Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ANIMATED Streetfighter LOCKSCREEN

see I'm not the only one. What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pear-phone View Post
    just so you know what you are missing thanks to those guys...
    It's a neat trick, and stands up on it's own. There really is no need to over sell it.

I have to say, however, that comments such as the one I quoted above makes you come across as incredibly arrogant. If you want to share with this community, then share. Don't try and taunt people... it won't have the effect you're hoping for. Instead of people admiring your work, they will think you silly and desperate.

A little humility goes a long way. The other approach simply cries "desperate for attention".

So let the work speak for itself, buddy - you're talented enough, so try it out!

All the best,

Peter
    Last edited by PeterToo; 2008-08-05 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Fixing language, typos

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeterToo View Post
    It's a neat trick, and stands up on it's own. There really is no need to over sell it.

I have to say, however, that comments such as the one I quoted above makes you come across as incredibly arrogant. If you want to share with this community, then share. Don't try and taunt people... it won't have the effect you're hoping for. Instead of people admiring your work, they will think you silly and desperate.

A little humility goes a long way. The other approach simply cries "desperate for attention".

So let the work speak for itself, buddy - you're talented enough, so try it out!

All the best,

Peter

People insulted me too much because they couldn't handle me having these ideas while they sit at home and wait till mommy comes back to tell them what to do.

That's why I wrote that stuff... I really don't have the time anymore....

People that are having problems with the downoad:

These files work for some people but not for all. Please don't ask me why. I already gave you 2 links.
    This is going to be on the installer. so it's best you wait...
    or ask somebody who aleady doewnloaded the files to upload a copy... maybe that will work better...

making .zips is just one button click, so nothing can be done wrong. It works for me every time I download it. Maybe Windows is having problems with the .zip that I created on MAC.

I really don't know..
    Last edited by Pear-phone; 2008-08-06 at 09:00 AM.

why Installer man? ul it to Customize that would be best. and can someone on Windows plz ul it plz?

Banned
    Thanks

OK try these upöoads....

I tried custumize, but I can't edit the font and the string there, so it will not be possible..

Please try the files and use the paths from the other download
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pear-phone For This Useful Post:

dubster68 (2008-08-23)

cud anyone help me... i would appreciate any replies
    i have installed the lockscreen mod and its working fine... i jus wanted to know if i cud do one thing...

wen for instance you are listening to music with artwork and the screen is locked u can see Kens character but you can also see a grey shaped pinched bar which the hadouken travels across, is it possible to make that fully transparent than having it being a grey colour?!

ps. i kno if you make it transparent it would make the KO visible at all times on the wallpaper but i really dont mind that

I only see an apple logo as the s2u text.

I get everything except for the animated fireball.

my slider no longer says 'slide to unlock'- it now has an apple logo that's all the way to the right about 2 pixels to the left of where it says "KO". Also the 'KO' is constantly visible not like how it is in the posted video. When I look under the system strings in customize apple logos are next to alarm lock, unlock, and slide 911 instead of text.

I put everything in the designated folders and its still not working after a few tries.

I can see the animation when it gets to the apple logo on the screen but only a flash for that one instance. I tried changing the text customize under edit strings but it will not change it still stays the same
    Last edited by kadernal; 2008-08-24 at 07:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

make sure your font is set to Helvetica.
    If you are using Kate please disable SystemFont.

make sure the Helvetica.ttf was changed....
    the Font provided in the download should be placed in
    /System/Library/Fonts/Cache/...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pear-phone For This Useful Post:

kadernal (2008-08-25)

Thanks given, font was not under cash only in fonts. love this mod keep it up!

anyone get this to work on 2.1 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    anyone get this to work on 2.1 yet?
    not me... it does not animate, it just changes my wallpaper. Is there a known issue with this and 2.1 then?

Other than the folders with all the names of where to paste the files, there was one DSStore file in the root of the zip, where does that go?

Thanks

well i had the same problem with the apple logo over the slide to unlock text the first time i tried to get this work using firmware 1.1.4, but i jus got the text font and replaced it again and it worked for me although i used the text font from a different folder...
    i will attach it and put a download link from external site so that people can check it out and see if it works.

so im not sure if it will work on 2.x.x but let me kno if it is of any help

download link: zSHARE - Helvetica.ttf
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry i was impatient, it worked fine on 2.1 once i'd restarted the iphone. had a scary moment where all of my 1st page springboard icons disappeared but a restart fixed it.
    Just out of interest if I want to remove this do I just set a different image as lock screen wallpaper and thats it, or do I need to reinstall the files that I replaced on installation?

thats pretty cool

great! Could this be available through cydia?

you ever gonna update this for WinterBoard on 2.1?

Banned
    Thanks

as soon as my iPhone comes back from repair....

My Display was broken...

have you made any other animated lock screens? Love this one but can see myself getting bored with it eventually.

Also some people have said they effect battery life but I cant see how this is so. You dont know do you?

hmm my phone seems very slow since ive installed this. Im nto sure if it this that is causing it or a rogue app. Anyone had experience of slowing down? WHen i unlock and push a springboard icon it registers as a press and hold and the icons start to wiggle. highly annoying!

What is the best way to remove this lockscreen?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast