Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Family Guy SMS Bubbles

can anyone recreate the calvin and hobbes bubbles but with the default glossy green and blue balloons plz? TIA

Hi fistikal,

go to www.iphoneskinning.com and type dilbert sms in the search area. You will be directed to the samples and below the page will be the zip file for dilbert or calvin & hobbes. (i like Dilbert better)

Quote Originally Posted by fpt View Post
    Hi fistikal,

go to www.iphoneskinning.com and type dilbert sms in the search area. You will be directed to the samples and below the page will be the zip file for dilbert or calvin & hobbes. (i like Dilbert better)
    thanks for the response..but i know how to find those original sms comic icons..but what i was asking is if someone can recreate the calvin and hobbes ones but with the default glossy style balloons..the green gloss and blue gloss in particular..TIA

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    ssh into your phone and go to var/mobile/Library/Customize/Chat1Images &var/mobile/Library/Customize/Chat2Images

I went & connected to ssh and after i went to customize folder i didnt find da Chat1Images anything wrong wit my phone???

I'm having the same problem. I am thinking it has to do with the fact that the new customize doesn't have those options (chat 1 and chat 2) when you look at the layout of the SSH folders.

Is there another route to go? Seems that now that customize is new and there is winterboard and summer board, no one isusing SSH anymore.

Shame...since the jailbroken modding apps dont allow for the individuality.

you can SSH them to the directory that Reeko posted above http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...tml#post792191

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by do_i_get_one View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I am thinking it has to do with the fact that the new customize doesn't have those options (chat 1 and chat 2) when you look at the layout of the SSH folders.

Is there another route to go? Seems that now that customize is new and there is winterboard and summer board, no one isusing SSH anymore.

Shame...since the jailbroken modding apps dont allow for the individuality.
    doing it the wrong way...u gotta go to private/var/stash/Applications/mobilesms.....then replace balloon 1 and two....remember to back them up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alecia For This Useful Post:

jetlorider (2008-12-25)

can someone set these up to work with winterboard please? It's so much safer and will stop people asking questions.

edit!!

Scrap that I done it for you guys, here you go just unzip and put the folder called Family Guy Bubbles and its contents in var/stash/Themes using SSH and then apply it in Winterboard.

Rather proud of myself, now just to make the rest of the theme that goes with it.

HERE YOU GO

FAMILY GUY SMS BUBBLES FOR WINTERBOARD

DONT FORGET TO SAY THANKS

SMEE

Ps Can someone change the thread title to Winterboard Compatible, also note to mods, how can we get this hosted and onto Cydia? I'd be well happy seeing something I helped with go on Cydia!!
    Last edited by smeeshum; 2008-09-01 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Did it myself

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smeeshum For This Useful Post:

gothi (2008-09-01), SR_Eyes (2008-09-09), ToasterBoyOhFour (2008-09-02)

these are sweet!!! just added them to my 3G, thanks for the info and cool balloons!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i got up to var/mobile/Library/ but there is no customize folder. do i add this folder to the directory?

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    can someone set these up to work with winterboard please? It's so much safer and will stop people asking questions.

edit!!

Scrap that I done it for you guys, here you go just unzip and put the folder called Family Guy Bubbles and its contents in var/stash/Themes using SSH and then apply it in Winterboard.

Rather proud of myself, now just to make the rest of the theme that goes with it.

HERE YOU GO

SMEE

Ps Can someone change the thread title to Winterboard Compatible, also note to mods, how can we get this hosted and onto Cydia? I'd be well happy seeing something I helped with go on Cydia!!
    worked like a charm. made sure to thank you as well. cheers!
    Last edited by ToasterBoyOhFour; 2008-09-02 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Am i being stupid but how can i get access to the var folder in ibrickr?? I cant seem to be able to click into it?

i installed it to winterboard and checked it but it still doesnt work. what do i do?

So i need to install customize? damit, cool though

I have this on my 2g iPhone. it's great. and different

Ii love family guy thanks for the share...

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post

edit!!

HERE YOU GO

SMEE

i cant download it, can you host it somewhere else?

These should be hosted in cydia via MMI source shortly

This is so cool. SMS bubbles that resides in Winterboard. You can easily revert back to default without SSHing again!

wow kool I always wanted these lol

Default SMS Bubbles with Cydia
    I downloaded this through Cydia.. then rebooted 3g iphone.. But still see same default bubbles in SMS.. Why is it not working?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast