Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming iPad Air 2 to Have 2GB of RAM?

Default Upcoming iPad Air 2 to Have 2GB of RAM?

Yesterday, Apple began sending invites to its upcoming special event on the 16th of October, noting that "it's been way too long" since the last major event. Apple is expected to unveil the iPad Air 2 at the upcoming event, which will offer some changes from the first-generation iPad Air that we're all used to already.

The latest news on the upcoming device is that it will reportedly sport 2GB of RAM, rather than 1GB of RAM like the original iPad Air does. GeekBar has images of the alleged Elpida-branded 2GB memory modules that will be going into the new device, pictured above.

Being that future versions of the iPad are expected to have a retina HD display, thanks to some code and assets that were discovered in iOS 8.1 beta 2 by an iOS developer yesterday, it's not surprising that the iPad will require a larger amount of RAM than before. Additional RAM will help drive the larger display with less hangups and improve performance of application multi-tasking.

Dummy pictures of the iPad Air 2, which we showed you yesterday, reveal that the device will support Touch ID, as well as a thinner case design. The mute switch has reportedly been nixed to make room for the slimmer design.

Sources: GeekBar

Gonna need it with how bloated and sluggish iOS is.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Gonna need it with how bloated and sluggish iOS is.
    I've gotten better about not replying to trolls, but I can't resist this time. You do realize that this statement is actually saying a lot more about android right? I've seen androids with 3GB, so...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I've gotten better about not replying to trolls, but I can't resist this time. You do realize that this statement is actually saying a lot more about android right? I've seen androids with 3GB, so...
    Yep, same thing I was going to say. And Androids have had 2GB of ram for at least a couple years now and it's still sluggish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-10)