Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retro Dialer in customize?

Default Retro Dialer in customize?
    just like the title says,is there any way to load up Mr. Sparkle's retro dialer in customize?my guess is it's too involved what with a different LCD and all that..i know that customize makes it to where you can add calculator LCDs and everything but i know that was only after a separate string or whatever was created.i guess the normal dialers only have the background image and change one file,whereas the retro dialer changes more than one since the buttons actually push in..i'm just wondering if there's a way to add this to customize so i can change back and forth on the fly.i've also seen a thread or 2 of people having problems UNinstalling the retro dialer and i just didnt want to come across too many problems.any opinions appreciated! thanks in advance,guys!
    -frank

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

As of right now, you can only use that dialer if you manually put it on your phone. Not sure what system you are using or how you are putting stuff on your phone, but I am using a mac and iFuntastic. iFuntastic allows you to back up the original files then you can replace them with the retro dialer. If you want to go back to the original, you just hit restore. This is the only way that I am aware of right now. Customize took the dialers off the latest update because they weren't working with the new firmware.

well,after playing around with photoshop,easy dialer and the files in the actual retrophone image set i managed to make a knock-off of the dialer that'll work with customize..no,the buttons dont push in when you press them and no,the LCD is still the stock style one that came with the iphone..but it suits me and i dont have to dump a bunch of files into the mobile phone app and i can change it on the fly with customize it's a bit sloppy (most noticeably at the call button) but it works and i think looks good enough to keep.here's a screenshot for anyone who cares
    frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -payphone.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod54chevy View Post
    well,after playing around with photoshop,easy dialer and the files in the actual retrophone image set i managed to make a knock-off of the dialer that'll work with customize..no,the buttons dont push in when you press them and no,the LCD is still the stock style one that came with the iphone..but it suits me and i dont have to dump a bunch of files into the mobile phone app and i can change it on the fly with customize it's a bit sloppy (most noticeably at the call button) but it works and i think looks good enough to keep.here's a screenshot for anyone who cares
    frank
    where in customize is the file or under what name , pls let me know thx

yeah where? I'd like 2 get that 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod54chevy View Post
    just like the title says,is there any way to load up Mr. Sparkle's retro dialer in customize?my guess is it's too involved what with a different LCD and all that..i know that customize makes it to where you can add calculator LCDs and everything but i know that was only after a separate string or whatever was created.i guess the normal dialers only have the background image and change one file,whereas the retro dialer changes more than one since the buttons actually push in..i'm just wondering if there's a way to add this to customize so i can change back and forth on the fly.i've also seen a thread or 2 of people having problems UNinstalling the retro dialer and i just didnt want to come across too many problems.any opinions appreciated! thanks in advance,guys!
    -frank
    I made my own knock off of this and it looks good.

I just put it up on Cydia and am waiting for it to be hosted:
    It will be called "A Better Version of the Retro Dialer".

Manual install here.