charm for me

whats the installer source? if i reinstall through installer, every time you update icons i should get the update correct? unlike if you SSH'd the theme onto your phone...
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 2008-03-27 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by flrdotcom View Post
    whats the installer source?
    It's on the modmyi source.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy 2 Sips For This Useful Post:

flrdotcom (2008-03-27)

Wow, just got from installer and I'm amazed at how many icons there are! Between this and Aqwoah, I don't know which one to use! Thank you so much for all the time you put into this!

Page 18 of 397 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast