Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 And 1.1.2 BAR DIALER TUTORIAL (MAC)

Default 1.1.1 And 1.1.2 BAR DIALER TUTORIAL (MAC)
    THANKS GOES TO Armadillo for his program and MOST of the instructions!!! And some goes to me, but only a little. THANKS Armadillo

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON 1.1.2 AND HAS WORKED SUCCESSFULLY, AS FOR 1.1.1, IT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED BUT SHOULD WORK, CAUSE BOTH UPDATES WORK OFF OF THE .ARTWORK FILE.
    I AM NOR ANYBODY ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOUR IPHONE. PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS, JUST REMEMBER YOUR TAKING A RISK.

THIS WILL TAKE 15 TO 45 MIN, JUST DEPENDS IF YOUR GOOD WITH COMPUTERS OR NOT.

OK PROGRAMS THAT YOU WILL NEED:
    1)Armadillo's Artwork Program (Bottom of Page, 1st Download)
    2)Iphoneshop-JAR-0.4 (Bottom of page, Second Download)
    3)ImageWell 3.3 ( or a program that will resize your picture, find on internet, GOOGLE)
    4)FUGU 1.2.0 (sftp or whatever you call it program, find it on internet GOOGLE)
    5)(ALSO INSTALL OPEN SSH AND BSD SUBSYSTEM IN YOUR IPHON UNDER INSTALLER)
    6)YOU WILL ALSO NEED A BAR DIALER .ARTWORK FILE YOU CAN USE Aqwoah Dialer 1.1.1 IF YOU WOULD LIKE. (Also downloadable, go here: http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1298)

MAYBE 7) ALSO THIS THREAD SHOWS YOU HOW TO TAKE SOMEONES CREATED PNG BAR DIALER AND INSTALL IT, theres one downloadable below with megan fox for download, HOTTIE!! ( get those off this website in the downloads area if you dont want to use megan fox)

Ok so to do this you need all of those programs and stuff! ok here we go:
    STEPS:
    1) DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING

2) Extract Armadillo's Artwork Program anywhere on the desktop and DONT open it!

3) Make a new folder on the desktop and call it iphoneShop, and now move the other program called iphoneshop-0.4.jar into that folder.

4)Now before you can mod any png files that are bundled with the .artwork file, you must extract the .artwork file(which in this case were using Aqwoah Dialer 1.1.1). To do this extract Aqwoah Dialer 1.1.1 zip folder to a new folder on the desktop and take the .artwork file thats now in that new folder and drag it onto Armadillo's artwork applet on the desktop. It will then extract a folder called pngs from your .artwork file you used to the iphoneshop folder which you created on the desktop. The pngs folder contains all of the png (picture files), and now you can mod them any way you like!

MOST IMPORTANT STEP BELOW

STEP 6) THE PICTURE YOU WANT FOR YOUR BAR DIALER.
    Ok so say you want megan foxx as the background or whatever picture you want, just make sure you got the bar dialer from the download section from this website. Go to png # 30 in the pngs folder, which is in the iphonshop folder that was created on the desktop. THe png #30 file should be the default bar dialer image for that .artwork file (the default image is the image where you can dial someones phone number, take a look and preview it). Right click on #30 and and press get info, and the default Dimensions should be 320 x 273. Take your picture and resize it in imagewell 3.3 or whatever program you want to size it in, just make sure you resize it. Once its resized, save it to the desktop (in imagewell 3.3, theres no save button just drag the image when done to the desktop) Ok now its on the desktop, go back to the pngs folder and go to png #30 and copy the name (the name is: MobilePhonePackedImages-30.png and make your file that name by pasting it.

One more thing, take that MobilePhonePackedImages-30.png that u made (the picture that you want as the background) and copy it, then create a new folder on the desktop and paste it in there. Go in that folder and rename that file to "DefaultDialer", then take it and drag it to image well 3.3 and resize it to, witdth320, height460, after that just drag the new rezised image from the program imagewell 3.3 to the desktop and leave it there, we will deal with it later

OK TAKE A DEEP A BREATH WERE GETTING CLOSE

OK now take your #30 png file that you made, and copy and paste it into the pngs folder and press overwrite. Now take the # 30 PNG file thats on the desktop and change the # 30 to #31. Now copy and paste it in the pngs folder and overwrite it. (just to let you know when you rename #30 to #31 file that you made and overwrite it in the pngs folder for #30 and #31, its tottaly fine but you know when you press a number on your iphone and it lights up?, well since your using the same picture for #30 and #31 that wont work, but to me it looks great still, however, if you want to take the time to make another picture so that your numbers glow when you press them, then go for it. Just make your picture and name it MobilePhonePackedImages-31.png and overwrite it in the pngs folder).

STEP 7

OK now take that pngs folder and drag it to Armadillo's Artwork Program app on the desktop, then the .artwork file in your iphoneshop folder will be created(its the same .artwork file you extracted.... Armadillo's Artwork Program overwrites it when you drag the pngs folder to it) ok were done with that

TAKE A BREATHER

Step 8
    Open fugu 1.2.0, and put the iphone ip adress in "Connect to" (you can find that in the iphones settings, then wifi, and then the network you connected) then in username put "root", and in port, put "22". THen press connect. After that it will ask for you password, its "alpine". Once there go to the drop down box menu(in the program), and click the hard drive, after that click "aplications" and then click "mobilephone.app." Ok there you will drag and drop the .artwork file you created, and overwrite the original( if you want you can copy the orgingal, and keep it as a backup, i didnt though, haha.... ok now one more thing take that defaultdialer image we created earlier.

Step 9:
    drag and drop default dialer image in that same folder in fugu(mobilephone.app) and overwrite it.

Step 10
    Exit program turn off iphone and then turn back on. WA LAH

P.S. THIS TOOK A LONG TIME TO WRITE HAHA, BUT IF ANYTHING IS WRONG OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST REPLY, ILL CHECK EVERY SO OFTEN AND SEE IF IT NEEDS SOME EDITING WILL IT PROBABLY WILL. THANKS AND THIS IS MY FIRST TUTORIAL.

THANKS EVERYONE YOUR AWESOME
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to opiidol For This Useful Post:

exNavy (2007-12-19)

This looks awesome! Too bad I have a PC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Webnasty For This Useful Post:

opiidol (2007-11-15)

i have a version 1.1.1 & tried changing my dialer to aqwoah. i had a retro dialer for quite awhile so decided to change.. my problem now is everytime i press even 1 digit, it crashes & goes back to main menu. can someone help me pls! thanks in advance!

I'm glad I found this thread, I thought hope was lost since 1.1.1. For those of you that are visually oriented I have an alternate guide that will simplify this process a bit. It's actually very easy to do this.
    Hmm...

parts of this need updating, since I have now released ArtWorker. See this thread:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21585
    Come visit AlohaSoft