Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Production of the Rumored "iPad Pro" Said to be Pushed Back to Q2 2015

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Production of the Rumored "iPad Pro" Said to be Pushed Back to Q2 2015

Although many people were speculating that Apple would release a larger 12.9-inch iPad early next year, the Cupertino California company may be forced to push back the launch until second quarter according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. According to Kuo, the 12.9-inch tablet, which many were referring to as the “iPad Pro,” won’t be ready in time to make a debut in the first quarter.

Kuo went on to claim that Apple is using oxide LCD technology for the larger iPad’s high resolution display which helps with quick response times and high color saturation. He continued by stating that Apple most recently deployed a large-format 27-inch oxide TFT panel in the iMac with Retina 5K display. As a result of the time crunch on component production and assembly, the analyst doesn’t expect the iPad Pro to enter mass production until the second quarter of 2015.

When it comes to the current iPad models, Kuo expects that overall shipments will fall drastically in the first quarter of 2015 even though Apple recently released the iPad Air 2 and the iPad mini 3. He predicts that a season drop in sales along with tablet market saturation will cause iPad shipments to drop down to 9.8 million units, a fall of 54.5% quarter-over-quarter.

This was all due to Apple failing to boost demand with its new iPad Air 2 form factor, a major shift from previous generations which saw increased consumer interest with each design iteration that was introduced. With continued proliferation in the marketplace, tablet makers could be facing an uphill battle which won’t be fixed with simple spec increases and new form factors or price cuts. It’s likely going to take something more drastic and/or innovative for a large change in consumer interest.

In an effort to combat the over-saturated nature of the consumer market, the Cupertino California company recently ramped up its efforts in enterprise sales.

We’ll have to see if the analyst speculation turns out to be right by being patient.

Source: KGI Securities via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

If production doesn't even start until Q2, then there's no way this is coming out before September...

I guess Apple did a 180 and now is gonna make everything big and copy Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitking02 View Post
    I guess Apple did a 180 and now is gonna make everything big and copy Samsung
    Make all their mistakes big too?

Thanks

I work in IT and have yet to meet one person that expresses that they wish their normal sized iPad was larger. The two things i do hear: 1. I wish it had a full MS Office Suite 2. I wish it ran OS X. One day Apple will give us what we want and not what they think we want :]