Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Theme! Retro80's

Default New Theme! Retro80's
    This is the 80's I remember. Nothing more than tube socks and primative technology. I wanted something from my childhood so I made this SB theme. Im not an expert at photoshop, but I did my best. If anyone wants to improve on it, be my guest. And if you want any more icons not in the package, just let me know and I'll do my best. Add the old school dialer and the old school calculator skin, and you got the whole package.

Available in the Download section!

Last edited by zwiller5; 2007-12-14 at 01:36 PM. Reason: photos didnt work

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

wow that icon for calculator takes me way back.. lol, I use to have one... good job man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very cool!!! The installer icon makes me remember my C64 days

omg.. that walkman for ipod is just amazing!!

One of the hottest new themes hands down!

BWAHAHAHA this has got to be one of the funnest themes i have seen in a while. Everything is just so.........80's...... hahaha good job on the theme and icons bro.

Thanks

REQUEST: any way we can get this without the beige squares behind the icon pics?

I'm not feeling the 80s without a little Max (and not the grody-to-the kind).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbrn View Post
    REQUEST: any way we can get this without the beige squares behind the icon pics?
    I originally did it that way, but I thought it looked cluttered and not uniformed at all. Itd be quite a task to trace around all the objects and paste them on a new icon, so if you want to take it on, go for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwiller5 View Post
    I originally did it that way, but I thought it looked cluttered and not uniformed at all. Itd be quite a task to trace around all the objects and paste them on a new icon, so if you want to take it on, go for it.

ahh, didn't know if you still had them as psd's in layers so I could just hide the bottom layer... hmmm, ill see what i can do

Thanks

That would be awesome...

Yes, would love this with just the pics in the icons, not the square. You got some really nice choices there!

Love this one but no Video one How about an old Betamax VCR? Also maybe gpsPhone and SCummVM? Don't have the skills myself but when you get a good theme like this you want all the icons don't you?

ahh, didn't know if you still had them as psd's in layers so I could just hide the bottom layer... hmmm, ill see what i can do
    Yeah, I guess that would have been the smart thing to do. That comes from my inexperience with photoshop. Sorry. Thanks for the tip though.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKid View Post
    Love this one but no Video one How about an old Betamax VCR? Also maybe gpsPhone and SCummVM? Don't have the skills myself but when you get a good theme like this you want all the icons don't you?
    I'll work on them. Glad you like it.
    Last edited by zwiller5; 2007-12-18 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PCKid, Heres the first two. Im unfamiliar with the third one, so if you have any ideas and the file name that shows up on the phone, I'll make it for ya.

ScummVM (that's the png name too) is a multi platform Emulator that plays all the old point and click Adventure games like Monkey Island, King's Quest, Police Quest etc. Sierra and Lucas Arts were the best at them. No good ideas for the icon. Maybe an old Fairy Tale Book look Many Thanks for these 2. Knocked them out pretty quick. Mucho Imressivo
    Last edited by PCKid; 2007-12-18 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks

How about Search and Toggle icons? Thanks

Default Different Wallpaper
    I like the original wallpaper in the theme but was googling for an alternative and found this version which is much lighter. Thought I'd share it. Hope the author doesn't mind :P)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpaper.png  

Quote Originally Posted by PCKid View Post
    I like the original wallpaper in the theme but was googling for an alternative and found this version which is much lighter. Thought I'd share it. Hope the author doesn't mind :P)
    yeah, thats where I got it from. I just made the background brown, because I just remember alot of brown in the eighties. But do what you will with this theme. Make it your own 80s. I'll help where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by chispito View Post
    How about Search and Toggle icons? Thanks
    I got search from installer, but cant find toggle. If you can just find the icon png, that'll do too.
    Last edited by zwiller5; 2007-12-18 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heres Search and ScummVM icons

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zwiller5 For This Useful Post:

PCKid (2007-12-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast