Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE - The iPad is Jailbroken, Spirit

It's being released now since it's an user-land jailbreak and Apple can easily patch those out. Holding it any longer would just waste the jailbreak. Putting it out now gives users a chance to play and gets those who were stuck with a tethered jailbreak to stop begging for untethered.

That's my thoughts.

I'm still getting an error with the windows version. I get the message that I need itunes 9 installed and then closes out. Of course I do have itunes 9 installed and still get this error.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2010-05-04 at 01:36 AM.

So if i put blackrain on 3GS 3.1.3 I'll get nothing? does dev team or geo plan on releasing a newer version?

Default Spirit not working!
    I have Windows Vista and have the latest version of iTunes and when I don't run in 98 compatibility mode I get the dl.exe error. When I run it in 98/me compatibility mode, I get the error: "Spirit.exe stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...". Does any know how to solve this?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-05-04 at 03:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    So if i put blackrain on 3GS 3.1.3 I'll get nothing? does dev team or geo plan on releasing a newer version?

you don't blackra1n 3.1.3, that's only for 3.1.2. This article is for a jailbreak called Spirit for 3.2 and 3.1.3. This is what you use to jailbreak 3.1.3, not blackra1n. I believe if you try to use blackra1n, you risk the chances of bricking your phone. I can't confirm that's what will happen but the point is, Blackra1n = 3.1.2 and Spirit = 3.1.3/3.2

GeoHot is working on a jailbreak that will be out in June called Limera1n... this is NOT for 3.1.3 and is only for 4.0 and i believe will contain an unlock as well.
    Last edited by Pitbull2o08; 2010-05-04 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by H3x. View Post
    @nahzd

No, it can't, an unlock won't be available till 4.0 gets released
    Thanks H3x.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone knows how to restore the tethering capabilities in order to use the iPhone as a modem? I'm with AT&T and had the 3.1.2 jailbreaked on my 3GS with tethering enabled. Now there is no tethering, I'm installing the profile from BenM.at and also tried with peacefullinsanity without success .

It worked I love jail break!!!

I love Spirit!!!

Great Job to everyone one who made this happen!!!

Pitbull it was a simple question you don't have to explain what a jailbreak is I've been doing it since 07

Thanks

lol my bad. I just hate when people who've been jailbreaking for 3 years ask stupid questions they should know the answer to. sorry.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08 View Post
    lol my bad. I just hate when people who've been jailbreaking for 3 years ask stupid questions they should know the answer to. sorry.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08 View Post
    I agree! I have only been jailbreaking for less than a year now and I have been following jailbreaking closely and i knew the minute spirit was released and i am already jailbroken at 3.1.2 and dont need to jailbreak..but i know what its for and when to use it.

Thanks

yeah... and he says he just bought a 3GS. and that's the only one in his sig.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyPR View Post
    Does anyone knows how to restore the tethering capabilities in order to use the iPhone as a modem? I'm with AT&T and had the 3.1.2 jailbreaked on my 3GS with tethering enabled. Now there is no tethering, I'm installing the profile from BenM.at and also tried with peacefullinsanity without success .
    Does anyone had experience loosing the data tethering capabilities? Any fix? This is the only issue I have right now so far. WIFI and everything else working normal.

I also have been jailbreaking since 2007 and follow the scene. "The Maestro", Pitbull was just being polite and informative.

Pitbull, good answer

Thanks

Does anyone had experience loosing the data tethering capabilities? Any fix? This is the only issue I have right now so far. WIFI and everything else working normal.

I also have been jailbreaking since 2007 and follow the scene. "The Maestro", Pitbull was just being polite and informative.

Pitbull, good answer
    Umm then you should know about the 2 available tethering programs currently on cydia and the rock app. MYWI and PDANET i have used both, both work mywi is cheaper...and seems more stable than PDANET. How could you possibly not know about these tethering programs???

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

PuppyPR (2010-05-04)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Umm then you should know about the 2 available tethering programs currently on cydia and the rock app. MYWI and PDANET i have used both, both work mywi is cheaper...and seems more stable than PDANET. How could you possibly not know about these tethering programs???
    Oh well, I was just being cheap, I know of them but not used them since I had the tethering without them. I just installed the peacefullinsanity or the BenM.help profile for AT&T and was able to tether data.
    PDANET had battery drainage issues (that was on versions below 1.51) but have not follow those two since I did not need them.
    Thanks for the hint, maybe is time to try MYWI.

Thanks

I found a link before on how to do it without pdanet or mywi but since i already have both..i did not care for the hassle. But i am sure if you search these forums or google you may find it.

Oh well, I was just being cheap, I know of them but not used them since I had the tethering without them. I just installed the peacefullinsanity or the BenM.help profile for AT&T and was able to tether data.
    PDANET had battery drainage issues (that was on versions below 1.51) but have not follow those two since I did not need them.
    Thanks for the hint, maybe is time to try MYWI.

Hey i think i found the directions you may be looking for.

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=805002]Enable Native Tethering the Easy Way on 3.1.2 (Not DevTeam way) - Mac Forums[/ame]

let me know if this works for u!
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2010-05-04 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

PuppyPR (2010-05-04)

Thanks
    Donated!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I found a link before on how to do it without pdanet or mywi but since i already have both..i did not care for the hassle. But i am sure if you search these forums or google you may find it.

Hey i think i found the directions you may be looking for.

Enable Native Tethering the Easy Way on 3.1.2 (Not DevTeam way) - Mac Forums

let me know if this works for u!
    Thanks!!! Installed MYWI and works like a charm!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    okay. i guess this sprint jailbreak wont working if you have tethered 3.1.2 unlocked 3GS with 3.1.3 SHSH on cydia and jailbroken with blackra1n. you cant use sprint to untethered after use blackra1n.. is that right? i know i cant restore because of 3.1.3 SHSH and i didnt want to upgrade because i want to keep unlocked on 3.1.2. anyone know anything about how to get untether about this?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast