Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First attempt - a "steampunk" theme, v1.

Default First attempt - a "steampunk" theme, v1.
    Hi All,

First attempt at making an icon set here. I was inspired to do something with a "steampunk" feel after trying out dowdlemj's Gatsby mods, which are fantastic. The only things missing from that set were icons, and I think that these complement his work nicely, particularly his battery meters, although these can certainly be used on their own as well. Thanks also to DigitalKid, whose plist I appropriated for the positioning - hope that's cool!

Again, first attempt here, so please let me know what you think. If anyone likes them, I'd love to make them available in the downloads section - I assume that it's as simple as clicking on the "add file" button and uploading a .zip?

Approved and can download here: Click Me!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mockup.gif  
    Last edited by .:MirrorminD:.; 2007-08-03 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Approval

Pretty much. Just find the appropriate section and it will go for review

Nice btw =)
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-08-03 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

bullware (2008-01-13)

yes plz hurry up and upload it hehe O before you do center the 4th row plz

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I have centered the 4th row as requested and submitted it to the moderation queue.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

looks good, and approved.
    Link: Click here

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    looks good, and approved.
    Link: Click here
    Thanks very much!

I really like how this looks, the only thing that looks awkward is the day on the calendar. Anyway to move that around or color the other titles for the icons the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidEarth View Post
    I really like how this looks, the only thing that looks awkward is the day on the calendar. Anyway to move that around or color the other titles for the icons the same way?
    Thanks, glad you like it!

I actually struggled with that quite a bit, but as far as I know there's no way to shift the location of the name and number of the date. If anyone knows a way to do this that would be awesome.

I guess you could block out the bottom text for all the other icons and put there text in a box above the icon itself like the calendar has it?

I don't want the Field test button at all...how do I get rid of it?

NVM, I just replaced it with a black square so it's hidden
    Last edited by Munky; 2007-08-10 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    I don't want the Field test button at all...how do I get rid of it?

NVM, I just replaced it with a black square so it's hidden
    Hey Munky,

That's one way to do it, although if you touch the black icon you made, it will still launch DemoApp. A better way to do it is to modify the DisplayOrder, and move the entry for "DemoApp" into the "special" section. Hope that helps!

WOW this is quite passably one of the best themes\icon sets ive seen, but how do i install it. Ive tries copying it to customize folder in my ipod touch and tried to install it as the current theme through SMBprefs but nothing. please help as i love this theme.

Thanks

never mind ive got it now, why oh why didnt i look in the applications folder in the first place. oh well
    Last edited by DrGizmondo; 2008-01-06 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DrGizmondo View Post
    WOW this is quite passably one of the best themesicon sets ive seen, but how do i install it. Ive tries copying it to customize folder in my ipod touch and tried to install it as the current theme through SMBprefs but nothing. please help as i love this theme.

Thanks

never mind ive got it now, why oh why didnt i look in the applications folder in the first place. oh well
    Thanks for the kind words Dr. Glad you figured it out because I don't have a Touch and honestly haven't read up much on modding them. I'd assume that the directory structure is similar if not identical, but I'd just be guessing. Glad you like the icons!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice theme. The only thing that I would wonder about is why there are periods after each icon label...

would it be possible for you to release the original icons as well so that people can make replacements for icons that are not included, such as TTR.

Thanks littlejd... I'm behind too, so no worries. Apologies to Dr as well... I must have missed the notification that you replied ages ago.

To answer both of your questions, I will be happy to send you the individual icons - just hit me up at [email protected]. The theme is not available on Summerboard as of right now, but if someone wants to add it to their source, they're more than welcome to do so. Hope that helps!

I'm very confused. I JUST got my Ipod touch and would love to add this theme on to it but i have no idea as to how to begin. I've taken a look at the guide page and am completely lost. I'm a total noob at this so any and all help is welcome. Please PM me with any useful help.

Are these compatible with 3.0 firmware?