Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to piss of a pregnant wife

Default How to piss of a pregnant wife
    1. Buy her an iPad 2
    2. Luckily find one that is running 4.3.3 and jailbreak it
    3. Install some apps
    4. Install Winterboard via Cydia
    5. Watch as Winterboard makes the iPad 2 think it's resolution is that of an iPhone
    6. Not be able to fix it as now all apps crash
    7. Not be able to reinstall 4.3.3 because you didn't/can't save SHSH blobs
    8. Take it back to the store, claim it's broken
    9. Swap it for a new iPad 2
    10. Get it home and it already has 4.3.5 on it and can't be jailbroken

Edit*
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2011-08-19 at 06:59 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jailbreakme is for the iPad 2 4.3.3 only.

iPad1: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    iPad2: 4.3.3
    iPhone3GS: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    iPhone4: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    iPhone4-CDMA: 4.2.6 through 4.2.8
    iPod touch 3g: 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
    iPod touch 4g: 4.3 through 4.3.3

Dev-Team Blog
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-18 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Add full Jailbreakme list

Edit*
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2011-08-19 at 07:00 AM.

its funny because that was an easy fix, all you had to do is post here and anybody could have told you or you could have google

also @bender jailbreakme.com is 4.3.3 ONLY

How was it fixable?

SSH wasn't installed, Cydia crashed every time it was opened, I'd installed Cydelete, but when you clicked on the X to delete an app (I was hoping I could just delete Winterboard because I think it was that that had stuffed it up) it did not display the dialogue box to allow you to delete it. I tried to restore from a backup prior to the jailbreak and it wouldn't work. I couldn't restore 4.3.3 because I'd not saved my blobs.

So, how could it have been done?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You could have used iFaith to use 4.3.3 blobs.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

How would I have installed it with Cydia crashing and SSH turned off?

Ifaith doesn't work for iPad 2

You could have turned the iPad on and let it sit. Plug it into ur computer and use any file browsing program (such as ifunbox) and deleted the theme. You don't need ssh to access iOS file system.

I screwed up my iPad 2 with color keyboard, it was crashing on unlock, so I opened ifunbox and deleted it manually. After reboot it was working fine. No need for ssh, it's slower and annoying to setup
    Last edited by thecrunked; 2011-08-19 at 02:29 AM.

Thing is, I didn't load a theme as such.

I opened Cydia, installed uMonitor and TorrentTrak, and it needed to install two other dependencies, one of which was Winterboard, the other I don't recall.

When it rebooted, it was obvious that something had happened to the resolution as everything was out of whack. As soon as any app was opened, including Cydia, the iPad settings, even the Photo app, the iPad rebooted. Nothing could run.

Oh well, we have a working, unjailbreakable iPad now, and whilst she'd like to be able to run Cydia apps, she can't for the time being

https://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbreaking/774993-ipad-2-wifi-4-3-3-help.html
    I wish i wouldve just tried funbox and delete the file that screwed up my ipad, i believe it wouldve booted. Seems like i had a problem similar to mrcrunks. The moral of the story here is if you have ipad 2 jailbroken with no blobs do not mess around with cydia stuff that changes important stuff, theres obviously some compatibility issues with ipad 2 and older apps. Check out that thread i linked.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 2011-08-19 at 04:04 AM.

Well if yall say im wrong on the jailbreakme.com Ill believe you, I havent been on top with all the new updates from Apple for about amonth now.

It's all good I don't claim to always be right, but I would like to say thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by uneekwahn View Post
    Thing is, I didn't load a theme as such.

I opened Cydia, installed uMonitor and TorrentTrak, and it needed to install two other dependencies, one of which was Winterboard, the other I don't recall.

When it rebooted, it was obvious that something had happened to the resolution as everything was out of whack. As soon as any app was opened, including Cydia, the iPad settings, even the Photo app, the iPad rebooted. Nothing could run.

Oh well, we have a working, unjailbreakable iPad now, and whilst she'd like to be able to run Cydia apps, she can't for the time being
    thats exactly what happened to me after installing color keyboard. i just had to search for all the files manually and delete them, then everything was fine

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    thats exactly what happened to me after installing color keyboard. i just had to search for all the files manually and delete them, then everything was fine
    Interesting Color Keyboard works for me, iPhone4 on 4.3.3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Unfortunately, this Color keyboard does not work on iPad forcing me to purchase iacess from China which costs US15.00 but more flexibility on customising the keyboard. love the krptonite theme and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    You could have used iFaith to use 4.3.3 blobs.
    iFaith cannot be used on the ipad 2 as there is no bootrom exploit yet

Thanks

Wonder if there is going to be a bootrom exploit for iPad 2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uneekwahn View Post
    1. Buy her an iPad 2
    2. Luckily find one that is running 4.3.3 and jailbreak it
    3. Install some apps
    4. Install Winterboard via Cydia
    5. Watch as Winterboard makes the iPad 2 think it's resolution is that of an iPhone
    6. Not be able to fix it as now all apps crash
    7. Not be able to reinstall 4.3.3 because you didn't/can't save SHSH blobs
    8. Take it back to the store, claim it's broken
    9. Swap it for a new iPad 2
    10. Get it home and it already has 4.3.5 on it and can't be jailbroken

For number 5 did you install retinapad for this? if so that was what causing your apps to crash it does not support anything over 4.1 and if you have it enabled it will cause the apps to crash once opened. The easy fix would have been to turn it off or uninstall it.

Thanks

It is already too late, had a swap with a new iPad 2. He really pissed off his wife