Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Star Trek LCARS Summerboard Theme

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Star Trek LCARS Summerboard Theme
    Hi all
    I thought I would come up with a Star Trek LCARS theme. I saw one or two posted here, but it seemed like they never got to a finished stage. (sorry if I'm wrong!) Screenshots are attached. If you want to give it a try, download it here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1656

12/17/2007 - UPDATE: I updated the zip file. See the download page for more info.

It's a summerboard theme, so copy it into your Summerbaod/Themes folder and load it via Summerboard. Please see the readme file for details.

Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback. The dilema is this: The theme uses icons that fit together like a puzzle. It works fine on the standard home screen buttons. The problem is the dynamic nature of the fourth row of icons. If it's a virgin setup, the iTunes icon is on the right. If it's got any apps added, the iTunes icon moves to the left, and there's no way of knowing which apps are installed (and therefore, which icons are displayed in the 4th row!) My workaround was to turn on "Skip Last Row" in Summerboard and provide a wallpaper to fill in the blank area. Of course, then that wallpaper is still displayed when you scroll to the 2nd screen, and then it looks like a mess. If you turn the wallpaper off in Summerboard, there's a big blank area in place of the 4th row, which isn't so bad, but detracts from the look of the theme. I included screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. (3rd and 4th pictures)

How would the rest of you handle this? Any feedback? Try it out and let me know. Once it's polished, and if people seem to want it, I'll submit it to be included in Installer.
    Thanks, and enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -full.jpg   -unlock-screen.jpg   -nowallapaper.jpg   -2ndscreen.jpg  
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 2007-12-18 at 04:44 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iwasnevy For This Useful Post:

kmarkcrazy (2009-04-12), Pittbull (2007-12-19)

Looks like a lot of potential. I'd like to try to use this but I've made lots of changes to icon order. I don't remember what went where....can you list that in the read me? Keep working on it---love the idea!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for the feedback. The virgin icon order, left to right, starting at the top: SMS, calendar, photos, camera, youtube, stocks, maps, weather, clock, calculator, notes, settings. The 4th row has the iTunes music store icon on the right side. In the dock, it's phone, mail, safari and iPod. I'll get this added to the readme.

Readme updated!
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 2007-12-11 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i like you idea~~cool

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oper For This Useful Post:

iwasnevy (2007-12-18)

This is great. I have an old LCARS theme from digitalkid56, who has since left the forum (see attached screenshot), but it was an early version and he never finished it. Also, the icon order had to be radically rearranged to use it, so I don't do so very often (I like changing themes from time to time).

Thanks again - keep up the good work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-lcars-small-.jpg  
    Last edited by ddenson; 2007-12-11 at 03:13 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ddenson For This Useful Post:

iwasnevy (2007-12-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    that's the theme that inspired me, although I found it too cluttered looking and not quite true to the lcars panels from star trek. Anyone have any suggestions for improving mine? I feel that mine is a little too cluttered to find what you're looking for. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ddenson View Post
    This is great. I have an old LCARS theme from digitalkid56, who has since left the forum (see attached screenshot), but it was an early version and he never finished it. Also, the icon order had to be radically rearranged to use it, so I don't do so very often (I like changing themes from time to time).

Thanks again - keep up the good work!
    Anyone have a place to download this theme?? I like both lcars themes anc want to have them both on the phone.

Thanks
    2.2 pwned!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miketbone20 For This Useful Post:

ddenson (2007-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by miketbone20 View Post
    Anyone have a place to download this theme?? I like both lcars themes anc want to have them both on the phone.

Thanks
    Here you go (although I prefer iwasnevy's version):

http://rapidshare.com/files/75903778/LCARS2.zip.html

Thanks for making this, I have been waiting for a new one for a long time...
    Its great that I can use the last four icons for whatever I want. I hid the rest with customize, so I only have one page of icons, then I use the dock app to scroll thru the rest and launch whatever.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mojojojo For This Useful Post:

iwasnevy (2007-12-18)

DUDE!!! THIS THEME IS AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Open up a PayPal account for donations! You're getting $10 bucks from me IMMEDIATELY!

Great work on the theme. I just have two suggestions:

1) Instead of NOTES icon, put LOGS
    2) can you provide the Photoshop file for this? I'd love to use it and make some more Icons

P.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to peconi For This Useful Post:

iwasnevy (2007-12-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peconi View Post
    DUDE!!! THIS THEME IS AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Open up a PayPal account for donations! You're getting $10 bucks from me IMMEDIATELY!

Great work on the theme. I just have two suggestions:

1) Instead of NOTES icon, put LOGS
    2) can you provide the Photoshop file for this? I'd love to use it and make some more Icons

P.
    Thanks for the suggestions - I changed the NOTES to LOGS, and while I was in there, changed a color that had been bugging me.

lol - People offering me money...I love it! Anyone else?

I PM'd you on the rest
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 2007-12-18 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks mate

And cmon guys, all of you who like Star Trek, LCARS, etc ... Offer some cash now: money transfers at warp speed are enabled...

Make it so!

new download is not working. or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by iwasnevy View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions - I changed the NOTES to LOGS, and while I was in there, changed a color that had been bugging me.
    I actually prefer the contrast of the old color, so I just updated my notes icon. IMHO the problem with the new color is that it is the same as much of the text, so the text stands out less - which to me is a problem as the stocks and calculator icons are difficult to spot to begin with. Just my .02

Thanks for a great theme!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I kinda agree with you about the color. Anyone else? Like the orange or prefer the yellow? THe yellow was buggin me because you just don't see that color yellow on the real LCARS panels, or at least, I didn't think it looked right. Opinions?

There are several sites showing the "correct" LCARS layouts and colors - lcarscom.net is good, but http://www.lcars.org.uk/ has alot of good color and layout information, as well as http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcars24/ . Both have the yellow color...

Great theme, iwasnevy. Keep up the great work!

I converted my phone to LCARs a while back. Coming up with those sort of theme is hard because the icons need to be specifically ordered to make it look really good. Beyond that, they need to be logically placed as well. The icon order I used is based on my app-usage. The arrangement of the LCARs is less-than-accurate but I made it to look cool and use as little lettering as possible (which is why you can see very un-LCARs icons worked in there).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2121020792_e727fd9d7f_o-1-.jpg   -2121021542_5589a98f9f_o-1-.jpg   -2120245707_8317670313_o-1-.jpg  
    Last edited by Sp00ns; 2007-12-18 at 07:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddenson View Post
    There are several sites showing the "correct" LCARS layouts and colors - lcarscom.net is good, but http://www.lcars.org.uk/ has alot of good color and layout information, as well as http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcars24/ . Both have the yellow color...
    thanks - i think i mis-spoke when i said the yellow wasnt in there as I actually used those sites as reference when building this theme and that's where I initially got the yellow from. The different color schemes were all designated for the different ships systems, and trying to translate that and the "proper" layout into the iPhone proved to be an exersise (sp?) in futility! The yellow was for tertiary systems (?) and was part of an entire yellow layout which used a couple different shades and a grey, if i remember right. In the end, i just went with what I thought looked good. If I really followed an lcars panel, the theme would (should) be all one color scheme (all hues of only yellows, oranges, blues etc), but to me, it looked too "flat" and then i couldn't decide on one color scheme, so I mixed and matched. The more I look at it, the more I think I liked the yellow better. Sooo... Do I change it back or not? Anyone?
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 2007-12-18 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasnevy View Post
    Sooo... Do I change it back or not? Anyone?
    1 vote for the yellow - that's how I've kept mine anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    LOL - ok, it's back to yellow. After looking at both, I, too like the yellow better. Download page is updated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast