Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Elemental

Thanks

This is AMAZING Kory! Hurry up!! The people WANT your theme!

People need to be more patient. He'll get to it when he can. You've got plenty to work with as it is.

^Thanks for pointing out. I'm only messing. This is looking better than the first bud, nice work.

Reako

Update?! Hehe

Reako

Thanks

I want to second that. I've seen most every theme out there, and none even come close to this. So simplistic, yet so powerful; I love it! I'm not half bad with Photoshop by the way, I'm not sure if that's what you used, but if you could maybe send my the *.psd I'd love to make some app icons in your style, I know how you're busy. I'd just like to help out.

This looks very nice. But I don't get the mix of CS3 icons and symbolic icons. The weather and address icons are terrific...I'd love to see a whole theme based on that style. In the mean time, it would make more sense to me to CS3-ify them.

I actually thought the original glossy set that mixed CS3 and symbolic icons was more unique and distinctive.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I want to second that. I've seen most every theme out there, and none even come close to this. So simplistic, yet so powerful; I love it! I'm not half bad with Photoshop by the way, I'm not sure if that's what you used, but if you could maybe send my the *.psd I'd love to make some app icons in your style, I know how you're busy. I'd just like to help out.
    This is my problem. If I were at home I would finish this them up for him. But since I've been relocated for my internship, my computer time is limited for work purposes. Sucks to be a scholared grad student.

Reako

Thanks

That sucks. I've got some spare time at the moment. I'm trying to replicate the font, if you know which one was used that would help out a ton.

If you are using CS3, I would suggest ripping apart the shortcut icon. I remember on my Master Collection all the fonts were identical for the shortcuts.

Reako

Thanks

Oh, I think I've got it, "Futura Md BT".

Try to setup a template and post it. I'll see what I can do.

Reako

Thanks

Well, the *.psd is a complete mess. I could spend some time simplifying it, but I think it would be easier to just post an icon set. (Ok, maybe not, but I'm having so much fun. )

I hate the default "Ants" icon, so I focused on that one first, the following ones should be ready in a fraction of the time now that I worked most of it out. Here, tell me what you think, in my opinion it looks awesome on the phone. Tell me what you think.

If you're reading this and you're not sure what to do, right click and d/l the image to your computer, then using whatever client you want (I use WinSCP) connect to your iPhone and copy it to "Media_sym/Applications/Ants.app/", (at this point you might want to copy "icon.png" to your computer for a backup). Now delete "icon.png" for the folder and rename "ElementalAnts.png" to "icon.png". Restart your phone. Enjoy.

There's still work needed. Flat colors, no gloss. God I wish I could just use a computer!!

Reako

Thanks

Wait, wait, wait.... I'm replicating their original version, did you want the second version?

I'd take any version, but personally I liked the second version better. Remember you are doing the work, I am only typing via iPhone. Haha.

Reako

Thanks

Haha. Well, I kind of liked the earlier version. Because of the touch screen I like the slight button feel. I've completed one for a few other apps, I think I'm at five now, I'm having trouble creating a good looking arrow for a few apps, I'll get it though. I'm dedicated to the project, so even though it's 3:30am I want to finish this before I sleep.

Finally! I've got the updated compilation with eleven new icons, that's good for tonight. I'll post it here in this thread until I get some feedback from korymatthew. Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U1RBEANU
    Last edited by Dylan; 2007-11-03 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You like the slight button feel?? I don't remember being able to feel any of the buttons I touch...Haha.

Reako

I personally like the gloss look on this theme. Can you please produce two versions of this theme, one with gloss and one without?

It's a very simplistic theme, but it works so damn well on the iPhone! A Battery would be sweet too!

someone should post this onto installer. this is a great theme! really nice and simple. great concept!

I'm still praying he returns and updates this theme. It is a work of art!

Reako

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast