Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

doesnt last a full day. But its cool because I have an external battery pack I plug into to double the battery pack and get me through the day

Thanks

I see..
    Which one do you use?

Been looking into getting one..

I use the richard solo 1800 with cable. Its definitely the best one out there and even has a flashlight and laser. The cable is definitely much more convenient than the other ones that just plug into the bottom and you cant really put in your pocket. But it is a little pricey though at $70 but definitely worth it. They have the best customer service ever at Richard Solo because I accidentally ordered the noncable one lol and I sent them an email and as long as its within 30 days you can send it back and theyll pay for shipping and I got my new one shipped faster than the first! Its definitely worth trying out and worth the money.

Wasn't referring to iPhones battery life, that thing is a battery hog, basically I bring a charger everywhere. Mostly because I use mywi for tethering a lot and Bluetooth.

What i was referring to is that I've been averaging 11-12+ hours usage time on the iPad. This thing is freaking sweet.

oh ipad battery life. lol yeah I just say that you were talking about upgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 on your iphone didnt see ipad

Really kind of wishing I never said if it ain't broke don't fix it... Updated my sbsettings via cydia and on iPhones reboot went to endless restart. Time to restore and jb it again, bad news is iTunes crashed causing loss of my most recent backup. Say it with me, Epic Fail!

I revise my earlier statement given as to what just happened. "if it ain't broke, jailbreak it!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just ran this on my first gen iPhone and I was very happy with how easy it was. I was putting off JBing again (last time I did was like 2 years ago) because it was so complicated.

Anyway in the little tutorial for Spirit linked in the first post
    How to Jailbreak the iPad Using Spirit

At the bottom it suggests a way in Cydia to back up these SHSH blobs with a "Make my life easier, thanks!" button. But I don't see this button anywhere, is it only on iPads?

Also since it's been a while for me is there any reason I should be concerned about connecting to iTunes?
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

iTunes luckily is still "stupid" it won't detect what your running, it might ask you to update firmware. If you do and take the plunge, it will update you to 3.1.3. you will have to jb your phone again but spirit jb is easy. I just had my iPhone become a brick thanks to the Rock app not testing a patch. But I just took the plunge and from a complete restore and jb am back in action about 2 hrs later. (ok, so im a tinkerer and i made lots of Tweaks) The make my life easier thing should be on their homepage when cydia loads. You might have agreed to it in the past. Good Luck!
    "if it ain't broke, Jailbreak it!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As for updating. I made sure I had 3.1.3 before running Spirit for that very reason.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

I also receive the "ERROR 1" with spirit,when I try to jailbreak my iphone 3Gs 3.1.3

Error log states:

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone1,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:197): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

Please help me..

just to let u guys know, there is an app called EmailECID. It can get ur ECID for ur device and you can then email it to ur self. its greats app since u dont have to restore to get the ECID.

is anyone holding off using this jailbreak because of all the issues with some apps??

thank you very much dev team...

hey everyone,i judt upgrade my iphone on 3.1.3 os and its stcuk on the emergency call!!!and Spirit don't work on emergeny call status..
    Plz help
    Someone tell to activate the iphone,but i'm not an at&t user.i'm form lebanon,
    Pleae help

^are you using an official carrier activation. Spirit does not hacktivate/unlock your iphone.
    This is from spiritjb website- Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

I used spiritjb on my 3.1.305.12.01 just fine.

same problem :
    INFO: Now listening for devices...
    INFO: read igor/map.plist
    INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.
    INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3
    INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...
    INFO: Sending files via AFC.
    FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:197): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

i have trying more 10+ hard reboot. but nothing to solve my problem.. somebody help me?

Model : mb717LL/A
    Itunes : 9.1.1

i have trying using spirit.. and got error like that.. help.. i'm really frustrating..

email : [email protected]
    ym : hertin_faust

thanks

Good news!!!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast