Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just bought iPad 2 on 4.3.5

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well, I was in and out of the store in less than fifteen minutes with a replacement, no problem.

The bad news is it's iOS 4.3.5! Damn!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Did they give you a new one or open box ?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Did they give you a new one or open box ?
    I really don't know. They just took it and came back two minutes later with the ipad itself, so I don't know.

Well, based on what I've been reading here and other places, with people returning and exchanging multiple times, maybe I'll try again. But I'm beginning to feel that the odds of getting an iPad with 4.3.3 are slim. I think even when people return them and they're refurbished they probably update the software on them before sending them out again.

Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    if you go to the apple store, you'll get 4.3.5. if you call apple and tell them you CAN'T get to the Apple store no matter what! they will ship you one with 4.3.3 (usually). Thats how i downgraded mine!
    I said it! They tried to convince me to go to the Apple store, they even tried to convince me to ask a friend or family member to take it for me. I told them I have NO ONE that can do this for me and I am unable to get there. I knew they would make sure it had the latest, if it's sent from Apple as an RMA they likely have many waiting to be sent as replacements and don't go through each one before shipping rather test them at an earlier date. They shipped the replacement right away, running 4.3.3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PDADoctor View Post
    Well, based on what I've been reading here and other places, with people returning and exchanging multiple times, maybe I'll try again.
    Exchange again, make sure you go to a different store or they are going to say, " You again, you were here yesterday "
    I don't think it is worth all these trouble, if you don't have shsh blob, then you must not messed it up to a point where you have to restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    I said it! They tried to convince me to go to the Apple store, they even tried to convince me to ask a friend or family member to take it for me. I told them I have NO ONE that can do this for me and I am unable to get there. I knew they would make sure it had the latest, if it's sent from Apple as an RMA they likely have many waiting to be sent as replacements and don't go through each one before shipping rather test them at an earlier date. They shipped the replacement right away, running 4.3.3.
    You know, based on that logic, you're probably right.

Exchange again, make sure you go to a different store or they are going to say, " You again, you were here yesterday "
    I don't think it is worth all these trouble, if you don't have shsh blob, then you must not messed it up to a point where you have to restore.
    I was thinking about going to another store, but then this came to me: don't they keep computerized records of every visit/exchange, no matter which store you go to? I'm inclined to think they do.

You're also right about it probably not being worth all this trouble, but I like using all the tweaks and utilities that I can get through Cydia; it really makes my life easier. As the iPad is now, I really feel a little bit limited.

So if it's done by mail to Apple, how is it done, exactly? Do they require me to send it to them and they send me the replacement once they receive mine? Or do they take my credit card as collateral and ship the replacement and I put the old one in that box and send it back?
    Last edited by PDADoctor; 2011-09-16 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks

I guess your 14 days or one month return policy has ended. You could have returned it and get a used or saved shsh blob from eBay or craiglist is the way to go.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I guess your 14 days or one month return policy has ended. You could have returned it and get a used or saved shsh blob from eBay or craiglist is the way to go.
    I don't know. I won the device, so I didn't purchase it. I only received it Monday.

Call Apple tell them u exchanged it and it has bleeding on the screen its a common issue, google it first so you know what to say. Tell them you cant go to the store you will have to give them a credit card to hold 650$. They mail you a new one and once received you ship yours back they remove the hold. If you really want 4.3.3 try it, you have nothing to lose.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You're right, I don't have anything to lose.

And seeing as it's done the way you described, I'll definitely give it a go. I'd rather have it done by giving them my Amex card for security and having them ship me a replacement and put the old one in the same box and ship it back. That's the way it should always be done!

As for knowing what to say, My last one really did have light bleed issues and so does this one, so I have a legitimate claim.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Thanks

How do you test for light bleeding , just curious.

I have heard an untethered jailbreak for IOS 5 is in progress but will not be released until iOS 5 public release. Not sure if iPad 2 is included.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-16 at 08:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The way I found out was I was on a night flight and working on a PowerPoint presentation and I noticed the yellowish light leaking from the left side and bottom of my iPad. When I got home I did a search and found out that it was a problem with some of the iPads.

Before that, I really didn't know anything about it. It's on this one as well.

is shsh device specific?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SHSH blobs are iDevice + iOS version unique. No sharing allowed.

got this really the way ipad2. back from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3?
    how you have solved the problem with Step 2?

I have the problem that once the report comes in Redsn0w:

"ISPW Firmware file not recognized"

How and what do you do?

Would be grateful for a solution.

Greetings from Pinarek.... Translate with Google-Translator.
    iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1
    MacOSX 10.7.3 - Dev.

iYeow...thanks for downloadlink, that is not the problem, i think is another Error
    with this redsn0w and this 4.3.3 ISPW-File, with back from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

I will waiting from answer from user: RRo420
    iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1
    MacOSX 10.7.3 - Dev.

redsn0w doesn't work with iPad 2, you can't go back from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 unless you have SHSH Blobs. You can only go to 5

Green Apple
    Thanks
    At this point, I'm seriously considering buying a jailbroken iPad 2. I'm seeing a few of them being sold, and they're all jailbroken with iOS 4.3.3 and Cydia already installed. Problem is mine is a 64GB and the ones I'm seeing are 32GB only so far.

One thing though: just because it's jailbroken doesn't mean the SHSH blobs have been saved, right?

Thanks

Correct, jailbroken doesn't mean shsh has been saved and only wifi model can be restored again with blob on IPAD 2.
    I should have kept my ipad 2 64gb wifi only with blob saved from 4.3.1 instead i sold it and went for ipad 2 64gb factory unlocked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast