Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **Glass Orb By ToyVan** WinterBoard Theme

Does anyone have the green wallpaper for glass orb that is in Winterboard in the screenshot/more info section? I can't find it anywhere..........

Sorry for asking this question.. It may be very basic.. how do i change the background.. I can't do it through winterboard.. I need to put some bright wallpaper for the icons to be effective.

Thanks in advance

It depends, a simple way is to set your wallpaper on the phone to the background you want. Make sure in winterboard you do these two things: check off user wallpaper; move 'user wallpaper' above your theme in winterboard. If it's not set above your current theme in winterboard, your wallpaper, even if it's checked off, won't load except on the lock screen.

If you want to be able to have a different user lock screen than your springboard background then you need to change the wallpaper in the glass orb theme. SSH into your phone and go to: library/themes/Glass Orb theme and then replace the wallpaper.png there with whatever wallpaper you want. Make sure it's named exactly the same as the wallpaper currently in the theme.
    Last edited by dublgrace; 2008-11-03 at 05:39 PM.

Hey!!

I can't find these icons... Can someone upload these icons???
    21 PRO Sponsored
    300 Bowl
    Anaconda
    Audi A4
    Beatmaker
    BiiBal
    Bloomberg
    CheckPlease
    ChimpsLite
    Coin Flip
    CONVERTeR
    Cro-Mag
    Cube Runner
    aSleep
    Dice
    drummer
    eartscape
    Easy Relax
    Ernie Els 08
    Firemail
    GraphCalc
    Fourfree
    FS5 Hockey
    GuitarToolkit
    iDoodle2lite
    iBowl
    iBaseball
    iGolf
    iGraffiti
    iPint
    JellyCar
    Labytinth LE
    Lux Touch
    MazeFinger
    midomi
    Moonlight lite
    NYTimes
    Pianist
    Pinball RC
    Pole Position
    Remote
    ShoppingList
    Sudoku Daily
    Summit
    Tap Tap
    Teletekst
    fring
    WiFinder
    ABGroups
    Banner
    BlocksClassic
    Debugger
    Gazette
    iBall3D
    iSilo
    Recorder
    Naboko
    Google Earth
    FakeCalls
    Box.net

Thank You!!

Thanks

I hate to be taking people's time by asking them to make me icons for this theme so I was wonder if there is anyway for someone to post a template?

Are these icons difficult to make? I have little to no experience with creation of things like this, but I think I could make some if someone could give me a direction and jumping off point.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Carbonflyber; 2008-11-04 at 03:00 AM.
    - Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    - Jailbroken 3.1 FW

Try searching for a free program called Gimp (it's like photoshop). I just downloaded a theme (black badge) and the dev had a demo.png in the icon folder that was the template for the icons. I had a friend custom make an icon for me via photoshop. But anyway, I have seen Gimp tutorials online for making icons. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dublgrace For This Useful Post:

Carbonflyber (2008-11-04)

Hey your theme looks cool, I love it
    how do i install your theme onto my Iphone 3g? I am sorry i am totally new to this

Thanks

Thanks for the help dublgrace. I decided to use Photoshop CS3 to edit some icons. Here is my first shot at icons for a theme. I hope they aren't too bad.

Icons are for.....

Neuro
    Now Playing
    Shazam
    Bible
    Brightkite
    Remote
    Epocrates Rx
    Marple

Feedback is welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    - Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    - Jailbroken 3.1 FW

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carbonflyber For This Useful Post:

clarebze (2009-03-14), dublgrace (2008-11-04)

Wow, you did awesome, Carbonflyer! Your icons look great! I am particularly happy to see the bible icon; I have been using the 3 stacked books and haven't cared for that at all! You just made my day; if i can' figure out how to 'thank you', I will, but if not, I will 'say' thank you very much!!! Again, you did awesome!

Thanks

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words! Here are a few more. I have finally finished all of the icons that I need. I might do some more later. This is kinda fun.

Here they are......

Marple (redone from the last one)
    WbApp
    Level
    Phonesaber
    Twitterrific
    - Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    - Jailbroken 3.1 FW

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carbonflyber For This Useful Post:

earroyo (2008-11-04)

Quote Originally Posted by mesallem View Post
    hey does anyone know where to get the wallpaper where it looks like a long exposure shot of traffic or lasers or something?
    Should be the one you're looking for below

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterpig View Post
    Thank you for getting it up onto Cydia working a treat, but I notice now only the 1 style of Wallpaper. Are we able to change it the colors and if so how please?

Thank you..
    To change wallpaper, open cydia and make sure 'user wallpaper' is checked and slide it above my theme. You can then choose any wallpaper or image you like....

Quote Originally Posted by rubosthebestos View Post
    Hey,

I tried to instal this theme, but my Cydia came up with:
    Source Error MD5Sum mismatch!
    What to do??
    I really want this theme for the iPod, I just so it on Cydia,
    For Glass Orb iPod!
    What can i do to fix the Source Error???
    Some help, please!
    Keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by dublgrace View Post
    Does anyone have the green wallpaper for glass orb that is in Winterboard in the screenshot/more info section? I can't find it anywhere..........

Here it is below...

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonflyber View Post
    I hate to be taking people's time by asking them to make me icons for this theme so I was wonder if there is anyway for someone to post a template?

Are these icons difficult to make? I have little to no experience with creation of things like this, but I think I could make some if someone could give me a direction and jumping off point.

Thanks a lot.
    The blank 'orb' image has already been posted somewhere in this thread before, but here it is again. As long as you have an image editing software like photoshop, then it is very easy to make your own icons...cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpaper_lights.png   -wallpaper_green.png  

15. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

dublgrace (2008-11-05)

P.S. I have went through all the threads in this post and gathered all the icons that have been made up-to-date by forum users, (thanks!), and have added them to the ones I have already made. There are over 300 total! Look for an update of this theme for both iPod touch and iPhone on Cydia later this week.

P.S.S. For those of you who are making request lists of 20+ icons for apps, please be patient and be mindful that it takes time to make these icons. And be sure to thank those people who are offering there time and creativity to provide them for you. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Samar View Post
    Hey your theme looks cool, I love it
    how do i install your theme onto my Iphone 3g? I am sorry i am totally new to this

Open Cydia and search for "glass orb", install and select theme in WinterBoard (I'm assuming you already have winterboard installed)...that's all!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2008-11-04 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

dublgrace (2008-11-05)

Here's a couple from me, am still learning and playing but getting there..

Shazaam, Lightsaber & 2 different WiFi Toggles.

Thanks to toyvan for such a great theme..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooterpig For This Useful Post:

Carbonflyber (2008-11-04)

Thanks

Wow scooterpig, I like your lightsaber icon a lot better than mine! Thanks for posting it up!
    - Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    - Jailbroken 3.1 FW

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Here it is below...
    Thanks so much, ToyVan! I love this theme and the wallapaper set with it. I fiddled with the brightness of the green wallpaper and I felt so stupid when I realized I could completely change from the rust to the green all in one file! I LOVED how you created this out of numbers! That is so cool. Thanks again for emailing this to me and posting it here. Your work is truly appreciated!!!!!!

Default Some Icons.
    Just contributing,

here are some icons i made for my need:

I did a fix on the fring icon, now the fring image is below the orb and the shine is visible.

You guys should try the new beta CopierciN, it can copy and paste any text in ur iphone, great app, i can now forward sms, contacts, etc.

and also Palringo icon if anyone needs it....
    Last edited by effele; 2008-11-06 at 03:18 AM. Reason: adding my signature

Quote Originally Posted by effele View Post
    Just contributing,

here are some icons i made for my need:

I did a fix on the fring icon, now the fring image is below the orb and the shine is visible.
    I did the same fix myself....a small little detail, but it makes a big difference... Thanks 4 the contributions!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

effele (2008-11-07)

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I did the same fix myself....a small little detail, but it makes a big difference... Thanks 4 the contributions!
    No, no, Thanks to you mate for making my iPhone a pleasure to look @.

Hi one question, how come below my nickname in this forum: "effele" says "What's Jailbreak?", how do I change that?
    Last edited by effele; 2008-11-06 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can someone explain how to make an icon using the blank.png provided? I have Gimp but dont really know to much about it and wanted to know how do you change the color to grey like the ones provided..

Thanks..

Im not sure about Gimp but im using fireworks, all i do is select the image and click commands then creative then Convert to Grayscale, with that u will get the grey image then u must put the provided blank orb image over it and save it as .png.

Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast