Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by vix2000 View Post
    Because this is an untethered jailbreak???? Blackrain works brilliantly as a tethered but you're stuck if your phone dies and youre not near a pc. I jailbroke with spirit within 2 hours of it coming out and have had no issues. Lost my camera roll but soon restored it from back-up. As previously said, its so easy "you could talk your mother through it over the phone"!!!!!! (FYI I am a 53 year old grandmother of 3)
    haha this is awesome...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dthomp22 For This Useful Post:

djm120607 (2010-05-21)

Quote Originally Posted by vix2000 View Post
    Because this is an untethered jailbreak???? Blackrain works brilliantly as a tethered but you're stuck if your phone dies and youre not near a pc. I jailbroke with spirit within 2 hours of it coming out and have had no issues. Lost my camera roll but soon restored it from back-up. As previously said, its so easy "you could talk your mother through it over the phone"!!!!!! (FYI I am a 53 year old grandmother of 3)
    Awesome! Power to the People!

Reporting my successful JB, thx a million. I had the iPad for a whole 2 days ran Spirit and worked great

ok anyone having this problem, I cannot send mms messages after I jb 3.1.3 with spirit. Everything works fine after jb and today I find out that I cannot send out mms messages.

Also I lost my camera roll pics like everyone else did. Im going to restore my phone and jb with the newer version of spirit that fixes the loss of the pics from camera roll, is there any way to save all my cydia apps and other jail broken items that I have installed without having to install it all again. I spent all day after jb with spirit customizing and installing apps and themes and everything else.

Thanks

There's a few threads of saving your stuff, but in the end, everyone just wrote down everything and re-did it all.
    I did the same, and it came out better, my first JB, everything was laggy, after I crossed a few thigns out of reinstalling, it's much faster.
    Good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi There,

A friend of mine has an iPhone 3G & has updated from 3.0 to 3.1.3, has updated to iTunes 9.1.1 & has Windows XP (service pack 2), changed compatibility to Windows 98 & run Spirit as administrator & gets "you need to upgrade iTunes to 9.1.1". What is going on?.

Thanks

Question Is This Normal????
    After I jailbroke my iPad and ran Cydia the home screen looks funny, I loaded respring to fix the problem but every time that I have to reboot the iPad the screen go back to crazy again and I have to run respring to fix it. I canít even put my icons the way I want because if I have to reboot they get all moved around. Is it normal to have to run respring every time after reboot. Any help would be greatful. Just want to make sure that all is good and that this is normal and others are having to deal with this..

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmac View Post
    After I jailbroke my iPad and ran Cydia the home screen looks funny, I loaded respring to fix the problem but every time that I have to reboot the iPad the screen go back to crazy again and I have to run respring to fix it. I canít even put my icons the way I want because if I have to reboot they get all moved around. Is it normal to have to run respring every time after reboot. Any help would be greatful. Just want to make sure that all is good and that this is normal and others are having to deal with this..
    happens to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmac View Post
    have you tried to re-jailbreak with spirit, restore to stock then try again...

I've currently a jailbroken iphone 3.1.2, so how can I update to 3.1.3 without having problems? !

Has anyone encountered a 'Error c6' on Mac while using Spirit to JB?

Or as usual, am I unique??

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright so I was jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2nd Gen and I accidentally stopped the jailbreak with spirit, the iPod was still plugged in and the screen with the progress bar was up and it went all the way across like it did on my 3GS so I thought it was fine but now it cant get past the apple boot logo, HELP?!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Thanks

DFU Mode, restore, then re jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

nvm i just kept rebooting it and left it plugged in for a few mins and it automatically went to the sprit jailbreaking screen, progress bar filled across and it worked! so i guesss you can't scrreww up no matter what you do!

Edit: It wont go into DFU

EDIT: AND WITHOUT A RESTORE!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

please iam stock to emergency call how can i get out of it and jailbreak

Thanks

If you're not on AT&T, nothing you can do, you messed up....

Unless you saved your 3.1.2 SHSH blob..

So can we unlock yet?

Re: ipad screen looking like giant ipod touch after jb.

It's from sbsettings. I'd uninstall sbsettings, and wait until it's iPad friendly.

Re: iPhone updating 3.1.2--> 3.1.3

One other quick note, 3.1.3 didn't really do any major upgrades to iphone so I viewed it as a pass until 4.0 is out and a jb is released. Normally, I am a big pc person, but the iPad blew me out of the water with battery life, usability, and the incredible number of apps. Haven't regretted it at all.
    Last edited by Herbiek65; 2010-05-09 at 03:29 AM. Reason: problem fix

^blew you out of the water with battery life? For me battery life just blows. Lol thats probably just because of all the widgets and themes and tethering ect that I do with my 480+ apps and 75 mobile substrates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^blew you out of the water with battery life? For me battery life just blows. Lol thats probably just because of all the widgets and themes and tethering ect that I do with my 480+ apps and 75 mobile substrates
    Holy bajebus.
    How long does that...thing last?
    I would assume it'd be heating up like a central heating system in a house!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast