Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guitar Hero TapTapRevolution Mod (iPhone/iPod Touch)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Guitar Hero TapTapRevolution Mod (iPhone/iPod Touch)
    I made a quick Guitar Hero mod for TapTap Revolution, the rhythm game which uses your own music for the iPhone and iPod touch. Instructions for installation are in the .zip

Due to some of the technical limitations of the game (the way it's been coded), certain aspects from the actual Guitar Hero have changed, but the basic look has hopefully been captured.

Also, I do have the flames shoot up when the notes are hit, and I redid the hit, miss and perfect readouts, but I cant get the phone to take a screenshot fast enough. If anyone can, feel free to put up a picture.

Thanks for the screen Doreen

Have fun!

Download
    Digg It!
    Last edited by Gyroxide; 2007-11-25 at 01:54 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gyroxide For This Useful Post:

iRascal (2008-10-27), Marasmus (2007-12-13), skydad (2007-11-21)

someone else made one that did have the flames shoot up.

The "background" is a psd format not a png? I had to convert it. Is there anywya that the falling circles can be the apporpriate colors (green, red, blue) versus all green? This is totally sick - great job!
    Last edited by skydad; 2007-11-21 at 06:27 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skydad For This Useful Post:

Gyroxide (2007-11-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skydad View Post
    The "background" is a psd format not a png? I had to convert it. Is there anywya that the falling circles can be the apporpriate colors (green, red, blue) versus all green? This is totally sick - great job!
    Thanks for picking up on that! I dont know why I accidentally switched the files. Its updated now.

Unfortunately there is no way to switch the color of the circles for each line, the game only supports one kind of marker, and I had to choose the color I thought would work best. You can open up that file and change the color if you want.

Its fine the way it is - sick job and thanks again. Maybe a GHIII theme and icons as your next project?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Screenshot in action...
    Thanks for the mod you did a great job! Here's a ss of it in action for you to post since you said you were a slow poke and couldn't grab it in action. =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -003.jpg  

sorry, this one isnt released yet, but i like how the guitar lines match up with the tap's
    GUITAR HERO III
    im using your btw right now, its great!!!

This is fresh man big props

Just a note to every one do not play this game at a red light

nice job man

one side note on TTR

Does anyone else have this problem?: After playing a song from itunes library and exiting, the game gets stuck on "Downloading, please wait"

great skin regardless

Cheers,
    Henry

Luv it, absolutely luv it

happends to me to sometimes (dont have this theme)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMEHNRY View Post
    nice job man

one side note on TTR

Does anyone else have this problem?: After playing a song from itunes library and exiting, the game gets stuck on "Downloading, please wait"

great skin regardless

Cheers,
    Henry

Default how to install guitar hero ?
    hi , help needed to install guitar hero on my ipod touch , tried but app dun show up in my ipod ...HELP !!!

Thanks

yea mine gets stuck when i press exit....but it did that before i downloaded this theme.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    yea mine gets stuck when i press exit....but it did that before i downloaded this theme.
    Yeah thats a glitch with TTR itself, this theme is only a cosmetic change.

hi , can some kind soul help mi ? i juz downloaded Guitar Hero BUT i can't seem to to install frm the instructions i seen frm the README file , ani one can kindly give mi step by step on how to get it done ? Much help is appreciated !!! Thks...

I changed it and I fricken love it!!! Now can't wait for the GHIII Theme!!!!
    If they're old enough to cross the street, they're old enough to get banged!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by magsbadboy View Post
    I changed it and I fricken love it!!! Now can't wait for the GHIII Theme!!!!
    I am not doing a Summerboard theme unfortunately, I dont have enough time. Someone else can have a crack at it.

Also, included in the set is a new alternate icon by Dustin, which I think looks awesome. So choose whichever you like, name it icon.png, then drag it over to your TTR.app folder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I installed your mod and then changed the app name of TTR to GuitarHero and the app no longer ran correctly, so I renamed it back to TTR and everything started to work again. How can I rename TTR to GuitarHero and have everything still run properly?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    I installed your mod and then changed the app name of TTR to GuitarHero and the app no longer ran correctly, so I renamed it back to TTR and everything started to work again. How can I rename TTR to GuitarHero and have everything still run properly?
    You cannot do that, the issues that come up from changing the name of the app are directly in the code. Unless Nate True went back to recode it and change all instances of TTR.app to Guitar Hero.app, you wont be able to rename it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast