Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Parnell's Vista Mashup

Thanks

Default Parnell's Vista Mashup
    Hello all.

I made a Vista Mashup theme using some elements I found here. I do not take credit for creating ANY of it. (...Hence the Mashup name...) See details below.

The bulk of the theme came from Zen_Azazel's Vista Ultimate.

The Camera icon is from ebl4287's Leopard Ultra Theme.

...And many more. If you see some of your work on here, just let me know and I'll give you the propper props.

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-23 at 04:39 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbrando45 For This Useful Post:

bluesroad (2008-01-24), IcBlUsCrN (2008-01-22), Janmyk (2008-11-11)

it's look ok. To bad the squares don't seem te be aligned properly. Some of them are wide and some are pretty tight.. Could look better if there were aligned better so that the right row of icons fit inside the squares for example.

And the setting and SMBprefs icons have a reflection but no other icons have that same reflection. Maybe you should have put up a little more effort and it would look a lot better.
    Last edited by psychonikeo; 2008-01-20 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

Haha...Believe me, it's not lack of effort, it's a complete lack of knowing what the heck I'm doing. Let me work on it and see if I can make that better.

Thanks for the input, tho!

Mark

Ok, checkit now. I'm still tweaking it, but this is the general idea.

Crituques are welcome!

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-20 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i really like the status bar. high five~ good juob

is it available for download? How do you change the status bar?

Thanks

It is now in the downloads section pending approval. The status bar is part of the theme.

Oh, and I removed the grid...It is still in the theme download if you should want it.

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-21 at 05:51 PM.

i like it, nice work did this make the installer yet?
    what icon's are the last two in the dock, gears look like settings (or smb looking at the theme). triangle = ipod?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IcBlUsCrN For This Useful Post:

mbrando45 (2008-01-22)

Thanks

Thanks!

It has not made installer, but that would certainly be cool!

Both the Internet Explorer and the "settings gear" icon link to safari. I'm not sure why.

The triangle is the symbol for Windows Media Player, but yes it actually launches the iPod.

It's kinda sacrelige to put a Microsoft theme on an Apple product, but I think it's pretty funny and not bad looking. It certainly does turn a lot of heads when people see it. I tell them it's "Vista Mobile..." Haha.

Mark

Tried to download theme but it didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by mbrando45 View Post
    Thanks!

Both the Internet Explorer and the "settings gear" icon link to safari. I'm not sure why.

The triangle is the symbol for Windows Media Player, but yes it actually launches the iPod.

Mark

WHY?
    Because you have no idea how to use it. I made that dock and gave specific intructions on how to make it work. It seems you got the files but didn't read the description.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?
    Next time create your own stuff.
    Last edited by Zen_Azazel; 2008-01-22 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Azazel View Post
    WHY?
    Because you have no idea how to use it. I made that dock and gave specific intructions on how to make it work. It seems you got the files but didn't read the description.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?
    Ok, now there's no need to be childish and whiney . I said in the original post...
    I do not take credit for creating ANY of it. (...Hence the Mashup name...)
    I would love to see your "specific intructions" on how to make your dock "work". Where are these "specific intructions"?

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?
    No thank you. I am a modder, not a graphic designer. BTW, Did you create all of those copyrighted Microsoft images, or did you just collect them and make them into a theme? Maybe Microsoft is ripping you off too? Maybe we're ALL out to get you...

Lighten up man. Life's too short to be a whiner.

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-22 at 07:07 PM.

Last edited by ounelly70; 2008-01-22 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ounelly70 For This Useful Post:

mbrando45 (2008-01-22)

I love this theme !! If you have time, can you do me a favor though ?

Can you change the StatusBar.png so that it doesnt have those three little boxes on the right side (the grey one followed by the grey one followed by the orange one) ? I use my Bluetooth headset all the time and if the Bluetooth indicator is on, it doesn't look centered on those boxes !!

Please ?

Thanks

You bet.

I should be able to get it done this evening. I'll let you know.

Mark

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by mbrando45 View Post
    Ok, now there's no need to be childish and whiney . I said in the original post... I would love to see your "specific intructions" on how to make your dock "work". Where are these "specific intructions"?

No thank you. I am a modder, not a graphic designer. BTW, Did you create all of those copyrighted Microsoft images, or did you just collect them and make them into a theme? Maybe Microsoft is ripping you off too? Maybe we're ALL out to get you...

Lighten up man. Life's too short to be a whiner.

Mark
    OBVIOUSLY I didn't create any of this otherwise I wouln'dt have tried to do a VISTA THEME! Too bad you're just a modder, well I, as a graphic designer, fell very bad seeing how people missuse what I put together. Some of the icons I used (and now you're using) I had to clean up and redesign in some cases, the dock was a pain to put together in order to accurately resemble vista's original dock. It's not that I took a screen caputure of my desktop and paste the vista orb on my iphone. No it isn't that easy. I had to redesign everything. This takes some time and effort and seeing it wasted on some sort of badly-put-together theme makes me sad

well I guess to each its own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Azazel View Post
    well I guess to each its own.
    Indeed. Enjoy and be happy man.

mzkaye729,

Is this what you had in mind?

If not, please let me know.

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-23 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrando45 For This Useful Post:

mzkaye729 (2008-01-23)

Yes indeed!! Thanks so much!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mzkaye729 View Post
    Yes indeed!! Thanks so much!!
    Anytime!

Enjoy

Mark
    Last edited by mbrando45; 2008-01-23 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@Zen: Dude, you're not Jesus. So chill out. Whoop-de-do, you are a graphic designer. No one in here is trying to belittle you, except you. This guy just wanted to create his version of your theme. It's not that deep. You created your version of a Vista theme, why can he not?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

mbrando45 (2008-01-23)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast