Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VistaPerfection 2.0

Thumbs up Thanks! I hope you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Can't wait to test this out. I had elb4287's version on my my iPod Touch when I had v1.1.4 and unfortunately lost all my files and icons due to a nasty virus that wiped out Window XP. When I jb'd to 2.1 I had to start all over.

Thanks to the both of you, I can re-add this back.
    Thanks for your positive feedback! Did you test it? Don't forget to read the "READ ME"! And only put the "Best of Windows Vista" folder into Winterboard!

If you want me to change anything (keyboard, slider) just ask
    here or in an mail
    [email protected]

maclorenz
    Last edited by mclorenz; 2008-10-12 at 03:06 PM.

Rapidshare is blocked at work so I will download and try tonight and give you my review.

I will be sure to check out the Readme file first.

What I had done on FW v1.1.4 and Vista 2.0 was to use the Vista background and change the icons to the Realized icons created by Spirit, also found on Modmyi. I thought it made for a nice combination but gave myself a lot of work searching for the icons and SSHing them to the device.
    Last edited by mgmm1; 2008-09-29 at 10:06 PM.

Post Your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Rapidshare is blocked at work so I will download and try tonight and give you my review.
    So, did u use it already? Or do you work day and night?!

maclorenz

Quote Originally Posted by mclorenz View Post
    So, did u use it already? Or do you work day and night?!

maclorenz
    LOL!!!

Yes, I installed Vista and it looks and works fine. The only problem I have is a personal one. I am not really fond of the Vista icons... not saying they are bad. I just like my icons more uniform in shape and size. I am partial to the "Realize" icons also locate on this board.

So I did what most "day and night" hard-working people do. I use the Vista background and replaced the Vista icons with the Realize icons. Now I have the best of both and my iPod Touch is very happy I joined modmyi

Great work maclorenz & ebl4287,

I love this theme!!
    I want to know if any of you can teach me how to use your theme but with icon labels just like the Vista Maximum Perfection" and "Vista Perfection 2.0 did. Thank you very much in advance!! =)

Eric

That doesn't work well. Because the taskbar would have the name twice. I will send you a screenshot, when i'm at the PC. If you (ebl 4287) know how to hide dock labels only, please tell me. If you want me to change it, I will do.

I have thought of that as well. but since the graphic is on the bottom of those taskbar icon, it should cover those labels. More over, v2.0 can do it, i don't see why this theme version can't. ThankS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by happy168 View Post
    I have thought of that as well. but since the graphic is on the bottom of those taskbar icon, it should cover those labels. More over, v2.0 can do it, i don't see why this theme version can't. ThankS!!!!!
    In 2.0 they didn't fit, they just weren't transparent. So they were on top of them. But it looks crap with icon labels! Have a look!
    I will give it a try to put the taskbar into a non-transparent one later.

THanks..I look forward to it..

Quote Originally Posted by happy168 View Post
    THanks..I look forward to it..
    A bit late. but here is the screenshot with labels and I will add the taskbar in this post too!

Here is the really hard work of this day. It doesn't look good, sry.
    If I were you, I would look for a file to hide dock labels only.
    Last edited by mclorenz; 2008-10-12 at 03:07 PM.

Hey, mclorenz! Thank you for hodgepodging this theme together for 2.1! And so much thanks goes out to ebl4287 also, for creating VMP and VP! I've been looking for a theme just like this! I know how to fix the dock Icon Labels, I already did on mine.

But what I need, is the same thing as happy168 wants. I really want you to release the icon pack with the icon labels on them for ALL of the icons. I love this theme, but I want my icon labels included. As far as the dock is concerned, I've already fixed it. Just Need the regular icon labels uploaded. Thanks!

P.S. This Includes Categories Icons. thanks!

Hi
    If you know how to hide the dock labels, why not tell us and upload the file?
    And for "labels on icons" what should that help???
    You have them underneath!

Maybe you mean the sidebar icons, where there is is no label...
    Last edited by mclorenz; 2008-10-12 at 03:07 PM.

Allright, I have to go to work right now, but I will post the tutorial on how to hide the dock icons AND show the Regular icons (but hide the sidebar icons though) all at the same time when I get home from work tonight.

And no, I meant the regular icons. BUT, I figured that out too. After switching out a few icons of my own, and fixing the start menu button to open to a start menu, I'm loving this theme.

I'll post a tut on how to do it all tonight when I get back.

Hey guys. Sorry I'm out at a bonfire right now. I would take a video and upload it here but I dunno if modmyi.com would be ok with that. All I can say right now from my phone is I replaced the safari icon with a beautiful firefox icon and replaced many sidebar icons. I turned on regular icon labels with a prefs file. Then I made sure I told the dock labels to be turned off. Next I turned the icon labels to be colored white. Made sure my backgrounds and app names were correct. I don't feel like posting a million steps on my iPhone intoxicated but I'll try to find time really soon.
    Last edited by scitzofrenic; 2008-10-05 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how i can to download it?

Quote Originally Posted by scitzofrenic View Post
    Allright, I have to go to work right now, but I will post the tutorial on how to hide the dock icons AND show the Regular icons (but hide the sidebar icons though) all at the same time when I get home from work tonight.

And no, I meant the regular icons. BUT, I figured that out too. After switching out a few icons of my own, and fixing the start menu button to open to a start menu, I'm loving this theme.

I'll post a tut on how to do it all tonight when I get back.
    You don't need to work on the instruction, because you can easily download "Transpararent Dock Labels" from Cydia and then you get the labels on springboard without the dock ones. The only thing is that you have the labels in gray (not white), but I actually love that because they don't appear that bright. And to all your changes, I wouldn't do to much to my iPod/iPhone, because that makes it slower. What do you need a slow iPod with a good loock for? But if you like your icons then keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot92 View Post
    Just use the link in my signature (which links to rapidshare.com), click on free-user, wait 50secs and click download. Then unzip the folder and open it. Go and read the "READ ME" file, which tells you how to install the theme correctly.

maclorenz

P.S. I will add the transparent icon labels, when I'm out of hospital!

can I still get vista perfection?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Im working on VistaPerfection 4.0

I might go for that version then. The current one looks pretty crazy slick already though! ^__^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Im working on VistaPerfection 4.0
    Microsoft not sending you letters anymore?

Thumbs up Updated the icon labels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot92 View Post
    Hi,
    I now updated the download and changed the icon labels. Now only the dock ones are transparent.

Here is the link:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

maclorenz

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mclorenz For This Useful Post:

wesh (2008-10-08)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast