Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gunmetal Redux Edit by mgregor

Default Gunmetal Redux Edit by mgregor
    Credit goes to digitalkid56 for theme idea. I made this for my wife by editing digitalkid56's theme with a few different icons.

http://rapidshare.com/files/46076056...oe_Edition.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/46081381...ustom_Edit.rar
    Last edited by mgregor; 2007-07-31 at 10:22 AM.

hey can i ask a favor. on the sms text icon would it be possible if you can make me that exact same icon but not slanted. so i want it to look like all the other icons at the top where it's a full cicle. not a circle looking from an angle. in the pink theme. i'd greatly appreciate that. thanks you so much.

Here you go:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mgregor For This Useful Post:

PEESKI (2007-07-31)

one more thing. the GM icon, would you be able to make that one straight on too? and if you could take the gray square around it off that would be great. thanks you sooooooooooo much. i'm really sorry to keep bothering you but my girlfriend is just so picky. thanks you once again. i really really really appreciate it.

hey this theme is so awesome, but i have been scared to try any of these cuz they look diffucult to put on so other than the typical drag&drop icons can you give a brief tutorial as to how&where to drop the rest. I will attempt to put this theme on tonight I'll post then with more detail as to where I get stuck. Thx

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

We have full instructions in the Guides section.

Pink mirror.

Regular mirror.

You can also upload stuff to our downloads!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2007-07-31 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

@mgregor
    Is there a way to not have the description under the icons. A pic is worth a 1000 words

This is my fav (if without the descriptions) by far. uh.. the GM custom one.
    Thanks a LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    We have full instructions in the Guides section.

Pink mirror.

Regular mirror.

You can also upload stuff to our downloads!
    i'm looking and don't find anything to tell me where to stick the DemoApp & Fieldtest icon and what to name it? cuz i renamed it like it is in Manzana Default.png but it comes up blank. plz link me to some help

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

They go in those respective folders in the /Applications folder of the iphone. And I believe they are called icon.png, not default.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

thx yeah i got it, there was no icon.png in there to begin with so that's why I was renaming it to default.png. I didn't know you just had to add it yourself I thought I was suppost to replace. Now if I can just figure out how to modify the Displayorder.plist I'll be set

w5ttx -
    You might want to check out the original gunmetal theme. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=210
    It has the text covered up. To change this theme so that the text is covered up you would need to edit each icon and extend the black on the bottom so it covers the text.

nevadadealers has it right, you just have to add black to the bottom of the icon where it is transparent and then the words won't show through. I could do it maybe tomorrow

hey this is my first theme using the Displayorder.plist so was just wondering if this is normal, if you touch in between the Phone icon and Calculator icon a flash of the Demoapp icon flashes and then it goes to a blank screen. Is this ok?

Yes it is OK. The Demo app is there so you can put that icon there.

thx well nothing happens when i touch it but a blank screen plus it would cover up the apple logo but thx. and keep'em coming hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    nevadadealers has it right, you just have to add black to the bottom of the icon where it is transparent and then the words won't show through. I could do it maybe tomorrow
    Thanks guys...

i downloaded a home screen but it just downloaded pic by pic... what do i do???

You need to read the wiki my friend

I noticed in the screenshots that the bottom row icons in the Regular version have text while the bottom row icons in the Pink version don't have text. Is there any way that I can remove the text on these 5 icons in the regular version?

The pink version does have the text I just forgot to add it to the screenshot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast