Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gunmetal REDUX

digitalkid56
    Default Gunmetal REDUX
    UPDATE 7/30: Ok by popular demand.. the theme has been redone, WITHOUT glare this time.. REPEAT, this theme was MADE to SHOW the TEXT now.. Although I forgot to write it in the screenshot.. hope this works for you guys..

UPDATE 7/28: Well I tried the FISHEYE effect, but I think the image is too small and you can't really make out the images. Plus it takes away from the detail and the crispness of the graphic so I undid it.. I tried it also, just with the circles, but it looked a little plain, so what I did was increase the size of the circle, and made the squares more transparent so they didn't stand out so much..

Also, I wasn't feelin the glowing effect in this one, so I took away the COOL and ICE themes, and just went straight with a standard non glow icon. Thanks for the tips guys.. and Keep um comin! I'll try to incorporate everyone's ideas well enough so that it flows together.. But here's what it is for now:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Oh and for those of you who were requesting the SMS and MAIL icons.. I whipped up some quick ones for you.. So it's not a remake, just a throw in..

Last edited by digitalkid56; 2007-07-31 at 09:05 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to digitalkid56 For This Useful Post:

Alpha Zero (2007-07-28), JakeyBoy (2007-07-28), Jasper44 (2007-07-28), w5ttx (2007-07-29)

That is dope, but I think it'll look even better without the squares in the back.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I like them a lot, I think maybe the image inside the "magnifying glass" could even fisheye a little to make it look more like its under an actual magnified glass. I like the square behind it if it was doing that.

The second one, the gray is a bit much. I think toning down the outer glow just a tad will clean it up, but other than that it looks downright sexy. Love your work, man, keep em coming.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I've been using all your gunmetal themes and I like this one too, but I have been using my own displayorder.plist which only has the phone, safari, & ipod on the dock. I can't use this one now because there isn't a circle sms or mail icon. I'm pretty sure other people have been doing the same so if you want to make a circle sms and mail that would be great but if not i'll just use your displayorder

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive been loving your designs and have the gunmetal on mine now. might have to change though.

Default That's it!
    Okay DK56 - I've asked pf to BAN YOU for at least one week. God damn it! I'm always installing your themes, christ I just want to use my iPhone, my frackin USB cable is starting to melt because I'm uploading so many files to my iPhone....

j/k

Seriously, this theme looks very tight, great job yet again. The icons look sharp and crisp. Options are always good, thanks for making a round (top) icon for SMS and email.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

ceelo2008 (2007-08-01)

digitalkid56
    Thanks man.. reallly appreciate all the kind words..

I dunno.. I feel like I'm running out of inspiration.. I get bored with looking at my phone everyday, and I guess knowing that I can change what I want, leads me to wanting to make everything perfect.. Then something changes, and before you know it I'm redoing the whole thing again.. But it always ends up looking similar to the one before..

I need to try to come up with a totally different theme.. The Star Trek and Matrix themes I was working came out really cheesy and didn't continue with that.. i just need some inspiration and some fresh ideas.. anybody?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to digitalkid56 For This Useful Post:

Alpha Zero (2007-07-28)

This is definitely your best work yet!

Dude everyday my phone looks better because of you

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it looks nice :-D

Awesome work again.. it is killin me too though.. every time you post a new one im installing it.. How bout some NFL team themes? A Buccanneers one would be quite cool Thanks again for all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalkid56 View Post
    I need to try to come up with a totally different theme.. The Star Trek and Matrix themes I was working came out really cheesy and didn't continue with that.. i just need some inspiration and some fresh ideas.. anybody?
    Maybe a transformers or...batman theme ...just thoughts ..

Or what about looking at classic nes games and even going so far as to include sounds that go with it? Slider icons etc etc..

Default New iPhone icon
    Okay, my addition. I wanted the iPhone icon to more resemble the phone portion so I snagged an image of Johnny Appleseed calling. I'm going to put it on my iPhone in just a few minutes.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:10 PM.

Wow very nice job on this one digital! Looks fantastic

damnit! i have to change my theme again. so far the only themes I have installed are yours. quit updating so fast! lol
    keep up the good stuff!

Very nice i like the dock area alot very 3Dish
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

digitalkid56
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay, my addition. I wanted the iPhone icon to more resemble the phone portion so I snagged an image of Johnny Appleseed calling. I'm going to put it on my iPhone in just a few minutes.
    Freakin nice add CG!! I love it!!! Imma have to steal your icon and add it to my pack from now on

Quote Originally Posted by digitalkid56 View Post
    Freakin nice add CG!! I love it!!! Imma have to steal your icon and add it to my pack from now on
    Wow, thanks! it's the least I can do, you've done so much!

I installed it and I like it.

Sweet, thanks for the 2 icons. And about another theme idea, I dont know how you feel about doing a TV show or what not but I know family guy is a popular theme in the motorola modding world.

Oh and one other thing regarding the text under the icons. I can't figure out if I like it with text under the dock icons or no text under the dock icons so I wanted to play with it a bit. But I cant figure out what the text is part of. Do you have to add the text to the icon themselves or is it part of the displayorder.plist or what?
    Last edited by Jasper44; 2007-07-29 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast