Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Wifi, 4.3.3 HELP!!

Default iPad 2 Wifi, 4.3.3 HELP!!
    Recently purchased an iPad 2 from newegg, received it on Monday. It came with exactly what I wanted, 4.3.3. So I went to jailbreakme and installed Cydia. It's been working no problems for days. Today I was using it, put it to sleep, came back and it was frozen. I held both buttons forced a reboot now it just goes to apple logo and stops. I do get the frozen little circle showing 'loading' and then i hear the power up jingle. But it stays frozen. Unfortunately, I couldn't (can't) get the shsh blobs for 4.3.3 anymore, so restoring would put me on 4.3.5

My questions is...
    Is there anyway I can push it to boot? I read somewhere redsn0w boot tethered has fixed some of these issues but redsn0w doesn't support ipad2 (yet).

The other funny thing is, if I leave it to boot and get stuck itunes pops up and says it's locked with a code and it needs to be unlocked to be seen by itunes. (which it is locked with a code but i can't enter it).

Can anyone help me get this iPad to boot up without restoring? I feel like it can almost boot, it's not like other "bricked" ios devices.

have you tried using tinyumbrella? I know that has a way of forcing the phones at least to reboot.

Thanks for replying, I tried tinyumbrella recovery fix and exit recovery while in dfu mode. It's so sad but I came to the realization that there is no way to get it to boot and I had no choice but to restore to 4.3.5 I bought it to jailbreak it but then realized I can't save the blobs so if anything happened I was screwed; and it happened so quickly. I truly hope there will be a jailbreak from these guys once ios5 is released, I don't doubt it at all.

Call Apple tell them it has a screen bleeding issue and they will replace with a 4.3.3 firmware iPad2.

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    Call Apple tell them it has a screen bleeding issue and they will replace with a 4.3.3 firmware iPad2.
    i can do that, if I call will they mail it to me? If i go to the Apple store the guy's going to look at it and say there's no screen bleeding.

They will mail you one for free, but you have to mail yours to them first or let them put a hold on your credit card then they will mail you one then you mail you're old one back and they remove the hold. It's just to make sure you send yours back, I don't know how much the hold is for, I know with an iPhone 4 it was $500.

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    They will mail you one for free, but you have to mail yours to them first or let them put a hold on your credit card then they will mail you one then you mail you're old one back and they remove the hold. It's just to make sure you send yours back, I don't know how much the hold is for, I know with an iPhone 4 it was $500.
    the hold was $650, new iPad 2 is enroute i'll report back if it has 4.3.3 on it.

Received my new unit today, brand new running 4.3.3. Thank you for the tips Chad and Emerica! It was a success.
    I have successfully downgraded my iPad 2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Really, you can request the replacement with the same firmware version you have on your broken iPad 2. Never heard of this before.

No no, it just so happens that any ipad 2 sent out as a replacement from Apple has 4.3.3. I took a chance and it worked out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

That is good but you must not mess around with root files and when installing themes or tweaks , read the instructions carefully and make sure it is meant for iPad as you cannot afford to restore again without 4.3.3 blobs

I'm dying to install themes and other mods but I promised myself I won't until I have jailbreak with blobs. I really think there's issues with some stuff running on ipad2.