Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWS for skinners! New skins =) And more =)~

loring talk to drunknbass, u should package up your theme's for his shapeshifter - i got his theme section up and running on Installer and theres 5 so far, looks promising
    Hit Thanks!

Updated main page with video haha. Its silly
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Awesome job. Just one thing.

I am using the updated NesApp (.54) and i cant seem to get it to work. Dont know if I am doing something wrong. I think it has to do with the fact that your Nes app is named nintendo and the one from natetrue's site is called NES. Any ideas let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post
    Awesome job. Just one thing.

I am using the updated NesApp (.54) and i cant seem to get it to work. Dont know if I am doing something wrong. I think it has to do with the fact that your Nes app is named nintendo and the one from natetrue's site is called NES. Any ideas let me know.
    Not sure why it wouldn't work but,You need to make sure you have the correct permissions set, and also in the localizedappnames.list file you need to make sure it has the correct origin name.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tonydrone For This Useful Post:

tommy0486 (2007-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone View Post
    Not sure why it wouldn't work but,You need to make sure you have the correct permissions set, and also in the localizedappnames.list file you need to make sure it has the correct origin name.
    Where would I find the origin name?

edit: nevermind, I found it. Now it works. thanks.
    Last edited by tommy0486; 2007-08-19 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks

Loring, quick question.. If I just want to install your themes with respective backgrounds without installing change it, what path are you using for the backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone View Post
    Loring, quick question.. If I just want to install your themes with respective backgrounds without installing change it, what path are you using for the backgrounds?
    Just install the icons like normal. They all are named the same with the exception of some.. ex demoapp has icon.png and icon2.png SBDockBG2 has SBDockBG2.png and SBDockBG2_2.png. The images are all in the package in a folder named just like a normal kit would. Just pick the ones you want. This kit only supports 16 icons so you must have added apps. to have a full skin. I'll release a new tutorial and psd kit soon =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

Hey I installed this and how do i get my battery to not say loring studios. I dont like that. I need to change it back

I figured it out. You probably should put something in here that will tell people that its going to change that. I dont think people want their phone to say Loring studios to unlock it. Pretty stupid I must say.
    Last edited by Kevin87; 2007-08-24 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh shhhhhhhhnaps! I must have accidently put the springboard.strings file in there! Ok. open the file springboard.strings in the Springboard.app/english folder in wordpad... You can scroll through and edit whatever you want. Then just put the file back in!
    Sorry. That was my file. I just forgot to remove it from the zIp

it's np man. its a great app. I am using it right now. It was just frustrating because I could not figure out how to fix it.

How many times can you say loring studios in 1 video ?

It would be better if you were just "Dave" or what ever your name is
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 2007-08-25 at 10:51 AM.

hahahaha. Hey. Its free advertising!

Default Idea for keeping theme files together
    Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    hahahaha. Hey. Its free advertising!
    You know... this app got me thinking. Have you had a look at my new iSwap? What I'm doing there in using sym links might be very applicable to what you're doing here.

For example, if all of the icon.png files were just sym links to those sitting in a /Themes/current/ directory somewhere then you could just do a mv on 2 folders and voila all of the graphics would change. Also, it would be nice to have all the theme files sitting in one place as it makes it easy to pop in a new one (without having to mess with ALL of those separate directories) each time. It would also be very possible to cycle through themes or pick specific ones.

I did a little preliminary test with making an icon.png a sym link and it worked fine.

Let me know whatcha think!

-KennX

Quote Originally Posted by princebrand View Post
    You know... this app got me thinking. Have you had a look at my new iSwap? What I'm doing there in using sym links might be very applicable to what you're doing here.

For example, if all of the icon.png files were just sym links to those sitting in a /Themes/current/ directory somewhere then you could just do a mv on 2 folders and voila all of the graphics would change. Also, it would be nice to have all the theme files sitting in one place as it makes it easy to pop in a new one (without having to mess with ALL of those separate directories) each time. It would also be very possible to cycle through themes or pick specific ones.

I did a little preliminary test with making an icon.png a sym link and it worked fine.

Let me know whatcha think!

-KennX
    Hmm I have not yet. But that sounds awesome! We should get together maybe we can work on a project that owns theme changing all together . I have some ideas. I'll take a look at it!

Thanks

Loring, if you're around these parts anymore... Think you can whip up some 3rd party app icons in this style? It would be amazing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12