Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Improve iPad Multitasking With 'Switcher Navigation Actions'

Default Improve iPad Multitasking With 'Switcher Navigation Actions'

On the iPad, you are able to use four-finger swipe gestures to move amongst your running applications. These swipe gestures will then take you between your recently used applications in the chronological order that they were used according to your App Switcher.

If you're not enjoying having to claw at your iPad display with four fingers, you can use a new Activator add-on called Switcher Navigation Actions by iOS developer Ethan Vaughan to make it even easier to move between your running applications on your iPad.

This tweak is an add-on for Activator, which means that it requires Activator to be installed. After installing it, you can go to your Activator preferences pane and you will find two new actions that can be assigned to Activator gestures, as shown below:

The tweak lets you simulate either a four-finger swipe to the right or a four-finger swipe to the left using any Activator action that you choose. The developer also notes that if you're using a Bluetooth keyboard, this tweak is compatible with the jailbreak tweak KeyCommands for switching between applications with your keyboard.

Switcher Navigation Actions is compatible with iOS 6 through iOS 8 and is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires an iPad, since the iPad is the only device capable of four-finger swipe gestures.

Name: Switcher Navigation Actions
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPad running iOS 6.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPad mini with retina display running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ethan Vaughan
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't assistive touch do essentially this? I see so many tweaks that Apple built in with assistive touch.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Doesn't assistive touch do essentially this? I see so many tweaks that Apple built in with assistive touch.
    It may or may not (I don't use assistive touch enough to know), but I do know that assistive touch puts this annoying icon on your screen that always seems to be in the way and makes you feel like you have to move it out of the way. This is why I don't like assistive touch and why I never recommend it to anyone that wants a cleaner way of doing things.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It may or may not (I don't use assistive touch enough to know), but I do know that assistive touch puts this annoying icon on your screen that always seems to be in the way and makes you feel like you have to move it out of the way. This is why I don't like assistive touch and why I never recommend it to anyone that wants a cleaner way of doing things.
    I think assistive touch definitely needs some refinement (placing itself on the keyboard drives me nuts sometimes) but I find that all that functionality in one little button is so great.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I think assistive touch definitely needs some refinement (placing itself on the keyboard drives me nuts sometimes) but I find that all that functionality in one little button is so great.
    It's definitely great for it to be all in one place, but its implementation drives me nuts too .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-20)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Tage and Archer enable you to swipe left and right between apps from the edge of the screen with either 1 or two fingers and it works fairly well. But what i really want is a tweak that'll just modify the way the stock iPad gestures work and let you configure it to two or three fingers instead of four.