Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 474

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

  1. #321
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    i got MyWi up n working again..for some reason the first night i JB, it wasnt connecting...over night the iPhone fairy came and next morning i had a fully functional wifi tethered device =D
    Last edited by Kil0111; 2010-05-04 at 08:00 AM. Reason: because i cant spell =]

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  2. #322
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Europe
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Has anybody else got the DiskAid root folder greyed out on Mac?
    It's not a USB problem and otherwise I can access the root files (SFTP, iFile).
    Please reply to thread if you've got a hint for me. Thanks a lot

    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/708...ml#post5226756

  3. #323
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clifton, NJ
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 419 Times in 157 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky34 View Post
    Has anybody else got the DiskAid root folder greyed out on Mac?
    It's not a USB problem and otherwise I can access the root files (SFTP, iFile).
    Please reply to thread if you've got a hint for me. Thanks a lot

    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/708...ml#post5226756
    as stated elsewhere in this same thread, you must install afc2add (available in Cydia) to have access to the root in programs like DiskAid.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

    Rocky34 (2010-05-04)

  5. #324
    Comex mentions that Spirit can NOT be applied over a new iBoot 3GS (i.e. tethered JB) that was JB'd with Blackra1n. You'd need to restore to stock 3.1.3 or even to 3.1.2 (after backing up your phone), then re-JB using Spirit to get untethered JB. And of course you can only restore to 3.1.2 if you have the SHSHs on file in Cydia.

    HOWEVER, he did mention that he may release a modified version of Spirit that CAN be applied over a 3.1.2 Blackra1n JB'd 3GS with new iBoot that will essentially untether it without having to restore. He didn't commit, but said they are looking into it.

  6. #325
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Europe
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    as stated elsewhere in this same thread, you must install afc2add (available in Cydia) to have access to the root in programs like DiskAid.
    Sorry, you are right.
    I didn't pay attention. I never had had this issue before so I thought afc2add was just for Windows&blackra1n USB probs.

    Thanks for your answer... that was it!

  7. #326
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    I wonder if the same applies with a custom ipsw iphone. So if someone has a 3.1.2 iphone without backed up SHSH, applies spirit or blackra1n, then restores to a custom ipsw of 3.1.2 what happens if spirit is applied over that (Can new bootrom iphones even accept custom ipsw if jailbroken)? I don't have one of these or I would test it and I am sure most new bootroms iphones are 3.1.3 now, but there has to be a few people out there who need unlock, didn't backup their SHSH and now want untethered jailbreak.

  8. #327
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Europe
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    @akamandito.
    Only if you're officially unlocked (you did not precise) you can use Spirit without loosing carrier.
    Then, check your SHSH blobs (using ECID-SHSH Grabber and FW umbrella). They might be backed up even if you didn't.
    Restore to the stock Firmware you have blobs for, activate and jb.

    Check your possibilities by FW and baseband :
    iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I wonder if the same applies with a custom ipsw iphone. So if someone has a 3.1.2 iphone without backed up SHSH, applies spirit or blackra1n, then restores to a custom ipsw of 3.1.2 what happens if spirit is applied over that (Can new bootrom iphones even accept custom ipsw if jailbroken)? I don't have one of these or I would test it and I am sure most new bootroms iphones are 3.1.3 now, but there has to be a few people out there who need unlock, didn't backup their SHSH and now want untethered jailbreak.
    The new iPhone 3G[S] (neither iPod3) can't be restored to a Custom Firmware with iTunes at all, unluckily.
    It's something to do with the fact that Custom Firmware doesn't connect to a server (if I remember well ?).
    And it sounds not logical to jailbreak a jailbroken device, neither - but it would have been nice ^^
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-05-05 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #328
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    I just got a new iPhone on sunday with 3.1.3 and it was JBn last night. 2 days! Now I'm wating for O2 to unlock it :P

    thanks to all involved for a good job.

  10. #329
    previously known as allizonanikon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York (upstate)
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Why wouldn't you want your iPad jailbroken? It doesn't take away from the iPad being super quick. It only adds Cydia so you have even more options.
    with mobile substrates and everything added it uses quite a bit of memory

  11. #330
    So if I wanted to get a new iphone now... I can..?
    It is a 3G and I'm currently on 3.0 JB but have waiting till the day
    I can go get a new iPhone (w/ warranty) and JB that.

  12. #331
    thank you!! works great with my 3g but some of the greatest sources dont work yet

  13. #332
    When Will Saurik put Back "Make My Life Easier" button so i can get the SHSH BLOB for 3.1.3 FW. I Forgot to do it while restoring/updating (ran into issues cause apple sent bad FW) and I was more worried about getting my ipod touch working.

  14. #333
    does this work on ipod touch mc models?

  15. #334
    Green Apple rawfuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gnarkill101 View Post
    does this work on ipod touch mc models?
    Read spiritjb.com

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to rawfuls For This Useful Post:

    gnarkill101 (2010-05-05)

  17. #335
    tnx 4 the info..

  18. #336
    awesome job!! ipad jailbroken haha, youll get a donation from me geniuses

  19. #337
    Oh happy happy joy joy! My 3GS on 3.1.3 is now happily jailbroken and PdaNet is installed. My 3G iPad, which arrives day after tomorrow, will get the same treatment!

  20. #338
    previously known as allizonanikon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York (upstate)
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by itouch8112 View Post
    When Will Saurik put Back "Make My Life Easier" button so i can get the SHSH BLOB for 3.1.3 FW. I Forgot to do it while restoring/updating (ran into issues cause apple sent bad FW) and I was more worried about getting my ipod touch working.
    use fw umbrella and it will store them for you

  21. #339
    so let me get this straight.. if i update to firmware 3.1.3 i can jb my phone?

  22. #340
    Green Apple rawfuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Correct, HOWEVER, if you are relying on an unlock for T-Mobile or separate carrier, I've heard NOT to update.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •