Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't restore to 4.3.5 on iPad1

Default can't restore to 4.3.5 on iPad1
    Hi,

i have an iPad 1 running ios 3.2 and want to update it, but don't have SHSH so i'm trying to restore to 4.3.5 but i get the error 3194.

is there anyway to restore to other ios?

and if no, how can i fix the error with 4.3.5??

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Go to your hosts file and delete the line that has gs.apple.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sort of in the same boat. My iPad1 had been acting sluggish (like it's having trouble freeing memory) so I tried to wipe everything and reinstall 4.3.2. I first tried editing the hosts file but iTunes refused to restore. I deleted the gs.apple.com line in the Hosts file but it still refused to restore using 4.3.2. Sitting there looking at the iPad stuck in DFU made me give up and just accept 4.3.5.

I know it's gonna be tethered-only but what version of redsn0w do I need to jailbreak 4.3.5?

Not sure what I did wrong but I thought if Cydia listed your SHSH blobs as saved you could restore the same iOS version without this happening?

BTW, iPad with stock 4.3.5 is still as sluggish as before. :-(

@imean Fix iTunes Error 3194 When Restoring / Updating To Stock or Custom 4.3.3 Firmware | Redmond Pie

@jack, if you have your 4.3.2 shsh files you can build them into a custom signed (meaning no apple verification aka no need for edited host files) using ifaith and restore that way

you can also try using sn0wbreeze(pc)/pwnagetool(mac) to build yourself 4.3.2 CFW (use baseband preservation mode, then jailbreak with redsn0w after successful restore) and then put it in a pwn'd dfu mode before the restore, this sometimes will fix your issue

latest version of redsn0w = https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1

also i never had success when manually editing itunes host files, try using tinyumbrella's tss server instead

quick side not for both of you, sometimes itunes doesn't like a specific usb port for some reason. i know its ridiculous, but that is apple for you, try switching them around. if using a tower, use the rear usb ports.

good luck guys
    Last edited by thecrunked; 2011-08-22 at 04:52 PM.

thanks iYeow it worked,

also thanks thecrunked for your help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Jack View Post
    I'm sort of in the same boat. My iPad1 had been acting sluggish (like it's having trouble freeing memory) so I tried to wipe everything and reinstall 4.3.2. I first tried editing the hosts file but iTunes refused to restore. I deleted the gs.apple.com line in the Hosts file but it still refused to restore using 4.3.2. Sitting there looking at the iPad stuck in DFU made me give up and just accept 4.3.5.

I k
    now it's gonna be tethered-only but what version of redsn0w do I need to jailbreak 4.3.5?
    Not sure what I did wrong but I thought if Cydia listed your SHSH blobs as saved you could restore the same iOS version without this happening?

BTW, iPad with stock 4.3.5 is still as sluggish as before. :-(
    Your case is different, you need to point hosts file to cydia if you have 4.3.2 blob or start tss server with 4.3.2 blob downloaded as apple no longer signs the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by imean View Post
    thanks iYeow it worked,

also thanks thecrunked for your help
    No problem , glad you got it going.