Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

If anybody's iphone 3gs freezes with the spirit jailbreak using a Mac, I messed with my iphone hard re-booting the iphone and getting stuck with the apple logo and the I out the phone into DFU the took it out of DFU. Then lucky me it showed the spirit progress bar and started up again Jailbroken.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

MobileTerminal crashes on open.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    great JB for iPhones and iPods but I honestly I like the iPad un-jailbroken and with 4.0 coming for it then it will be great. I jailbreak my iPhone 3gs mostly for themes. The iPad is super quick already, looks great and Jailbreaking does nothing to speed up your iphone or ipad. Just my two cents. Or three. Or four. LOL goodluck everyone one your JB's! It worked great on my 3gs new bootrom.
    yes but until 4.0 - i find mutitasking essential! if only someone could point us to a good application switcher that doesn't put the ipad into iphone mode..
    also - how do we donate money to comex?

Thanks

So iPad 64GB 3G running smoothly after jailbreak. I think I'll wait a while before I go and install any apps though. My iPad is only a few days old after all.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Will This Work On Already Jailbroken 3G iPod Touch FW 3.1.2 or should i update to 3.1.3, then jailbreak. Also do this Jailbreak Delete My Apps.

Tried the windows version in 98 compatibility mode and it said I needed ITunes 9 installed which I did but it still didn't work. I then tried it on a MAC and it worked just fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    great JB for iPhones and iPods but I honestly I like the iPad un-jailbroken and with 4.0 coming for it then it will be great. I jailbreak my iPhone 3gs mostly for themes. The iPad is super quick already, looks great and Jailbreaking does nothing to speed up your iphone or ipad. Just my two cents. Or three. Or four. LOL goodluck everyone one your JB's! It worked great on my 3gs new bootrom.
    Why wouldn't you want your iPad jailbroken? It doesn't take away from the iPad being super quick. It only adds Cydia so you have even more options.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah... do you guys think if i run this on a tethered jailbroken 3gs on 3.1.2 it will be safe to just run the jailbreak over it? or restore then jailbreak?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks Comex! Not by my computer for the night but it's on for tomorrow. Good luck all

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouch8112 View Post
    Will This Work On Already Jailbroken 3G iPod Touch FW 3.1.2 or should i update to 3.1.3, then jailbreak. Also do this Jailbreak Delete My Apps.
    You need to update to remove your current jailbreak. Once 3.1.3 is installed then run Sprit. Thats exactly what I had to do and it worked perfectly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

Gom33 (2010-05-03)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    You need to update to remove your current jailbreak. Once 3.1.3 is installed then run Sprit. Thats exactly what I had to do and it worked perfectly.
    thank you sir... appreciate your help...

so i just jailbroke my ipad and installed circutuous... crashes when trying to activate... or goes to safe mode actually. i am hoping everything will be ipad compatable until 4.0 comes out. but this is great news, we have sbsettings back! lol

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

why does my cydia icon always move back to it's original position after respring? i want it on my first page haha

Thanks

So how Is sbsettings working on iPad? I'd really like to install but I'm not sure.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

it wasn't what i expected i want it to cover the full screen like on the iphone it's just in the upper left corner but it works :P

How come my spirit progress bar never starts? Im in a 3gs and it just reboots after a couple seconds it it shows and then i dont get the cydia app or anything

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

safari download plugin WORKS!!!

LockInfo preference bundle doesn't load, so cannot activate to see if it works.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    why does my cydia icon always move back to it's original position after respring? i want it on my first page haha
    My icon stats on the first page. I jailbroke mine with a MAC so not sure if that makes a difference. At least now I have an expensive IPod 3GS that's jailbroken. Now come on unlock,

Has anyone tried multiflow?

Default Important Question....
    I'm currently on 3.1.2 jailbroken, I don't want to lose all my mods by doing a restore. Is it possible at all to use Spirit to jb now just so I can be untethered and NOT have to use blackra1n just to boot up every time my phone turns off...?
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast