Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final Fantasy VII theme for Summerboard

Default Final Fantasy VII theme for Summerboard
    Hey guys,

Just finished my second theme.

Final Fantasy VII for summerboard.

Please leave a comment of what you think!

i uploaded it in the download section, i just have to wait till it is approved!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ffvii-1.jpg   -ffvii-2.jpg  
    Last edited by jellyfish; 2007-12-05 at 02:33 PM.

not bad. a few suggestions if i may.

add a stroke and bevel or something to make a border around the icons. it'll make it look much cleaner. same thing with the dock. in face for the dock you might consider using something transparent that let's wallpaper come through instead of having a graphic for the dock.

just a couple suggestions. keep it up! the more you play with photoshop the better you will get.
    My Installer Source for themes, wallpapers, and keyboards: http://www.apogeeltd.com

thnx for the compliments!

ok can you tell me how to do this?
    the transparent dock isn't a problem i think, but how do i make borders around the icons?

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcomfort View Post
    not bad. a few suggestions if i may.

add a stroke and bevel or something to make a border around the icons. it'll make it look much cleaner. same thing with the dock. in face for the dock you might consider using something transparent that let's wallpaper come through instead of having a graphic for the dock.

just a couple suggestions. keep it up! the more you play with photoshop the better you will get.
    Thnx for the compliment!

The transparent dock isn't a problem i think, but how do i make borders around the icons?
    Last edited by jellyfish; 2007-12-05 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    thnx for the compliments!

the transparent dock isn't a problem i think, but how do i make borders around the icons?

Thnx for the compliment!

The transparent dock isn't a problem i think, but how do i make borders around the icons?
    well there's many ways. it's all about what kind of style you're going for.

probably the easiest way is gonna be to add a stroke effect to the layer. and then a bevel/emboss effect. if you're not sure how to do that, google is your friend

but there's tons of ways to make your theme nice and unique. just hit those tutorials and i guarantee you'll see something and say "hey! that would look sweet on a theme" or something to that affect.

i also forgot to say, good job on those rounded corners. they look real nice. it's pretty easy to make em pixalated. also one more tip that i find helpful. when making a theme, save each icon on it's own psd. helps prevent eff-ups
    Last edited by chemicalcomfort; 2007-12-06 at 09:03 AM.
    My Installer Source for themes, wallpapers, and keyboards: http://www.apogeeltd.com