Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad 4.3.3 cannot store SHSH file? soon iOS 5

Default ipad 4.3.3 cannot store SHSH file? soon iOS 5
    Have just received my ipad2, I jailbreak it via jailbreakme.com "firm 4.3.3"

Everything goes smooth, no problems, everything working and it still does NICE!

BUT ..

Loading TinyUmbrella and try other alternatives, but it does not save SHSH file .. Checking the internet a little, and it is shown that apple will no longer sign it, whatever it is.

I am curious what it will mean to me ..

I suppose I can still restore my phone to 4.3.3 since I have backed it up, right?

But when the new OS5 released will I then encounter some problems?

If I understand right is SHSH file is quite important in relation to recovery right?

Hope I've explained myself properly

So i think my question is, should i restore my phone with the backup, or will it not be a problem?

Nickness

Bump!
    Anyone?!

Ps. By phone i mean iPad
    Last edited by nickness; 2011-08-14 at 09:38 AM.

No you can't save shsh blobs for fw 4.3.3 when apple stops signing the fw which they have because now we are on 4.3.5 you can't save for an earlier fw. So there will be no way for you to restore back to 4.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    No you can't save shsh blobs for fw 4.3.3 when apple stops signing the fw which they have because now we are on 4.3.5 you can't save for an earlier fw. So there will be no way for you to restore back to 4.3.3
    Okay, but i Will still be able to restore my iPad with the 4.3.5 fw right?
    I mean, im not stucket with the 4.3.3 fw forever, its just that i Wont be able to have my iPad jb? So when iOS 5 comes out i have no problem updating my phone, only thing is that i Will loose my jailbreak right?

You will be fine, just don't b0rk your iPad. We will get an iOS 5 jailbreak eventually, just make sure you save your shsh files from now on.