Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 2 New Canadian Weather icons

  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Default 2 New Canadian Weather icons
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-23 at 01:58 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayc7176 For This Useful Post:

    +Kardboard+ (2007-10-20), jwcrash (2007-10-23)

  3. #2
    Awesome work, many thanks!

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada!
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    haha the first one is perfect! It's always raining here in Vancouver.
    Only slightly mobile phone obsessed.
    Apple iPhone 8GB (1.1.4)/Panasonic VIERA P905i (Red, JP), Sharp 903SH (Red, Euro)...and many, many more before lol
    http://moov4.net/

    | RS Feedback | eBay Feedback | HoFo Feedback |

  5. #4
    Nice.... I'm going to add these to my iPhone. The icon with the snow should read -20 i've I've seen alot of crazy weather in Canada, but I've have yet to see it snow at +20.
    Apple

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    very nice
     Think Different

  7. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhager View Post
    Nice.... I'm going to add these to my iPhone. The icon with the snow should read -20 i've I've seen alot of crazy weather in Canada, but I've have yet to see it snow at +20.

    Good thinking!! my brain shuts down wen i design!

    is ... Done
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #7
    nice icons...but just wondering..how is this Canadian weather icons? :P

  9. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pl4ter View Post
    nice icons...but just wondering..how is this Canadian weather icons? :P

    Cus In CA they mesure their weather in C* we in U.S do it F*

    C* is much lower then F*

    70* to them will be like Sudden Death!! lol

    so its only fair that the icons Say 20*
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-23 at 02:07 AM.

  10. #9
    Yep, seeing 70 Degrees on the default icon for us is the same like 200 Degrees for you Farenheit folks

    Jesse, would you be able to make another Celcius icon by modding the stock iPhone one to read say 13* (the fall is upon us), but without changing the background and the gamma and using a subtler non-bold font so the end result retains the overall look of the stock icon?

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Yep, seeing 70 Degrees on the default icon for us is the same like 200 Degrees for you Farenheit folks

    Jesse, would you be able to make another Celcius icon by modding the stock iPhone one to read say 13* (the fall is upon us), but without changing the background and the gamma and using a subtler non-bold font so the end result retains the overall look of the stock icon?
    Sure thing .. So everything Stock .. but Instead of 72* it should say 13* ..
    I love Fall Canadaian Fall Is D CHitt!! i have many many folks up there.. !
    Ok will do once i am Home tonight and email you it!

    Will Also Throw in a few others i made just for the Winter Timeas well.
    Can u upoad any Font examples? any images?

    or you mean to say similar to the Stock Font?
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-23 at 02:08 AM.

  12. #11
    Exactly, the stock icon with the stock font, just a different temperature value.

    There is also a great weather icon in the "Oren" theme in installer, with a larger sun offset to the side of the icon, I am not sure if it would be ethical to mod Oren's work, but a Celcius version of his weather icon would kick much a$$, too bad I have absolutely zero graphic design skills.

  13. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Exactly, the stock icon with the stock font, just a different temperature value.

    There is also a great weather icon in the "Oren" theme in installer, with a larger sun offset to the side of the icon, I am not sure if it would be ethical to mod Oren's work, but a Celcius version of his weather icon would kick much a$$, too bad I have absolutely zero graphic design skills.

    Dont worry Bigger Sun i can do that From Ground up .. that way dont have to ask for premissions.. will jus Mod the Stock Icon to a bigger sun .. Will see what i can do once i get home.

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Exactly, the stock icon with the stock font, just a different temperature value.

    There is also a great weather icon in the "Oren" theme in installer, with a larger sun offset to the side of the icon, I am not sure if it would be ethical to mod Oren's work, but a Celcius version of his weather icon would kick much a$$, too bad I have absolutely zero graphic design skills.
    Did 3 icons!
    one as u wanted
    2nd one something i wanted to do for u guys since Snow is coming soon .
    Clouds .. i think sometimes simple speaks louder
    Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-23 at 09:51 AM.

  15. #14
    Wow... Didnt even noticed that... Thx... Going to upload the icon now ^.^

  16. #15
    Perfect, many thanks, Jesse! Will definitely use these.

  17. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Default Here u go One more
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Perfect, many thanks, Jesse! Will definitely use these.
    I think the one with Bigger sum did not turn out right so fixed it.. here






    YOu can FInd all CA Weather icons that i have done HERE
    & HERE
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-23 at 01:50 PM.

  18. #17
    Igor01 Exactly, the stock icon with the stock font, just a different temperature value.

    There is also a great weather icon in the "Oren" theme in installer, with a larger sun offset to the side of the icon, I am not sure if it would be ethical to mod Oren's work, but a Celcius version of his weather icon would kick much a$$, too bad I have absolutely zero graphic design skills
    Here is your request from the OREN theme.

    dunno if anyone did it but yep ; > and i put 23* cause it's perfect weather
    haha.. one has a little glow and drop shadow on the font ; >
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by johentie; 2007-10-23 at 05:58 PM.

  19. #18
    iPhone users in the Celcius world, rejoice!... Thanks a lot for excellent icons!

  20. #19
    sorry the edges on the two above are not sharp..the bottom left corner was blurry when i put it on my phone.

    so i redid it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  21. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by johentie View Post
    sorry the edges on the two above are not sharp..the bottom left corner was blurry when i put it on my phone.

    so i redid it..
    Thanks For this one!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •