Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
    Correct, HOWEVER, if you are relying on an unlock for T-Mobile or separate carrier, I've heard NOT to update.
    ok cause i just updated my rockapp and supposibily i just jacked the phone up once i reboot it..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi... I am elated with this, since losing my jailbreak due to a drunken "Sync" I now have a jailbreak again... Thank You!

One thing to note, though. My Camera Roll keeps emptying its self!
    I've read that elsewhere, too. Maybe that needs to be amended?
    Professional Numptie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British View Post
    Hi... I am elated with this, since losing my jailbreak due to a drunken "Sync" I now have a jailbreak again... Thank You!

One thing to note, though. My Camera Roll keeps emptying its self!
    I've read that elsewhere, too. Maybe that needs to be amended?
    SpiritJB.com says a new version is out SHOULDN'T erase your camera roll.

Default Jailbroken iPad quick review, 05/2010.
    Great Jailbreak, fast and easy. Unfortunately SBSettings is a fail at the moment causing iPad when rebooted to look like an iPhone icon layout in rows of 4. also winterboard doesn't work correctly with Ipad as of yet it crashes at startup. ********** fails to create a valid icon for apps, instead leaving a grey box icon. After learning of windows ipad clones surrendering this week, and the spirit jailbreaks release, is what convinced me to go IPAD, haven't regretted it since. Love that backgrounder works flawlessly. Understandingly though there's going to be growing pains as the unofficial app devs get going, but I can't wait to see where they go with this thing. Great work Spirit Devs, much thanks! Anybody else enjoying their freshly jail broken iPad? Opinions?

hope this helps anyone on a mac having the above problems.

ok worked out to complete spirit JB correctly on a mac that all other mac apps need to be off, spirit needs to be on the desktop and itunes helper in activity monitor needs to be quited. it will complete jailbreak within seconds (it was a blink of an eye for me) then the iphone will load reboot jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remember God View Post

ok worked out to complete spirit JB correctly on a mac that all other mac apps need to be off, spirit needs to be on the desktop and itunes helper in activity monitor needs to be quited. it will complete jailbreak within seconds (it was a blink of an eye for me) then the iphone will load reboot jailbroken.
    this is odd....
    i have a MBP with 10.6.3. I had several apps running, including iTunes, and JB a 3 gen iPod touch, an Iphone 3G3 and my iPad one after another with no issues what so ever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remember God View Post

Interesting indeed. Possibly getting stuck is due to some port 80 interference... this would be valid for all OSs.

Quote Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
    SpiritJB.com says a new version is out SHOULDN'T erase your camera roll.
    I reckon that not everybody has this bug. Not me neither.
    I wonder why it happens?
    Maybe a simple app incompability?
    Or some condition while jaibreaking, seen reflection above ?
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-05-05 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

YAAAY, my iphone 3gs is back!!
    not gonna upgrade again till am safe!! EVER
    donate!! am gonna donate!!

Jailbroke my iPad in a few seconds! This is getting easier everytime. Backgrounder works! Does Kirikae have issues?

It works. Thanks. One question - When I loaded this, my pics disappeared. Had over 1k. Anyone have an idea where they might have gone?

Thanks again for the JB

This may have been asked before but my eyes are killing me reading all the posts. Does anyone know with this JB will you be able to turn off your phone and turn it back on without needing a computer... I have a teathered phone... If so I am so doing this!!!! ***Crosses Fingers***

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lexquiles View Post
    This may have been asked before but my eyes are killing me reading all the posts. Does anyone know with this JB will you be able to turn off your phone and turn it back on without needing a computer... I have a teathered phone... If so I am so doing this!!!! ***Crosses Fingers***
    Aye... It is untethered... I have tried it out!
    Professional Numptie

Default Issue with activator
    I recently JB my 3gs running 3.1.3. Everything works fine until I install activator (with or without backgrounder). I can open one app and then as soon as I try to open another the app crashes and closes. I have to open and close the springboard panel (but don't have to respring) to be able to open anything again. If I uninstall activator all is well. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks
    Last edited by tkoden; 2010-05-05 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

please please remind me what the why so many people had been waiting for this jailbreak...
    My eyes are so tired reading threads and instructions LOL

I'm so used to cartoons :P

@tkoden
    Reboot or hard-reboot before trying anything else, to free up live memory - the old Apple trick with little system bugs. (Activator works, it's not a general bug)
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-05-05 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone vix2000's Avatar
    Thanks

any possibility of the IPCC tethering hack with spirit? And which methods work?

re: jb for ipad.

Hey did the same on mine, Kirikae had issues and so did sbsettings, would crash. Backgrounder works fine though. From what I understand according to cydias home page, they are being worked on as we speak.
    Last edited by Herbiek65; 2010-05-06 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Specifying iPad / elaborating

Default Spirit
    I am running jailbroken by Blackra1n 3.1.2 3Gs. I am having no issue or complaints. Should I and why should I jailbreak with Spirit. Will I be gaining anything more than what I have now. Any input greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. My 3GS in blackra1n 3.1.2. For iPhones I'd say wait for a geohot release in 4.0.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vix2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Because this is an untethered jailbreak???? Blackrain works brilliantly as a tethered but you're stuck if your phone dies and youre not near a pc. I jailbroke with spirit within 2 hours of it coming out and have had no issues. Lost my camera roll but soon restored it from back-up. As previously said, its so easy "you could talk your mother through it over the phone"!!!!!! (FYI I am a 53 year old grandmother of 3)

im typing this from a best buy store on one of their mac computer lol since the spirit has been released i think im going to walk out of here today with an ipad just casue its jailbreakable nice job comex

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast