Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gunmetal REMASTERED

Default Does theme/skin modding require Services.plist or re-locking using Jailbreak?
    I have a quick question...

1) When changing buttons (e.g. GunMetal), after I'm done putfile'ing the images and the Display.Order file back to the iphone, do I need to putfile the Services.plist file for any reason?

2) My phone is already "Jailbreaked". Do I need to run jailbreak again to re-lock it? Right now, I don't do that. I just run iphoneinterface make whatever changes I want and then exit from iphoneinterface. Do I need to re-lock the phone in anyway? and if so, how do I do that. Thanks

Great Forum.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If you are in OS X, then yes, you do. If you are in Windows, from what I've read you do not have to.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

hey not sure where to ask this but, the battery on my home screen stays an old red i put in and changed it but now it's only the new color on every other screen except the Home screen.

the file doesn't exist anymore??

nm I got it to work, maybe cuz at first I was highlighting all 17 png files and droping them all at the same time so now I just did it one by one

Quote Originally Posted by iplen View Post
    the file doesn't exist anymore??
    You can grab it from the downloads section.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by sharmachanchal; 2007-08-05 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome theme!

I just installed the terminal app on my iPhone and I'd like to give it an icon that matches the theme. Is there a template file for the home icons that I can use?

Theme #2 with no FKing screenshot of it on the main page.

Theme #2 with a broken download link.

I like your work but come on already.
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 2007-08-05 at 10:58 PM.

digitalkid56
    It's been up for awhile, and is now located in the DOWNLOADS section.. I thought youd figure that out by now.. COME ON ALREADY..

if u teach me how to get that app running, i'll make u a special icon
    Last edited by digitalkid56; 2007-08-05 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by digitalkid56 View Post
    It's been up for awhile, and is now located in the DOWNLOADS section.. I thought youd figure that out by now.. COME ON ALREADY..

if u teach me how to get that app running, i'll make u a special icon
    Download the iPhone bin kit from http://iphone.natetrue.com/
    Download Terminal.app from http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/
    Use iPHUC or iPhoneInterface to putfile Terminal.app into /Applications
    Put the libarmfp.dylib into /usr/lib on your iPhone
    ssh into the iPhone
    Issue this command: /bin/chmod +x /Applications/Terminal.app/Terminal

Jail and reboot the iPhone. You should now have Terminal listed and working.

Thanks

how do u put the apple logo?

I made an icon for iPhoneSNES that kinda matches the the theme. Thanks to digitalkid56 for providing the base image for me to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

can anyone make an other icon for the mail?..

Could some please upload the calculator icon? It's not in the zip file in the download section.

For some reason My icons are getting all screwed up! I dont know why. I used that icon for the new games I put on there. I altered the DisplayOrder, removed the fieldtest.app, put the weather icon where the fieldtest was and put the new game(NESApp.app) icon where the wheather was. But when I upload the new displayorder to my phone it doesnt put it in the order I tell it to. The game icon is in the bottom row which pushes over the demoapp icon (which is specially spaced to be centered in the bottom row by itself) and that screws with the notes, calc, weather and preferences. Anyone know what might be going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx View Post
    For some reason My icons are getting all screwed up! I dont know why. I used that icon for the new games I put on there. I altered the DisplayOrder, removed the fieldtest.app, put the weather icon where the fieldtest was and put the new game(NESApp.app) icon where the wheather was. But when I upload the new displayorder to my phone it doesnt put it in the order I tell it to. The game icon is in the bottom row which pushes over the demoapp icon (which is specially spaced to be centered in the bottom row by itself) and that screws with the notes, calc, weather and preferences. Anyone know what might be going wrong?
    Yes, it's because SpringBoard doesn't know the name of the new app so it puts it last regardless of where you list it in DisplayOrder.plist. To fix the problem you have to edit this file:
    SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings

This is just a plist file without the .plist extension. Get it from your iphone, add .plist extension and then you'll be able to edit it.

So, what do you put in the file? For every new appication you need to open up its Info.plist file. Here's VRecorder for example. You need to copy the 'CFBundleIdentifier' string which is 'com.sadun.VoiceRecorder'. So you add this entry into the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings file, another example. Now whatever you have for the string entry will display on the menu. I have VRecorder.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:06 PM.

Mgregor,

I really like the icons that you are using here. Is it possible to get these out without the square background and reflective glow... like the one you use for internet? The style really appeals to me... you rock!

Thanx
    Last edited by predagar; 2007-08-08 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Cant get those darned links to show up

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Yes, it's because SpringBoard doesn't know the name of the new app so it puts it last regardless of where you list it in DisplayOrder.plist. To fix the problem you have to edit this file:
    SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings

This is just a plist file without the .plist extension. Get it from your iphone, add .plist extension and then you'll be able to edit it.

So, what do you put in the file? For every new appication you need to open up its Info.plist file. Here's VRecorder for example. You need to copy the 'CFBundleIdentifier' string which is 'com.sadun.VoiceRecorder'. So you add this entry into the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings file, another example. Now whatever you have for the string entry will display on the menu. I have VRecorder.

AWESOME! that makes sense. I knew there was something else that had to be changed! I just put my NES emulater folder last in the display list and got rid of the demo app. But I'll have to do this when I put voicercorder in to replace the feildtest app.

Is regular looking icons for the bottom row included in the file, or only those big ones?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast