Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen shots load black? in forums?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen shots load black? in forums?
    i took a screen shot of a new theme i made, but when i load it into the forums to show people. it displays "black"? and i cant open it in photoshop? any reasons?

thanks for the help...

Try changing the file extension. If it's a .jpg, try .png or vice versa. I think the Dock app screenshot takes .png's but has to rename it to a .jpg to get it into the Camera roll.

PS If you have a Mac, just open it with Preview and then choose Save as... if you have a PC, try ?Paint?, idk, use whatever is the default app in XP/Vista.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did try a few things and still had issues...but opened it with preview and screen captured that, lol..anyways thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by rob@heavywater View Post
    i did try a few things and still had issues...but opened it with preview and screen captured that, lol..anyways thanks for the reply
    Are you guys taking screenshots in 1.1.1? If so, how? I have the screenshot file in /bin but whenever I try to execute it I get some line error....

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Are you guys taking screenshots in 1.1.1? If so, how? I have the screenshot file in /bin but whenever I try to execute it I get some line error....
    Dock is an absolute must have application, even more so than SummerBoard (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by rob@heavywater View Post
    Actually Preview (Mac app) can clue you into the problem I described. When you choose save as and let's say you opened a .png fie that is really a jpeg file, Preview will prompt you to save as a .jpg file.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-17 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Dock is an absolute must have application, even more so than SummerBoard (imo)
    Problem is Dock won't take a screenshot on a touch, either that or it saves it somewhere random.
    I read somewhere this maybe due to Dock.app not creating missing folders, can someone post a directory structure of the camera roll from an iphone so i can try to mimic it?