Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iGlassTango - New Winterboard Theme!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb iGlassTango - New Winterboard Theme!
    I've been working on a new theme for a couple of days now. I have drawn all the tiles, buttons, SMS bubbles from scratch using Inkscape. The icons and images are either taken from their original application icon, or from the Tango Project and Ubuntu Gnome icon themes, all of them follow the GPL License.

The concept of the tiles was taken from the design of the iGlassSol theme available on Cydia. I found that because I didn't have the template for the icons, it was hard to draw new ones, so I created myself several colored tiles using the Tango palette and now I can make any icon I need for my theme. If anyone has requests, let me know and I'll try and expand my icon coverage. Right now all the basic icons are present except the Stocks icon which i normally hide, I will get it done soon. I've only created icons for the apps I personally use, but I am more than happy to add new icons for anyone that likes my theme and wants to continue using it.

This is mostly for a little preview of what I'm working on, to get people's opinion.

Extract the theme into the Themes folder for Winterboard and it should work.

There is a screenshot attached to this post.

NOTE: Some icons I can't figure out what filename to use to have it show up automatically. Because of this, I have provided the icons in the folder, but they do not automatically show up unless you over the icon.png of the app. If anyone has a way I can fix this, let me know and I will fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by draekz; 2008-08-20 at 09:30 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to draekz For This Useful Post:

darwina (2008-08-23), heath_rox (2008-08-23), jmiahb (2008-08-30), whateverman24791 (2008-08-29)

Very Nice! Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know the Maps icon kinda sucks. I had a hard time drawing the roads using vector graphics, well I was just lazy....

I'll probably improve on it at some point.

hey can you save your template as a PSD, so we can make our own icons without asking you and wasting your time on apps you don't use. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, I didn't do them in Photoshop. I use Inkscape and SVG files.

I've also begun work on the rest of the UI. I'll be doing most of the buttons and panels that can be modified. So far it looks pretty good. I will let you see some screenshots once they are ready.
    Last edited by draekz; 2008-08-21 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

very nice
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here are some shots of what i've been working on. Pretty busy so its not going super fast. Still trying to locate some images, it seems there are many right in the applications that affect things and I want to make a total theme that spans other apps too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0003.png   -img_0004.png   -img_0005.png   -img_0006.png   -img_0007.png  

Where are the iPod popup images located,

Specifically the Volume knob, and the Volumes fills.

Thanks.